You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Oakland University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
interview invite!
Congrats!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection yesterday 🙁
has anyone who was complete the first week of August still not heard anything yet? 🙁 no II, no hold, no rejection.
I was complete mid-July and have had silence since. 😛 Uploading an update letter on my activities on the secondary website soon & hoping that'll prompt a response of some sort...
has anyone who was complete the first week of August still not heard anything yet? 🙁 no II, no hold, no rejection.
Yup.
I was complete in early July and just received an interview invite this week. Be patient!I was complete mid-July and have had silence since. 😛 Uploading an update letter on my activities on the secondary website soon & hoping that'll prompt a response of some sort...
Woops, yes TBL. Thank you for your thorough response, very helpful! Do you know how the TBL exercise will be run on interview day?? Again, thank you!!
The tbl on interview day is just to show you how the process works. Its nothing complicated, I wouldn't worry at all about it.
The tbl on interview day is just to show you how the process works. Its nothing complicated, I wouldn't worry at all about it.
Excellent news. Thank you so much!!
Hi all! I'm a bit late to the game here, but will be submitting my secondary shortly 🙂
For the reference of future SDNer's (or other late ballers like me 😀), I called Admissions to ask about the "Gap" prompt on the secondary. They said the "Gap" prompt on the secondary refers to gaps between finishing undergrad and starting medical school. In my case I went to work after undergrad, so I count as having a "gap."
For good measure, I also asked if the prompt was meant to address continuity gaps within undergrad/grad school, and she said no 😕
Anyways looks to be a pretty nice secondary and awesome school. Hope to get an invite!
For the reference of future SDNer's (or other late ballers like me 😀), I called Admissions to ask about the "Gap" prompt on the secondary. They said the "Gap" prompt on the secondary refers to gaps between finishing undergrad and starting medical school. In my case I went to work after undergrad, so I count as having a "gap."
For good measure, I also asked if the prompt was meant to address continuity gaps within undergrad/grad school, and she said no 😕
Anyways looks to be a pretty nice secondary and awesome school. Hope to get an invite!
For those that did student hosting... how long did it take to hear back? It's been about two weeks so far so I'm wondering if I should just look into other accommodations
It took me a few weeks I heard back like a week before the interview.
It took me a few weeks I heard back like a week before the interview.
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just wait it out since I still have some time before the interview
I was complete mid-July and have had silence since. 😛 Uploading an update letter on my activities on the secondary website soon & hoping that'll prompt a response of some sort...
Spoke too soon...put on hold today. 🙁
Definitely gonna get that update letter on my new job ready & uploaded to Oakland this weekend...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that did student hosting... how long did it take to hear back? It's been about two weeks so far so I'm wondering if I should just look into other accommodations
Medical students are busy, and tend to focus on the week that's in front of them. A lot of people don't want to make a commitment they can't commit to. Be patient!
I got an II today, super excited about this school! Kind of a bummer though since the soonest I could sign up for was Dec 17th
Same here....dec 17 looks far away🙁
Getting ready to board my flight! I will be there for an extra day following the interview, any suggestions on what to do?? I was thinking indoors since there will be thunderstorms. I love hiking so this is a bummer : ( congrats to all that recently got an interview!
There's lots to do in the Detroit metro area depending on your travel flexibility. The Henry Ford Museum (formerly Greenfield Village) is really great, of course there's the DIA (art museum), Science Museum, Somerset Mall (in Troy) ... umm... Casinos if that's your thing..., just about anything depending on what you want!Getting ready to board my flight! I will be there for an extra day following the interview, any suggestions on what to do?? I was thinking indoors since there will be thunderstorms. I love hiking so this is a bummer : ( congrats to all that recently got an interview!
If you want to travel a bit in the opposite direction, heading out to Ann Arbor is always a good time. U of M has some great museums, there's lots of good food, and fun bars if you have an evening to spend there.
However, if you're limited to Rochester, my suggestions are a bit useless since I don't know that specific area so well. 😉
Does anybody have any statistics on this school as to admissions?
"Number of applicants, Number of secondary applications sent, number of interviews/ number accepted" for OOS or IS?
I have seen such stats for a lot of other schools but nothing on Oakland?
Thanks! 🙂
"Number of applicants, Number of secondary applications sent, number of interviews/ number accepted" for OOS or IS?
I have seen such stats for a lot of other schools but nothing on Oakland?
Thanks! 🙂
There's lots to do in the Detroit metro area depending on your travel flexibility. The Henry Ford Museum (formerly Greenfield Village) is really great, of course there's the DIA (art museum), Science Museum, Somerset Mall (in Troy) ... umm... Casinos if that's your thing..., just about anything depending on what you want!
If you want to travel a bit in the opposite direction, heading out to Ann Arbor is always a good time. U of M has some great museums, there's lots of good food, and fun bars if you have an evening to spend there.
However, if you're limited to Rochester, my suggestions are a bit useless since I don't know that specific area so well. 😉
This is exactly what I was looking for! I have a rental car so I am mobile. Thank you for being awesome : )
My pleasure! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure there are lots of other metro-Detroiters/Ann Arborites lurking around, so maybe someone else can also give you an opinion. 🙂This is exactly what I was looking for! I have a rental car so I am mobile. Thank you for being awesome : )
My pleasure! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure there are lots of other metro-Detroiters/Ann Arborites lurking around, so maybe someone else can also give you an opinion. 🙂
Interview was awesome! Super relaxed. Nooooo scary questions : ) Awesome hospital like mall of America for healthcare lol Amazing students, faculty and staff. OUWB you rocked my world!!
II today! Excited. Been complete for a while (end July).
II today! Excited. Been complete for a while (end July).
Rejected today. Complete early August.
Were we supposed to get an email saying that we were complete? The last email I got from them was the Confirmation that i submitted the secondary. When i sign in online it says I'm complete so i just assumed that I was.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! My first one! Seems like only dates in January and February. Good luck all! 
MSAR states:
1116 IS + 2324 OOS Apps
194 IS + 209 OOS Interviewed
40 IS + 33 OOS Matriculated
Yeah, same here. I only got a secondary completed confirmation, never a complete email. You can check your status online.

Does anybody have any statistics on this school as to admissions?
"Number of applicants, Number of secondary applications sent, number of interviews/ number accepted" for OOS or IS?
I have seen such stats for a lot of other schools but nothing on Oakland?
Thanks! 🙂
MSAR states:
1116 IS + 2324 OOS Apps
194 IS + 209 OOS Interviewed
40 IS + 33 OOS Matriculated
Were we supposed to get an email saying that we were complete? The last email I got from them was the Confirmation that i submitted the secondary. When i sign in online it says I'm complete so i just assumed that I was.
Yeah, same here. I only got a secondary completed confirmation, never a complete email. You can check your status online.
Last edited:
Were we supposed to get an email saying that we were complete? The last email I got from them was the Confirmation that i submitted the secondary. When i sign in online it says I'm complete so i just assumed that I was.
No, I didn't get a complete email. I was invited to interview today.
Put on hold today 🙁
Sorry to hear... But remember it only takes one acceptance.
II as well!
OOS/ 3.7 / 31 balanced
Complete late july
OOS/ 3.7 / 31 balanced
Complete late july
Congrats to those who received interviews. I very surprisingly LOVED this school!
Looks like mass rejections went out today. Myself and a friend were both given the hatchet this morning.
Just got my II this morning so excited! Complete 8/26
Congrats! I was complete the same day... hoping to have the same luck, even though the process is super random. =]
For those rejected, have you set up an advising session?
Congrats! I was complete the same day... hoping to have the same luck, even though the process is super random. =]
Thanks!
Yea, it's definitely random and I also have an avg MCAT. I know some admissions look at apps by school so maybe they've gone through the D's for my college lol.
Thanks!
Yea, it's definitely random and I also have an avg MCAT. I know some admissions look at apps by school so maybe they've gone through the D's for my college lol.
Oh that's reassuring! My MCAT is the weakest part of my application... I'd be golden if I got what I was averaging in practice. >> I feel like if a school would just give me a darn interview, I'd be able to demonstrate that I'd be a great fit for medicine haha.
X
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Oakland will be calling those who are accepted on Oct. 15th this year, or on Oct. 16th like last year?
Their twitter feed says the 16th.
Offers of admission start Oct 16. Interviewees prior to Sept 27 in the pool. Maybe some offers from Sept 27 & Oct 4 interviews.Their twitter feed says the 16th.
Good luck, everyone! I would love to go to this school
I was just popping in to see how things were going. Good luck today, everyone hoping for good news! 😀
I second that, Good Luck!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K