2014-2015 Florida Atlantic University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now, really weird considering it's labor day
~3.7/31-34
Only date available was 10/10, so that's when I'll be attending

Secondary Submitted - 08/01
Review in Progress - 08/15
Preliminary Review Complete - 08/18
II - 09/01


I'm 10/10 too! 🙂
 
I would like to note that as a non traditional you need to get special permission to use non faculty LoR or professional letters, I spoke to admissions/The Dean and they were not gonna let me use my professional LoR's until they found out I was a nurse (I.e. they wanted letters with direct application to medicine and they were fine with mine for that reason, but stated that if I was an accountant my references wouldn't have been okay and I would have had to try and hunt down old faculty. Fyi for you other non trad out there.
Wow, that's lame. LoR are LoR...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! Are the dates shown the only ones available, or do they open up more dates later? There are only 3 right now, but I'm hoping ones the next week might open up.....
 
How long between "Review in Progress" and II, usually?
I'm anxious!
Has anybody been outright denied? Or do you just get stuck in the Review in Progress black hole indefinitely?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondary Completed: 09/16
Interview Invite: 10/06 (for the 10/10 date)

I did not have all of my letters in when I got the interview invite so I'm not sure about the Application Complete email.

cGPA: 4.0 sGPA: 4.0 MCAT: 34
In State, Decent ECs, 3 years research experience w/awards, ~50 shadowing hours.
 
Secondary Completed: 09/16
Interview Invite: 10/06 (for the 10/10 date)

I did not have all of my letters in when I got the interview invite so I'm not sure about the Application Complete email.

cGPA: 4.0 sGPA: 4.0 MCAT: 34
In State, Decent ECs, 3 years research experience w/awards, ~50 shadowing hours.
I would be shocked if this was your only interview, but congrats man! GL on sorting through all the acceptances, lol!
 
My secondary was posted on 8/21...GPA is 3.9, Science GPA 3.9, MCAT 30, Under-represented Minority, weak EC, decent LOR, no research experience, FAU ties....crossing my fingers.
 
Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted!! Have any of you received the acceptance email following the call yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got on the alternate list. Interviewed 10/6.
Edit: 3.8 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 33 MCAT, in-state
 
Last edited:
Alternate list as well this afternoon at around 3PM.

OOS from NY, 38 MCAT, 3.98 GPA.

Not really sure what to make of it...I really liked FAU
 
I should hear back tomorrow they said! The committee meeting is tonight! Its so weird knowing exactly when they are deciding our fates! But I'd much rather know than not know...
 
Accepted via email, 10/22/14, ~6pm. Good luck to everyone!

Stats previously posted in thread:
Secondary Completed: 09/16
Interview Invite: 10/06 (for the 10/10 date)

cGPA: 4.0 sGPA: 4.0 MCAT: 34
In State, Decent ECs, 3 years research experience w/awards, ~50 shadowing hours.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no II, but I was complete very late (early September). I'm nervous! This is such a great school, and I'm getting anxious. Anybody know what day of the week they usually call for IIs? This way I can limit my anxiety to one day per week at least, amiright? 😉
 
Last edited: