You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm not sure about Georgetown specifically, but many schools have a closet or something where students can leave their bags. Alternatively, the hotel may have a place to store your bags after checking out.But wouldn't you have to check out by the morning? Where would you leave your things to go to the interview? Unless you stay 2 days at the hotel?
But wouldn't you have to check out by the morning? Where would you leave your things to go to the interview? Unless you stay 2 days at the hotel?
They have a place for bags in the room you meet in for the morning that they lock all day. Alternatively like every hotel will let you check your bags behind the desk during the day and pick them up before you leave.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the discount they gave you?Just a heads up. I stayed at the Georgetown university hotel. It was supper close and a VERY easy walk to the medical school. Definitely made my stay a breeze. Also, I told them I was interviewing and got a discount.
they will hold your luggage in a locked room at the hotel or the med school will also put it in a locked room too.But wouldn't you have to check out by the morning? Where would you leave your things to go to the interview? Unless you stay 2 days at the hotel?
Thanks everyone for the help! If anyone has the same interview date as me and want to maybe share a room, let me know!
LOL. I haven't heard back yet but that made me laugh really hard for some reason. I'm losing itedit: my colon and the d after it became a really weird face. hmmmm
LOL. I haven't heard back yet but that made me laugh really hard for some reason. I'm losing it
Oh me too, my friend haha. The waiting game makes us all a little crazy. I think the particular emoticon my letters turned into says a lot haha.
not yet... hopefully soon! ah
....
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.. You have amazing stats!! May I ask when you were complete?Rejected today...MCAT40; GPA3.97; 2yr research; 500+ hr volunteer.... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
August 25
not yet... hopefully soon! ah
I love your username. Catullus is a winner.
I love your username. Catullus is a winner.
bahaha, I'm glad someone gets the reference! 😉
Did anyone here go by Megabus or Greyhound bus from NYC to DC? I need help as to how to get from the bus stop to the campus! 😳
Did anyone here go by Megabus or Greyhound bus from NYC to DC? I need help as to how to get from the bus stop to the campus! 😳
Easiest way would really be to just take a cab or uber. Public transportation is possible, but will be a bit more difficult. If it's one of those buses that ends up in Chinatown, then you will be really close to a big Metro stop (Gallery Place/Chinatown). From here, you can take the Metro to the Rosslyn stop in Virginia. About a block away is a GUTS bus stop. GUTS is a free bus service by Georgetown that runs shuttles on a regular schedule. Taking the GUTS bus will take you straight to the campus. For someone not familiar with DC and already having to worry about an interview, I would personally just take a cab/uber! Hope this helps.
Last edited:
Thanks so much! 🙂 I think the bus stop will be at Union Station. And since I'll arrive the day before my interview, I'm hoping to save money and take public transportation. If all else fails, then I guess that's when I'd have to take a cab/uber.Easiest way would really be to just take a cab or uber. Public transportation is possible, but will be a bit more difficult. If it's one of those buses that ends up in Chinatown (very likely), then you will be really close to a big Metro stop (Gallery Place/Chinatown). From here, you can take the Metro to the Rosslyn stop in Virginia. About a block away is a GUTS bus stop. GUTS is a free bus service by Georgetown that runs shuttles on a regular schedule. Taking the GUTS bus will take you straight to the campus. For someone not familiar with DC and already having to worry about an interview, I would personally just take a cab/uber! Hope this helps.
Take un
Take Union station to dupont on the red line, then take GUTS bus to campus.Thanks so much! 🙂 I think the bus stop will be at Union Station. And since I'll arrive the day before my interview, I'm hoping to save money and take public transportation. If all else fails, then I guess that's when I'd have to take a cab/uber.
Is it pretty late for me to send in my secondary now?
30/3.9+
Great Research, LOR, and other EC's. OOS
30/3.9+
Great Research, LOR, and other EC's. OOS
When should we hear decisions post-interview?
When I was checking out after my interview, the admissions office told me that the first batch of acceptances goes out between late October and early November, and to keep an eye on my email during that time. But they also said it could be up to 8 wks (though probably less) during the presentations.When should we hear decisions post-interview?
Why keep an eye out on e-mail? No more phone calls?When I was checking out after my interview, the admissions office told me that the first batch of acceptances goes out between late October and early November, and to keep an eye on my email during that time. But they also said it could be up to 8 wks (though probably less) during the presentations.
Last edited:
Any ladies interviewing on October 28th want to share a hotel room on October 27th?
Last edited:
I'm not one to discourage others from applying, but look at the big picture before you do.Is it pretty late for me to send in my secondary now?
30/3.9+
Great Research, LOR, and other EC's. OOS
You're MCAT is definitely a detractor, but I don't know the rest of your application so you maybe able to compensate for it. The secondary fee is pretty pricey ($130 I believe), but don't be pennywise and pound foolish with applying to med school.
If you have some interviews already lined up I probably wouldn't apply because it will be a reach, but if you can write a darn good secondary and have extra cash - why not? Yes, it's late in the cycle but you never know.
I don't know about phone calls (perhaps they still do them), but she did specifically mention email, so maybe that's how they plan on sending them this time? I'm not sure though.Why keep an eye out on e-mail? No more phone calls?
I don't know about phone calls (perhaps they still do them), but she did specifically mention email, so maybe that's how they plan on sending them this time? I'm not sure though.
One of our student guides said they emailed him about a status change and then called him as well, I think they do both?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's definitely possible! I didn't specifically ask about phone calls.One of our student guides said they emailed him about a status change and then called him as well, I think they do both?
Interview here on 10/6!
10/6??? Complete date?
10/6??? Complete date?
I am an idiot, 11/6! Sorry lol
I am an idiot, 11/6! Sorry lol
Haha obviously not. When was your secondary complete?
Haha obviously not. When was your secondary complete?
Completed on 7/28, II invite 9/17.
the admissions office works in like lightening speed. just emailed a question and they responded within 2 minutes!
Received an email notifying me a decision has been made.. Waitlisted! Interviewed 9/3.
Accepted!
congrats!! when did you interview? i'm getting nervousssss
congrats!! when did you interview? i'm getting nervousssss
Super early (the first week). My decision was released online.
Congrats!! May I ask what type of interview did they conduct? MMI or panel?Super early (the first week). My decision was released online.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected pre-interview today. 🙁 Kind of surprised because the 3 interview invites I've gotten are all at higher-ranked schools...just goes to show that different med schools are looking for different things.
How many students were interviewing with you?1 interview, partially blind, with either an MD, PhD, or MS4.
Wait list today, interviewed early/mid-September. Good luck to everybody still waiting for news!
+1
They seem pretty big on sending in letters of intent from the sound of the email. Was pretty sure I was going to withdraw from here soon anyways I suppose. Oh well. Good luck everyone!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K