You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
5
584376
+1. Complete 9/23 with 32 MCAT and 3.77 cGPA. This is the first rejection for me as well, but no need to sweat it since I'm still in the game at other schools. Good luck everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they cut me loose too. 3.8, 34. ahh well
Ahh sorry to hear that. Were you also completed end of September?
I was complete Oct. 1 ...starting to get nervous!
Yup, they only schedule interviews Monday-Thursday.
First II today! So excited to interview here!
Congrats! when were you complete?First II today! So excited to interview here!
Early Sept
Darn it, I was complete 8/21 and silence still !Early Sept
App complete 9/30, II today!
Students that spoke to us at the school said that it wasn't a huge deal to them. They said it was good that you were rewarded by getting honors in subjects that you enjoyed/worked hard in. They also said most people get pass grade anyway so it wasn't a big deal if you "only passed."How do people who have interviewed feel about the first two years being not pass/fail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Students that spoke to us at the school said that it wasn't a huge deal to them. They said it was good that you were rewarded by getting honors in subjects that you enjoyed/worked hard in. They also said most people get pass grade anyway so it wasn't a big deal if you "only passed."
Hmm, yes! I interviewed and heard the same thing. I'm wondering how YOU personally feel about it.
Does your application status still say "submitted?" Nothing about the interview invite seems to be on my portal!App complete 9/30, II today!
Does your application status still say "submitted?" Nothing about the interview invite seems to be on my portal!
There is no mention of an interview anywhere on my application portal. The email invite has a link to interview information.
My secondary was "complete" on 9/2, and I called the office of admissions yesterday to do a status check (10 weeks had passed), and they told me that I should hear back within 1-2 more weeks. I received my "decision has been made" email today, and was rejected pre-interview. I had a feeling that was the case anyways, so I'm not too torn up about it...it just wasn't meant to be. I have a few other options.
Good luck to everyone else!🙂
Good luck to everyone else!🙂
Waitlisted, interviewed 10/8.
Did you just find out today?Waitlisted, interviewed 10/8.
Yes, Got the email at 10:30Did you just find out today?
it seemed like Mrs Sullivan implied that most people would be waitlisted rather than accepted and then come off the waitlist. Does anyone remember if they said the wait list was ranked or not?
Any feedback for those interviewing next week?
Waitlisted here today as well. Interviewed on 10/7.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im in your shoes too!Any feedback for those interviewing next week?
Wahh I interviewed 9/22 and still no news, getting nervous!! :/
Hey I interviewed that same day! Getting nervous too but I'm trying not to read too much into the timeline. Who knows why some people that interviewed almost 3 weeks after us are already hearing back and we aren't??Wahh I interviewed 9/22 and still no news, getting nervous!! :/
Interviewed on 10/15, I just noticed all these posts saying that they've been getting to the October interviewees so I guess I'll be hearing back soon! So nervous, it seems like they've accepted so few 😱
Any feedback for those interviewing next week?
Im in your shoes too!
It's just a single, one-on-one interviewer. Mine was really conversational and low stress. I think there are a lot of different interviewers though so it may just depend on who you get. Overall, I loved the school and would be thrilled to go there.
Thank you!It's just a single, one-on-one interviewer. Mine was really conversational and low stress. I think there are a lot of different interviewers though so it may just depend on who you get. Overall, I loved the school and would be thrilled to go there.
Hey I interviewed that same day! Getting nervous too but I'm trying not to read too much into the timeline. Who knows why some people that interviewed almost 3 weeks after us are already hearing back and we aren't??
I interviewed 10/2 and still no news as well. Most posts thus far have been the waitlist.... maybe acceptances come next 🙂
I am interviewing Tuesday and have booked two nights at a hotel close to the school that has two queen size beds. If anyone wants to split the costs for one/both nights and grab one of those beds PM me - the nights in question are Monday and Tuesday.
Hah that would be awesome! I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, seems like most people are getting wait listed. I really would love to go to this school though!I interviewed 10/2 and still no news as well. Most posts thus far have been the waitlist.... maybe acceptances come next 🙂
Rejected post-interview, interviewed 9/30. I was honest about having interviews elsewhere when asked by current students during the interview day - I think that might have killed me. None of my other prospects were more desirable than Georgetown, and I thought I did a great job saying why the school was a wonderful fit. I was pretty nervous, though, and maybe that came across as just being weird. I don't know.
Rejected post-interview, interviewed 9/30. I was honest about having interviews elsewhere when asked by current students during the interview day - I think that might have killed me. None of my other prospects were more desirable than Georgetown, and I thought I did a great job saying why the school was a wonderful fit. I was pretty nervous, though, and maybe that came across as just being weird. I don't know.
I am really sorry to hear that 🙁 I hope your other interviews went well! did you find out from Georgetown on Friday?
Do you guys think that the LOI they talk about in the waitlist letter should be sent as an actual email or as a PDF attachment in an email?
Hah that would be awesome! I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, seems like most people are getting wait listed. I really would love to go to this school though!
So I did a little skimming through last year's thread. I can't verify any of it but here is what I found:
-"They told us that they process 80 applications at a time
~20 are rejected
~40 are waitlisted
~20 are accepted" (some people said this wasn't true)
-the committee meet "the second and fourth Thursday of every month"
Trends:
-last year's crew also did not hear according to the date they interviewed and the length of the wait doesn't mean anything. People who wait 12 weeks and more were rejected, wait-listed and accepted. People called for an estimate for time of decisions. They were frequently told "at the end of this/next week" but that did not ring true for many people
-students were notified of decisions on various days of the week so there is no specific announcement day
-the dean/interviewers called students to inform them of acceptances so answer all unknown numbers from the DC area!
i didn't go through a lot of the thread so let me know if you discover anything else!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow great work! So sounds like we could hear any time during any day, and it could be a call or email haha. Oh the suspense!So I did a little skimming through last year's thread. I can't verify any of it but here is what I found:
-"They told us that they process 80 applications at a time
~20 are rejected
~40 are waitlisted
~20 are accepted" (some people said this wasn't true)
-the committee meet "the second and fourth Thursday of every month"
Trends:
-last year's crew also did not hear according to the date they interviewed and the length of the weight doesn't mean any thing. People who wait 12 weeks and more were rejected, wait-listed and accepted. People called for an estimate day for their decisions. They were frequently told "at the end of this/next week" but that did not ring true for many people
-students were notified of decisions on various days of the week so there is no specific announcement day
-the dean/interviewers called students to inform them of acceptances so answer all unknown numbers from the DC area!
i didn't go through a lot of the thread so let me know if you discover anything else!
Accepted today via phone call after being placed on the WL about one month ago! I'm thrilled and may very well attend next year! Interviewed in Sept. LizzyM ~70. Of course, this is n=1 but I hope this puts those who are currently on the wait list at ease. You might not be on the WL long!
Wooo! Congrats!
Accepted today via phone call after being placed on the WL about one month ago! I'm thrilled and may very well attend next year! Interviewed in Sept. LizzyM ~70. Of course, this is n=1 but I hope this puts those who are currently on the wait list at ease. You might not be on the WL long!
Congratulations, that's amazing!! Did you send in a LOI shortly after being on the WL?
Also waitlisted a couple days ago. Interviewed 9/22. Looks like Georgetown really wants us to want them, don't they?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K