2013-2014 Meharry Medical College

Started by Tots
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been waiting to hear since 8/26 so I'm with you...starting to feel nervous.
I've been waiting since 8/13. They said in 48 hours I should have received an email saying my application was complete but I still am waiting. I've emailed and not yet heard a response. Starting to stress.
 
I just got an interview invite today! It took five days for them to get back to me after submitting my secondary. I submitted it on the 9th, they "completed my application" on the 11th, and emailed today (the 14th). Good luck to you!
Congrats! What dates were available when you signed up for your interview? Just trying to get an idea of where in the cycle they are
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary after your amcas was verified? I was verified 8/22 , 8/25 I got an email saying the received my amcas and need to review it. I am an African American male 27 MCAT, 3.25 c and s GPA. I did apply to Meharry in 2011, with a 24 MCAT got an interview but, didn't get in. I should at least get a secondary right?
 
I was verified on the first day and I got this e-mail in July 22. Secondary e-mail came August 13th, but in the e-mail they say give up to 6 weeks to hear back. I don't know how stringent their screen is but considering you were invited for an interview previously, I highly doubt you'll be screened out this time around. I wouldn't sweat it. Best of luck to you!

How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary after your amcas was verified? I was verified 8/22 , 8/25 I got an email saying the received my amcas and need to review it. I am an African American male 27 MCAT, 3.25 c and s GPA. I did apply to Meharry in 2011, with a 24 MCAT got an interview but, didn't get in. I should at least get a secondary right?
 
You got the complete e-mail, right? In there it says that they don't want us to contact them 🙁
I submitted my secondary a while ago and still no communication.... Should I contact them????

You got the complete e-mail, right? In there it says that they don't want us to contact them 🙁

"Dear Applicant:

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your verified AMCAS application including MCAT scores, Meharry Medical College Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation. Your application is now complete and is ready to be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and interview consideration.

Please allow up to six weeks for review. You will receive written communication indicating the Admissions Committee's decision. There is no need to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment until the Admissions Committee's review is complete as this seriously delays the process.

Thank you for your interest in Meharry Medical College."
 
How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary after your amcas was verified? I was verified 8/22 , 8/25 I got an email saying the received my amcas and need to review it. I am an African American male 27 MCAT, 3.25 c and s GPA. I did apply to Meharry in 2011, with a 24 MCAT got an interview but, didn't get in. I should at least get a secondary right?
You should have received a secondary by now, for sure. I have similar stats and already have an II. I was verified around the same time, complete early Sept. Sometimes apps get lost, so I would contact them, esp. since you interviewed with them before..
 
You should have received a secondary by now, for sure. I have similar stats and already have an II. I was verified around the same time, complete early Sept. Sometimes apps get lost, so I would contact them, esp. since you interviewed with them before..
I actually meant 10/22 and 10/25 sorry about that typo.
 
Hello Everyone. I am a current second year at Meharry. I see there are some first years who are helping you guys, but if you have any questions, please feel free to send a private message or ask me here. Good luck to you all applying and I hope you are able to join the Meharry family next June.
 
I just got an interview invite today! It took five days for them to get back to me after submitting my secondary. I submitted it on the 9th, they "completed my application" on the 11th, and emailed today (the 14th). Good luck to you!

Do you mind sharing your stats? What state are you from?
 
Hello Everyone. I am a current second year at Meharry. I see there are some first years who are helping you guys, but if you have any questions, please feel free to send a private message or ask me here. Good luck to you all applying and I hope you are able to join the Meharry family next June.
Do you mind sharing any info about how rotations work? Where are they located and are they picked through a lottery system?
 
You got the complete e-mail, right? In there it says that they don't want us to contact them 🙁


You got the complete e-mail, right? In there it says that they don't want us to contact them 🙁

"Dear Applicant:

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your verified AMCAS application including MCAT scores, Meharry Medical College Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation. Your application is now complete and is ready to be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and interview consideration.

Please allow up to six weeks for review. You will receive written communication indicating the Admissions Committee's decision. There is no need to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment until the Admissions Committee's review is complete as this seriously delays the process.

Thank you for your interest in Meharry Medical College."
Yes :/ that was 8/28 though.......
 
Hey everyone! I just got my secondary!!!!! I know a lot of you have already been accepted! Way to go guys! Does anyone who has been through secondaries and interviews have any advice?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind sharing any info about how rotations work? Where are they located and are they picked through a lottery system?
I don't know much about how rotations work until we start making our schedules for third year in the spring. All i can say though is that you do rotations at Nashville General Hospital(which is on Meharry Campus), the VA, some rotations are also done at Vanderbilt and other Meharry Affiliations, so you do get to work in other places aside from NGH.
 
🙁🙁🙁 My grandfather was an alumni if this school as well.

I'm not holding out much hope for myself..I'm OOS with no real IS ties and sub-average stats. The only thing I have for this school is an excellent LOR from a recent-ish alum who's friends with one of the ADCOM guys. 🙁 Crossing my fingers for you though!
 
Congrats! What dates were available when you signed up for your interview? Just trying to get an idea of where in the cycle they are

They assigned a date in the II email, so I really didn't have a choice and didn't need to move it so idk how cooperative they are with that. Good luck to you!
 
I was accepted a few weeks ago and, I have received my acceptance letter but, I did not receive a packet or information about immunizations, housing, etc. Do you think I should call them?
 
I was accepted a few weeks ago and, I have received my acceptance letter but, I did not receive a packet or information about immunizations, housing, etc. Do you think I should call them?

I don't think they are sending-out info packets until next year. I've only received a confirmation email for my deposit.
 
Just got an II today! Submitted Secondary mid-October, and was "complete" on Oct. 30th. Interview scheduled for 11/18. 3.97 cGPA, 3.95 sGPA, 27 MCAT, URM.
 
Congrats everyone that got accepted! Can anyone suggest a realistic timeframe, if I submitted my II on 10/31, when could I expect an email for an interview, if they are interested?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone that got accepted! Can anyone suggest a realistic timeframe, if I submitted my II on 10/31, when could I expect an email for an interview, if they are interested?

Well in 2011 when I applied here, I was complete Nov 4th, and received interview on Dec 1st for Feb 13th

this cycle I was complete Nov 4th, and hoping they are moving a bit faster this year
 
Hey everyone! I interviewed 11/11 and got my acceptance 11/22!! I was super excited, but I ended up declining last night. I'm getting married around the time classes start and I found out that my fiancé got accepted to an MD program in our home state. Hopefully this freed up a spot for one of the wait-listed people. Good luck to you all :happy:
Congrats! When were you complete?
 
Good Morning guys! I interviewed Oct. 28th and received an acceptance on Nov. 8th. They move pretty fast-faster than they were moving in previous years I heard. Good luck everyone!
 
Think the main thing keeping my hopes going for this school is that I know for a fact that they've done pre interview rejections. No news is good news for me so far I guess. Now as far as the other 7 schools that don't seen to be giving rejections unless you've interviewed that's my concern. I'm getting silent rejection vibes all around.
 
Well in 2011 when I applied here, I was complete Nov 4th, and received interview on Dec 1st for Feb 13th

this cycle I was complete Nov 4th, and hoping they are moving a bit faster this year


Ok. I guess all we can do is positive thinking and patience.
 
Hey everyone, hopefully all is going well with the application process for you guys and gals. I just got accepted to Meharry and was wondering for those of you who did get accepted, the email said that in addition to mailing the deposit we must give Meharry:

"a written notification of your intent to accept our invitation"

Anyone know how to go about writing the intent? How formal or informal should it be??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, hopefully all is going well with the application process for you guys and gals. I just got accepted to Meharry and was wondering for those of you who did get accepted, the email said that in addition to mailing the deposit we must give Meharry:

"a written notification of your intent to accept our invitation"

Anyone know how to go about writing the intent? How formal or informal should it be??

I just responded back to the email. I received a confirmation email after they received my deposit.
 
Hey everyone, hopefully all is going well with the application process for you guys and gals. I just got accepted to Meharry and was wondering for those of you who did get accepted, the email said that in addition to mailing the deposit we must give Meharry:

"a written notification of your intent to accept our invitation"

Anyone know how to go about writing the intent? How formal or informal should it be??
I just responded back to the email. I received a confirmation email after they received my deposit.
Yes, thats just it.
 
First outright rejection of the cycle...i've been getting some love from the DO schools but it still stings a bit 😉.... Good luck to everyone, meharry seems like a great place

just curious, did you get letters of rec from both MD and DO doctors? Congrats on DO schools tho!