2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

applying here too! @lovereading , it looks like we have super similar school lists.... what are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

i love DC and really like this program! even though GW gets tons of applications, I hope they take a chance on me!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
applying here too! @lovereading , it looks like we have super similar school lists.... what are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

i love DC and really like this program! even though GW gets tons of applications, I hope they take a chance on me!
+2
Applying as OOS!

Once your AMCAS app has been verified and sent to GWU you can access secondary here:
https://portal.smhs.gwu.edu/AdmissionsOfficeWeb/

(i havent had verification yet, but I found the link so figured I'd help out those who already have verification). Please send essay questions to the rest of us who are waiting to be verified :)

Once your AMCAS app has been verified and sent to GWU you can access secondary here:
https://portal.smhs.gwu.edu/AdmissionsOfficeWeb/

(i havent had verification yet, but I found the link so figured I'd help out those who already have verification). Please send essay questions to the rest of us who are waiting to be verified :)

It says "For Applicants of the 2013-14 Year" at the top :/ Thanks though!!

haha oh good call, didn't read the top!

hey guys it says 2014-2015 now on the top... but i can't login =( i don't know what's wrong. my primary was verified already. do we have to wait until aamc sends our info to med schools before we can access secondary?

hey guys it says 2014-2015 now on the top... but i can't login =( i don't know what's wrong. my primary was verified already. do we have to wait until aamc sends our info to med schools before we can access secondary?

We have to wait until AAMC sends our info to GW. But with GW they might notify you that you can do the secondary even if you aren't verified.

GWU will email you with login instructions after 27 June. Mine came last year on 28 June, but that's a Saturday this year so you may have to wait until 30 June for the email. Either way, you'll know when to get started :)

Are we allowed to be in more than one track program? Or are we only allowed to take one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we allowed to be in more than one track program? Or are we only allowed to take one?
You can't be in more than one. You do have time to sit in on track lectures for more than one program to help you decide, but ultimately you have to pick one.

yo @talinnlove do u think for the 1st question we can answer it in the form of a list or paragraph, i haven't received the secondary yet, but I'm prewriting.

yo @talinnlove do u think for the 1st question we can answer it in the form of a list or paragraph, i haven't received the secondary yet, but I'm prewriting.
This is n=1, but I opted for paragraph format since this is technically formal writing. That said, it's a small amount of space, so don't worry about writing an introduction sentence or anything.

The track program is so cool! Applying here OOS

The track program looks great! Applying as a Canadian.

Applying! Just got e-mail for secondary.

Just got an email for secondary! Except my primary hasn't even been verified yet... did this happen to anyone else?

I also got an email for a secondary at GW, but my application hasn't been verified yet.

Is anyone else getting "payment declined" when trying to pay for the secondary? I've tried like 3 CCs. lmao gotta love my reading comprehension i put the credit carder number as my amcas account number

Last edited:
This question: "Please provide the Admissions Committee with a brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week) for the 2014-2015 application cycle, or from the point of application through matriculation in 2015. (750 characters)"

Does "academics" account for being a student? Should I seriously mention that I spend over 40 hours a week on school work?

Received Secondary but my app has not been verified yet. Starting to write essays now :)

Just got my secondary and submitted it! :) Gotta love schools that don't change their prompts.

Got mine too. It's interesting to get this on a Saturday night. I think they're testing us….

does this school send secondaries to everyone?

I'm going to be so happy the first time I'm screened in...........

Also received secondary an hour ago :) Good luck everyone!

Just got the secondary... Guess I will spend my Saturday night doing this one.

Submitted a while ago... I find it quite interesting that this was sent out on a saturday evening. Anyways, thankfully I was in front of my computer (i.e., on SDN) so I could submit it. Where did my life go, lol?

Is anyone else curious why we're received secondaries without being reviewed by AMCAS?

I thought that one went before the other?

Is anyone else curious why we're received secondaries without being reviewed by AMCAS?

Probably because if you're willing to cough up the $125 to give to their school, they really don't care what's on your app yet.

submitted! :)

Yeah, I don't think GW screens your primary before sending the secondary...

Probably because if you're willing to cough up the $125 to give to their school, they really don't care what's on your app yet.

I agree. I'm strongly considering not completing and submitting this secondary and fee.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I know you're supposed to submit secondaries within a week. But in this case, it won't be considered late if we don't submit today and just wait until we're verified, right?

Well, I know you're supposed to submit secondaries within a week. But in this case, it won't be considered late if we don't submit today and just wait until we're verified, right?

Might as well get on it now while you probably don't have too many on your plate.

Can someone please post the essay prompts/character limits for the secondary? I'm sure everyone would appreciate it! Thank you in advance