You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Florida Atlantic University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted today!
Were you on the accepted waitlist?
Were you on the accepted waitlist?
No, It just said "alternate" on my portal...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm pretty sure I will be going here and now am scrambling to figure out where to live / get there from across the country!
My general understanding is that Boca is split up between 'East Boca' and 'West Boca.' Any reason to live in either one? Is it all undergrads close to FAU?
If anyone currently resides in Boca...please message/PM me!
My general understanding is that Boca is split up between 'East Boca' and 'West Boca.' Any reason to live in either one? Is it all undergrads close to FAU?
If anyone currently resides in Boca...please message/PM me!
So I'm pretty sure I will be going here and now am scrambling to figure out where to live / get there from across the country!
My general understanding is that Boca is split up between 'East Boca' and 'West Boca.' Any reason to live in either one? Is it all undergrads close to FAU?
If anyone currently resides in Boca...please message/PM me!
Although I don't go to FAU med, I am from Boca so I guess I can answer this. There's really no actual "split" between East and West Boca, it's just a geographical distinction. I don't think there's a reason to live in one vs the other, except that FAU is located pretty far East, and it would probably be more convenient for you to live somewhere close. Traffic isn't too bad in Boca, but you still won't want to be spending 20 minutes driving to class every day. Also, it's hard to say if it's "all undergrads" close to FAU, because Boca is big and FAU is not, so it's unlikely to find a concentration of undergrads anywhere. I feel that most students who go to FAU are local and tend to live at home with their parents or in the on-campus housing. I'm sure you could find a good amount of students residing in any apartment complexes around FAU, but again, nothing like you would see in a major college town. So basically my recommendation is to just live anywhere close to school because all other factors are basically the same wherever you go.
link to the 2019 Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1424043294562822/
Any other wait listers hoping for some movement here?
Accepted Wait List here and still no news.
Any other wait listers hoping for some movement here?
Also waitlisted. I called today. Agnes said that there has already been quite a bit of waitlist movement, and that the class is full as of right now (64ppl). But, they still expect to see more movement sometime again.
I'm on the regular alternate list and haven't received any news, either.
Does anyone think there will be anymore movement on the waitlist?
The fact sheet that we received on interview day shows 268 accepted out of 322 who interviewed last cycle. So we can't lose hope yet!
Accepted yesterday around 4pm! I'm sure there will be more movement, so don't lose hope!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the phone number they call you from for your acceptance?
I have a missed Florida call.
It would be a 561 area code. Don't know what the number is though
What is the phone number they call you from for your acceptance?
I have a missed Florida call.
They typically leave a voicemail and/or send you an email if you miss the acceptance call.
FAU is now fully accredited!
http://www.fau.edu/explore/homepage-stories/2015_06comaccreditation.php
http://www.fau.edu/explore/homepage-stories/2015_06comaccreditation.php
FAU is now fully accredited!
http://www.fau.edu/explore/homepage-stories/2015_06comaccreditation.php
Oh cool does that mean I'll get in off the wait list?
I'll be applying to FAU this cycle and was wondering if anybody had any experience having the English requirement waived if they had AP credit for it. I know the website says additional courses are required but are they strict about making accepted students take the classes before matriculation?
I'll be applying to FAU this cycle and was wondering if anybody had any experience having the English requirement waived if they had AP credit for it. I know the website says additional courses are required but are they strict about making accepted students take the classes before matriculation?
I made it to the waitlist last year with only AP and IB credit for English. They didn't say anything about me needing to take any additional classes to matriculate.