2014-2015 Central Michigan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I have an interview on the 16th of January, the morning session. I'll be at central the day before so if anyone(s) would like to grab some dinner let me know!
 
Which, now that I think of it, isn't actually good news considering it is January already - my brain is still in December - and their interview season is almost over. If anyone does get a II this late in the game will you please share with the rest of us to give us some hope?
 
Which, now that I think of it, isn't actually good news considering it is January already - my brain is still in December - and their interview season is almost over. If anyone does get a II this late in the game will you please share with the rest of us to give us some hope?
I interviewed in Jan of last year, which will be earlier than you will be able to get an interview. Waked in, interviewed, and they told us outright that the acceptance quota was pretty much filled. My application was put on hold, and then rejected sometime in the summer.You'll be fighting for the waitlist if you get an interview.
 
Rejected pre-interview. I'm not the strongest candidate but I thought I had a chance here. Non-traditional, undergrad gpa 3.47, grad 3.67, 29 MCAT, PhD in Molecular Pharmacology, 8 published papers, unique volunteering 200+ hrs, great EC and LORs. In state. Expressed strong interested in a primary care speciality.

+1. Just rejected pre-interview as well. Thought I had a decent chance here so I'm a little shocked. Non-trad. 28 MCAT. 3.5 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA with high upward trend the last 2 years of college. 5+ years of research, worked two jobs in undergrad, 100+ volunteer hours, had several random ECs and emphasized primary care interest as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in Jan of last year, which will be earlier than you will be able to get an interview. Waked in, interviewed, and they told us outright that the acceptance quota was pretty much filled. My application was put on hold, and then rejected sometime in the summer.You'll be fighting for the waitlist if you get an interview.

Does anyone come off of the hold list? Or should I take it as a polite rejection?
 
Did your packet say the date? My packet didn't include a date...but April 9 sounds like a good approximation.
Yes, there were 4 pieces of paper in the packet and a Financial Aid Brochure. One of the papers had the "2015 Admissions Timeline" on it....which included second look day (April 9th) and other things like CMED Scholarship Application Deadline (March 16th) etc.
 
bpperry said:
Going to be removing myself from the waitlist. Good luck everyone 🙂
I hope you got in elsewhere! How long after they told you the Admissions committee is meeting up did you hear back from the school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is the orientation/when do classes begin? I am on the waitlist and curious in case I am accepted (fingers crossed)
 
There's no ranking per se, but there is a priority waitlist. Apparently, this is like a guaranteed acceptance from what I've heard. The rest on the waitlist have no order but they will be evaluated based off of submitted materials. These are just things that I have heard from various people.

Anyone have any idea about waitlist movement in numbers from last year/when it will start this year?
 
Did anyone get the directions/address of the ii for this friday 2/13 yet? My ii date was confirmed on their portal and that they would send an email but I still have not got it yet. I am guessing I will call them tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
 
Did anyone get the directions/address of the ii for this friday 2/13 yet? My ii date was confirmed on their portal and that they would send an email but I still have not got it yet. I am guessing I will call them tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
I haven't gotten the informational email either. But I'm confirmed too. I'll let you know when I get mine!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get the directions/address of the ii for this friday 2/13 yet? My ii date was confirmed on their portal and that they would send an email but I still have not got it yet. I am guessing I will call them tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
I just got the confirmation email! Hope you did too.
 
Anybody know how late this school send interviews??????? Maybe they just silent reject??

I have no idea, I submitted my secondary back in mid-August and still haven't heard jack. I called them, said the last interview is to be held on Feb 20th. So I asked if I should assume that I'm rejected, she said "if you still haven't heard from us, then that's good news". I'm not sure how 10 days before the final interview date with no II indicates good news. I'm Canadian maybe that is why they're taking forever, jeez USMD schools are allergic to Canadians, like we're labelled with "handle with caution".
 
I have no idea, I submitted my secondary back in mid-August and still haven't heard jack. I called them, said the last interview is to be held on Feb 20th. So I asked if I should assume that I'm rejected, she said "if you still haven't heard from us, then that's good news". I'm not sure how 10 days before the final interview date with no II indicates good news. I'm Canadian maybe that is why they're taking forever, jeez USMD schools are allergic to Canadians, like we're labelled with "handle with caution".

I just got an ii this past Friday (2/6), and they had dates for this (2/13) and next Friday (2/20). So it is still possible to get an email from them a week before.
 
I have no idea, I submitted my secondary back in mid-August and still haven't heard jack. I called them, said the last interview is to be held on Feb 20th. So I asked if I should assume that I'm rejected, she said "if you still haven't heard from us, then that's good news". I'm not sure how 10 days before the final interview date with no II indicates good news. I'm Canadian maybe that is why they're taking forever, jeez USMD schools are allergic to Canadians, like we're labelled with "handle with caution".

So this means that large % of people still waiting to hear back will get interview for last date? Can't be? or can it?