You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 East Tennessee State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just received the supplemental application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I was there! They did a really great job selling the program and the campus. Sucks Doug shot that OOS guy down.
Yeah that made me really sad for him beautiful campus though and I love Johnson cityHey I was there! They did a really great job selling the program and the campus. Sucks Doug shot that OOS guy down.
Yeah, I'm hoping to get an interview invite soon
I've heard that secondaries often request a passport picture, so did anyone else send one in with the supplemental app? I didn't see a place to submit it.
I didn't include a pictureI've heard that secondaries often request a passport picture, so did anyone else send one in with the supplemental app? I didn't see a place to submit it.
II invite! September 4th
That's awesome! Do you care to share your stats?II invite! September 4th
Interview! Got it today for September 1st🙂
I bumped it to the 23rd because that's Sept 1st is the first day of classes at BYU, and I'll have just left for school 3 days prior. Plus there is the whole issue of two flights in 5 days to the same locations and back since I'm IS.
31 MCAT, 3.8 GPA and 3.8 science. I'm also half Middle Eastern if that counts towards stats for you guys.
I bumped it to the 23rd because that's Sept 1st is the first day of classes at BYU, and I'll have just left for school 3 days prior. Plus there is the whole issue of two flights in 5 days to the same locations and back since I'm IS.
31 MCAT, 3.8 GPA and 3.8 science. I'm also half Middle Eastern if that counts towards stats for you guys.
Are you EDP?Interview! Got it today for September 1st🙂
I bumped it to the 23rd because that's Sept 1st is the first day of classes at BYU, and I'll have just left for school 3 days prior. Plus there is the whole issue of two flights in 5 days to the same locations and back since I'm IS.
31 MCAT, 3.8 GPA and 3.8 science. I'm also half Middle Eastern if that counts towards stats for you guys.
I am not EDP. Just regular DP.
First interview group today. It really was as lax and casual as they say.
What kind of questions did they ask in the interviewFirst interview group today. It really was as lax and casual as they say.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know if ETSU looks favorably upon reapplicants who were wait listed last cycle?
Any more interviews?
Ah, guess I'd pop a note in here: Got my notice that they'd received my primary application this morning. A bit early for anything yet, and as you might expect I'm still waiting on my committee to finish up their letter and get it uploaded.
This is a re-application cycle for me, as well (I was on the alternates/waitlist). Improved my GPA since last I saw them and published a medical interest piece as a lay person in the meanwhile and kept on with my volunteering, shadowing, and lab TA work.
This is a re-application cycle for me, as well (I was on the alternates/waitlist). Improved my GPA since last I saw them and published a medical interest piece as a lay person in the meanwhile and kept on with my volunteering, shadowing, and lab TA work.
II for Sep 25th!
IS, 34, 3.5
IS, 34, 3.5
II for Sep 25th!
IS, 34, 3.5
II for the 25th too! I'll see you there!
they just wanted to know about myself and that dictated where the conversation went. hope that helps!What kind of questions did they ask in the interview
See you there, too 🙂))II for the 25th too! I'll see you there!
Just got my interview! Which is awesome because I totally bombed my April MCAT and retook it late August. They haven't seen my new score yet. Must have been my multiple noble peace prizes that did it...
Nice! I got an email yesterday about an active hold so let's hope that turns into something more.
That's what mine was when I submitted it in July.
I sent my "Hey I got the secondary, thanks!" email this afternoon. *crosses fingers*
Congrats, MajorBubblez! When was your secondary marked complete? Trying to gauge what the proper amount of wait-time is and when I should go from pretending not to sweat it to being openly concerned...Just got my interview! Which is awesome because I totally bombed my April MCAT and retook it late August. They haven't seen my new score yet. Must have been my multiple noble peace prizes that did it...
Anybody else want to chime in on their II timelines?
And from what I've gleaned on this thread, it seems like they only send out the invites on Wednesdays. Is that holding true for everyone else?
Congrats, MajorBubblez! When was your secondary marked complete? Trying to gauge what the proper amount of wait-time is and when I should go from pretending not to sweat it to being openly concerned...
Anybody else want to chime in on their II timelines?
And from what I've gleaned on this thread, it seems like they only send out the invites on Wednesdays. Is that holding true for everyone else?
Submitted secondary July 17, Secondary completed email July 29, interview invite August 25th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted the primary June 26th, the secondary on August 20th, just now got the interview. There was a lot of waiting between each step haha.Congrats, MajorBubblez! When was your secondary marked complete? Trying to gauge what the proper amount of wait-time is and when I should go from pretending not to sweat it to being openly concerned...
Anybody else want to chime in on their II timelines?
And from what I've gleaned on this thread, it seems like they only send out the invites on Wednesdays. Is that holding true for everyone else?
edit: I think the secondary was marked complete a day later on August 21st.
Does anyone who's already been to an II have suggestions on where to stay or anything?
They have some on campus housing for 30 dollarsDoes anyone who's already been to an II have suggestions on where to stay or anything?
+1 I have II from here for Oct.So once you get to the interview stage, do your statistics not matter?
One of my top choices! Are there any current students that could highlight some of the pros/cons here? Thanks!
I'm a medical student here. I've interviewed at other places when I applied, but the environment at Quillen is different. The school stresses "Quillen family". If you are a "gunner" in the sense of a highly competitive individual who excels at the cost of other students, then you do not belong here. We do our best to make sure our entire class succeeds. Working with your classmates makes medical school less stressful, and you will actually end up making the most out of your education.
A tip for those applying: if you made it to an interview, then the admissions committee is obviously interested in you. Be sincere at the interview and be yourself. The interviewers are very experienced and can read you well.
Anyone interviewing on the 2nd?
Cant wait for 22nd. Its my top choice too. How was the interview?Interviewed here today! QCOM is a special place. Top choice for sure!
You have two one-hour interviews with an MD, PhD, M2/M3, or a community member. Your interviewers don't know your grades or MCAT, but they do have access to your personal statement, AMCAS activities section, and secondary essay. I got grilled pretty hard by one of my interviewers about my personal statement, but there were no strange or gotcha-type questions asked. I felt decent coming out of the interview, but it could realistically go any way for me (accept/reject/wait list). The committee will meet on the 20th to discuss my group, so I'm going to be a nervous wreck until then.Cant wait for 22nd. Its my top choice too. How was the interview?
I definitely agree, what an amazing school! I love the area too so it's a win-win if I'm lucky enough to be accepted! Here's to hoping both of us hear good news in a few weeks!Interviewed here today! QCOM is a special place. Top choice for sure!
who were your tour guides? The committee decided on our group September 22nd and we can find out October 15th...
Thanks!You have two one-hour interviews with an MD, PhD, M2/M3, or a community member. Your interviewers don't know your grades or MCAT, but they do have access to your personal statement, AMCAS activities section, and secondary essay. I got grilled pretty hard by one of my interviewers about my personal statement, but there were no strange or gotcha-type questions asked. I felt decent coming out of the interview, but it could realistically go any way for me (accept/reject/wait list). The committee will meet on the 20th to discuss my group, so I'm going to be a nervous wreck until then.
I submitted my secondary late August and received the "application complete" email on August 20th, but I'm still waiting to hear about an interview. Should I be worried? I haven't received a rejection letter....
my workstudy boss is on the admissions committee and everything. So I would like to think I have a good chance. Super nervous over here. :-S
my workstudy boss is on the admissions committee and everything. So I would like to think I have a good chance. Super nervous over here. :-S
I'm a reapplicant, but I stayed at the Carnegie Hotel last year. It was a really nice, relaxing place and very close to Quillen (I think like 2 minutes). There's a restaurant attached too where I ate before the interview so it's a great choiceDoes anyone who's already been to an II have suggestions on where to stay or anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary late August and received the "application complete" email on August 20th, but I'm still waiting to hear about an interview. Should I be worried? I haven't received a rejection letter....
my workstudy boss is on the admissions committee and everything. So I would like to think I have a good chance. Super nervous over here. :-S
I wouldn't be worried. The next batch of interviews probably won't come out til mid October because interviews were this week and will pick up again October 22.
Interview Invite today (9 October)! Woohoo!
Secondary email was received on 27 August.
Interview date is 19 November.
Can't wait!!!
Secondary email was received on 27 August.
Interview date is 19 November.
Can't wait!!!
Yay! Finally got my interview invite yesterday (Oct 9th) for October 30th! I'm so excited!! And nervous!
Congratulations!! Can I ask what your stats are?Yay! Finally got my interview invite yesterday (Oct 9th) for October 30th! I'm so excited!! And nervous!
Congratulations!! Can I ask what your stats are?
Of course!! ETSU graduate, research exp and lots of EC's, 3.9 GPA and 3.5 BCPM. 26 MCAT. (9 BS, 7 ps, 10verbal I think. Off the top of my head haha.)