-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted643377
Geez what if they meant mailing (by post) the acceptance packages?maybe acceptances will be "mailed this afternoon" and WL/Rejections will be sent by March 1?
To quote from the NYU thread,Wait.........I called like 20 mins ago, and the lady on the phone said that "You'll hear something by March 1st."
I dont even know what to think anymore
THEY GOT ME AGAIN!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
early Septemberwhen did you interview?
I know a Duke alum who was only interviewed here. Like you, Duke saw potential in him that all the other schools missed. He went on to have a prolific research career and became a department chair at one of the top hospitals in the world. I really hope that things break your way here at Duke.If it makes any of you guys feel better, Duke was the only school that offered me an interview. My mind is racing through the reapplication process...
Wait.........I called like 20 mins ago, and the lady on the phone said that "You'll hear something by March 1st."
I dont even know what to think anymore
Duke's such a tease.
Definitely superstalker 🙂seems like there are a lot of Stanford cross-admits though, or at least Stanford IIs among accepted posters.
#SuperStalking
Two people who only have one post each called to let us know this? I smell trolls. Boo...
Got the call Monday night. Hadn't been expecting anything until Friday so I was terrified it was an unannounced phone interview to help them decide (my friend was ambushed in this way recently). First acceptance so I can put away the thoughts of becoming a pirate if I didn't get in anywhere.
D
deleted643377
...would you care to elaborate por favor?Got the call Monday night. Hadn't been expecting anything until Friday so I was terrified it was an unannounced phone interview to help them decide (my friend was ambushed in this way recently). First acceptance so I can put away the thoughts of becoming a pirate if I didn't get in anywhere.
Edit: nvm. reread your post. got it now. congrats
Seeing all the commotion on here made me nervous about when and how decisions are coming out, I called and thought I would be nice and share what I was told.Two people who only have one post each called to let us know this? I smell trolls. Boo... View attachment 189658
Waitlister at Stanford objects!!! 😛It's high 60's/low 70's in the Bay Area today (it was warm enough to tan on the roof of our apartment this past weekend) all you who are admitted to Stanford and Duke should definitely choose Stanford over Duke and free up some spots for the rest of us 😉 #bribery
For the record I just tried calling and got their voicemail. I'm at work but I'll call again in a bit if we haven't received emails.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's definitely possible! But the MS1 poster on the previous page said that for his class the initial acceptances were given to some by phone and some by email with the majority being the latter. I still have some hope, however little it may be.If I had to guess, I'd say that all acceptances are via phone call 🙁
GO YOU!For the record I just tried calling and got their voicemail. I'm at work but I'll call again in a bit if we haven't received emails.
I won't lie and say I wasn't a bit nervous calling haha, but I think it's worth it at this point. FYI I'm busy now until about 4, I'll call again then if no word.GO YOU!
Called, got voicemail because apparently they close at 4:30! Oh well. The wait continues
One at leastHave there been any verified phone calls today?
Hi guys - I called the office today and asked when we could expect to hear about decisions and the woman told me that they would be "mailed" out this afternoon. I don't know if she actually meant mail or if she meant email.
:troll:
:troll:
No they said mail to lots of people!
Ugh, I was going to call now (just did anyway) but didn't realize that they closed at 3:30 my time.Called, got voicemail because apparently they close at 4:30! Oh well. The wait continues
Leaving us the weekend to mourn. I like it.There's a snowday tomorrow, so it might end up being a wait til Friday kind of deal.
D
deleted643377
Another night, another possibility of a phone call. But as the sun sets and my phone doesn't ring...
Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.
Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.
Accepted around 3 pm today 🙂 So, so excited! Will be matriculating!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! Were you accepted via phone, email, or portal?Accepted around 3 pm today 🙂 So, so excited! Will be matriculating!
Congratulations! 3pm EST?Accepted around 3 pm today 🙂 So, so excited! Will be matriculating!
I think there were some later ones as well (January).I feel like everyone who has been accepted interviewed pretty early, no?
In all honesty, I think it would be safe to assume that, at this point, a majority of initial acceptances have been made.
The more realistic fate is waitlist/rejection from now onwards for most of the rest (but wasn't that the most realistic fate when we all thought about applying here anyway?).
The more realistic fate is waitlist/rejection from now onwards for most of the rest (but wasn't that the most realistic fate when we all thought about applying here anyway?).
Waiting is terrible!
I really wish they had sent everything all at once...
I really wish they had sent everything all at once...I just want to say that I have been following this thread since the penguins first arrived, and because of the insanity the last few days I have finally given in to the superstition and become a penguin. You win, internet.
I just want to say that I have been following this thread since the penguins first arrived, and because of the insanity the last few days I have finally given in to the superstition and become a penguin. You win, internet.
I have been debating the same thing all day!!!
We could get a lot of calls tomorrow since people aren't working and they can call from home
If they had more calls to make, they would have made them today or would be now.
I caved yesterday >_<I just want to say that I have been following this thread since the penguins first arrived, and because of the insanity the last few days I have finally given in to the superstition and become a penguin. You win, internet.
That's an appealing assumption, but there isn't actually any reason to believe it. The same argument could have been made yesterday or even Monday.If they had more calls to make, they would have made them today or would be now.
Unfortunately, all committee members have forgotten their lists of acceptees on their desks, and will be unable to utilize their free time to make calls.We could get a lot of calls tomorrow since people aren't working and they can call from home
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's an appealing assumption, but there isn't actually any reason to believe it. The same argument could have been made yesterday or even Monday.
But they were calling Monday and Tuesday and they aren't now...
Why do you think so? We've had one person report a call today and SDN is not a pulse on every Duke adcom member that could be calling.But they were calling Monday and Tuesday and they aren't now...
I think there's still reason to hope. Dean Armstrong said to my group that they were planning to start offering acceptances on the 23rd and finish by the following Monday... so I wouldn't give up hope just yet, at least that's what I keep telling myself...
Also time to remind ourselves what we have been told from multiple sources: if you interviewed at Duke you will become a doctor somewhere. Even if that means reapply with a wider mix next year.
I beleive that. I am confident we will all make it if we do not quite.
We walked this path to be doctors, that is our main thing. I am trying to keep the main thing the main thing. Simple but not easy right now.
I beleive that. I am confident we will all make it if we do not quite.
We walked this path to be doctors, that is our main thing. I am trying to keep the main thing the main thing. Simple but not easy right now.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K