Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep!Anybody else on the wait list get the financial information email?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yep!Anybody else on the wait list get the financial information email?

Currently hoping that half of the accepted peeps have been lucky enough to get into top 10 schools!
Thanks! That's interesting. So if there's no internal ranking, how do they make recommendations for AOA?true pass/fail yes. Unless they're changing things, tuition freeze nope. that would be super nice though.
Have any accepted students gotten any communication about sending in a deposit?
Thanks! That's interesting. So if there's no internal ranking, how do they make recommendations for AOA?
Thanks! That's interesting. So if there's no internal ranking, how do they make recommendations for AOA?
Once again, thanks! Anyone else going to the second look this weekend? I couldn't find anything on the invitation about dress code, but I assume business casual is all right?
Does anyone know when financial aid packages will come out?
Heading back home now after second look and feeling pretty confused. I loved it here on interview day but today gave me a really weird negative feeling. Did anyone else who went today get a weird vibe? I'm wondering if it's just me since it seemed like most people I talked to were pretty set on coming to BU after today. Dean Witzburg did say at the end of the day to trust our gut feeling, though. And unfortunately my gut was telling me this isn't the school for me. Will probably sadly end up withdrawing soon, and I say sadly because BU really does seem like a great school and BMC would be a wonderful place to train. Oh well, what can you do? :/
I don't have actual numbers, but based on how the cycle has gone so far at least on SDN, it seems like most that have been accepted have withdrawn and that most have been waitlisted. Either there is going to be a lot of WL movement or SDN has not been a fair representation of the applicants as a whole. Any expectations on WL movement?
I don't think there is a best time, for me I am going to send an update when my grades from final semester are in and that will not be until May 10thish.i really hope this is the case!
does anyone know when the best time to send a letter is? should WL people be waiting until after the 30th or is before better? is the committee even meeting regularly before the 30th? thanks 🙂
Come on BUSM show us some love!!!!
has anyone gotten their final financial aid award?
also, does anyone know how they decide on merit scholarshipst?
has anyone gotten their final financial aid award?
has anyone heard about when we will be hearing![]()
School had said most movement occurs from june1-july31. So around june
Because I'm a master time-waster... I went through the last three Application threads and found all (if im not mistaken) of the reported acceptances off the Waitlist...
13-14: 6/29/14 A from MD WL
12-13: Heresay report on 5/22/15 (friend A from MD WL); 5/23/13 A from MD/PhD WL; 5/30/13 A from MD WL; 6/14/13 A from MD WL; 6/26/13 A from MD WL;
11-12: No reported acceptances from the WL
So... during 2013, quite a few peeps were accepted right after the 5/15/ deadline. Interesting. I wonder how this year is going to look... maybe theres an every other year WL movement trend? Lets hope so!
To any current students, if you're taking out loans, does the estimated CoA on the BUSM website cover living expenses sufficiently well, or is it likely I'll have to take out more to cover rent, food, etc.? Total personal living expenses for M1, outside of tuition, fees, and books, is about 16000, about 21-23000 for M3 and M4.
Hi all, looks like WL speculations were incorrect...got the acceptance call from Dr. Witzburg late this morning 🙂. From the sounds of it, the class is just about at capacity, but once other universities start making WL calls that could all change. Good luck everyone!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.