2013-2014 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite received today!

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome! Congrats! When did were you complete?

Awesome! Congrats! When did were you complete?

Was complete with AMCAS 7/17/13, Received Secondary 7/31/13. Submitted secondary 8/13/13, Interview received 8/22/13.

Members don't see this ad :)
Verified August 24,2013
Received secondary August 26,2013 (after initial screen)
Submitted secondary August 27, 2013
Now hoping for some love

Congrats by the way!!

Complete 8/22
Received II today!

II :) :) :) :)

Any female want to meet at the airport so we could reduce the cost of a hotel and car rental?

Any male want to share a rental car so we could reduce the cost?

Last edited:
Awesome! When were you complete?

Quick question. On page 1, it asks "Type of application: New or Re-application to Medical School".

This means reapplicant to any schools, right? Not just Meharry (because there's a question on that on page 3)? I applied last year (not to Meharry) and was rejected. About 90% sure I'm assuming correct but I wanted to double check.

Thanks!

32 MCAT, 3.75 sGPA CA Resident.
Race: White/Native American
Secondary Received: 8/13
Secondary Submitted: 8/15
Placed on 'hold'/rejected via email: 9/2
good luck to all who got II's.

Never mind, I got the answer

Last edited:
Just got a rejection, 3.5 GPA for both sci and overall, 31 mcat . Pretty disappointed but hoping to hear from plenty of DO schools, really liking what they are offering, as well as any Michigan med schools to be close to home.

Good luck to everyone else :)

Complete: Aug 28th
II: Sept 3rd

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
32 MCAT, 3.75 sGPA CA Resident.
Race: White/Native American
Secondary Received: 8/13
Secondary Submitted: 8/15
Placed on 'hold'/rejected via email: 9/2
good luck to all who got II's.

Just got a rejection, 3.5 GPA for both sci and overall, 31 mcat . Pretty disappointed but hoping to hear from plenty of DO schools, really liking what they are offering, as well as any Michigan med schools to be close to home.

Good luck to everyone else :)

Ummm, not to sound insensitive, but HOW and WHY would they reject you both? Your stats are well above average! o_O

Quick question; if you're a reapplicant but not to Meharry, do you answer that you're a reapplicant? TYIA

yea, i don't get it. adderall20xr and almirbhf are really good. Just submitted secondary today. Anyone else have got interviews?

one question...so after i submitted my secondary, i read again on the website and found out that you do need to explain why there is not a letter from your advisor/premedical committee (if you don't have one). There was nowhere on the application that addressed this. Thats why I completely forgot about it until after my submission. Anyone else knows whether they will not consider my application complete for this?

Anyone know if all our LOR have to be in before we are considered for an interview? TIA and best of luck to all :)

Hi everyone

I started a medically related job after submitting my amcas application. So far it has been an amazing experience and I have learned alot. I would like to make Meharry aware of this. Do you guys know if they accept update letters? If so should I send via snail mail or email? Also is there a spot to include extra info on the secondary?

Thanks so much!:)

Anyone know if all our LOR have to be in before we are considered for an interview? TIA and best of luck to all :)

I'm pretty sure that you have to have a "complete" application before it can be under review. That includes all info from amcas transcripts letters etc and secondary application. Hope this helps.

complete on the 13th, cause my mcat score came out on the 11th.
not a traditional URM but a minority in another way
3.54 gpa
canadian
24 mcat, but best *combination* of scores is bs10, vr9, ps8.

someone tell me if you think I have any kind of shot <3

3.54 gpa
canadian

omgitsang and chacha89 - Do you mind posting your stats? thanks

one quick question: how do you check application status?? I tried logging in after I submitted my secondary but all i could see was my submission :-s

3.54 gpa
canadian

Your stats are near identical to mine (minus the Canadian part; I am from Texas), and I just received an interview invite earlier today via email. I don't know about your case, but in my case I knew my GPA/MCAT would be low so I loaded up on volunteering/shadowing/extracurricular in order to be a good "all around medical student". In conclusion, you do have a shot. Good luck :)

one quick question: how do you check application status?? I tried logging in after I submitted my secondary but all i could see was my submission :-s

Did you receive a confirmation email on your secondary submission? When you log in to Meharry's site it should say "submitted" under secondary. Did I answer your question? Is that what you meant by application status?

Your stats are near identical to mine (minus the Canadian part; I am from Texas), and I just received an interview invite earlier today via email. I don't know about your case, but in my case I knew my GPA/MCAT would be low so I loaded up on volunteering/shadowing/extracurricular in order to be a good "all around medical student". In conclusion, you do have a shot. Good luck :)

Did you receive a confirmation email on your secondary submission? When you log in to Meharry's site it should say "submitted" under secondary. Did I answer your question? Is that what you meant by application status?

Hey yes I did :), thanks! so will that "submitted" status change over the course of time, like on hold or interview?? Congrats on the interview!. When were you complete??

Hey yes I did :), thanks! so will that "submitted" status change over the course of time, like on hold or interview?? Congrats on the interview!. When were you complete??

Nope, it still says submitted for me. And thank you for the congrats. I've been in dire need for some good fortune to come my way lately; I'm definitely feeling blessed.

I submitted my AMCAS on July 12th (was verified August 26th), and Meharry sent me an email inviting me to complete the secondary on September 2nd (which I completed that day). Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck, keep the faith.

Nope, it still says submitted for me. And thank you for the congrats. I've been in dire need for some good fortune to come my way lately; I'm definitely feeling blessed.

I submitted my AMCAS on July 12th (was verified August 26th), and Meharry sent me an email inviting me to complete the secondary on September 2nd (which I completed that day). Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck, keep the faith.

thank you so much, im trying!

Does anyone know if there is a place to store your luggage on interview day?

Omg I never emailed to get a parking permit. Omg what am I to do? Uuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh.

And I already booked a hotel from priceline, tried calling to cancel but no one answering which is weird I thought hotel were 24/7 service.
Anyone here with a parking permit staying at the extended stay America at Nashville airport, that would be kind enough to give me a ride to meharry?

Last edited:
Can someone please print out two parking passes or can you pm me with a link to the parking pass and I can print it.

So screwed. Called my hotel and they said I would def. need a rent a car, guess meharry. I am just so shock they don't just give everyone a parking pass like other schools, is getting a parking pass another test, they wonder who actually thoroughly reads information in advance, uuuuugggghhhh.

Looks like meharry will remember me because I parked illegally on campus.

Looking on Google maps doesn't seem to be a Walgreens or some other local place to park my car in walking distance.

Last edited:
Going to have to park at the parking garage at the hospital and walk over, it will be 4 dollars well spent.

I am interviewing tomorrow. Is anyone staying at La Quinta Inn Nashville South?

I never been lost so many times in such a short time, what a highway system.

there are a lot of places to park around in the area.. I would NOT however park past the buildings going south because its a little sketchy. But north of the buildings are fine to park your car and just walk it... thats what most med students do anyway. but there are a lot of hills.

Researching Meharry now and, I have fallen in love. My number one choice now.

Interview went great.

Pre and post interview experience were terrible. I got lost and was late to the interview but I wasn't the only one.

Last edited:
Sept 30th interviewees were first batch of students. The interview day was pretty quick, but the time between arrival and lunch is pretty long. I highly suggest you bring snacks. The 1 on 1 interviews were nice from what I experienced and other interviewees said. They are extremely conversational. They aren't blind interviews, so my interviewer asked me specifics about my application. I feel my student interview (well, informal lunch) may have hurt me because I didn't ask many questions. I liked meharry overall. Although it's not a research powerhouse, it is a great school if you want to have excellent clinical training (diverse patient population).

It is silent right now (due to these block exams)but we are rooting for y'all!

rejection today, secondary submitted on 9/17