You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected. Completed 8/13, 3.7 GPA, 38 MCAT. I don't get it. This is my fourth rejection. No II's. I guess I'll retake the MCAT and aim for a 47 and apply for masters progress and shoot for 7.9 GPA. Maybe then I'll get an interview somewhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. Completed 8/13, 3.7 GPA, 38 MCAT. I don't get it. This is my fourth rejection. No II's. I guess I'll retake the MCAT and aim for a 47 and apply for masters progress and shoot for 7.9 GPA. Maybe then I'll get an interview somewhere.
Sorry to hear that, but didn't you say you had an II at your state school? You should have a pretty good shot with your stats. And even though this cycle is faster than usual, there will still be plenty more interview slots to give out in October and November.
II from my IS DO school.Sorry to hear that, but didn't you say you had an II at your state school? You should have a pretty good shot with your stats. And even though this cycle is faster than usual, there will still be plenty more interview slots to give out in October and November.
Has anyone received an II this week?
100%.What % of applicants are sent a secondary application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First of his name. Rejected today. Complete mid-August. 3.52 GPA, 32 MCAT.
I am not without mercy, but Georgetown will bend the knee.
I am not without mercy, but Georgetown will bend the knee.
Last edited:
First of his name. Rejected today. Complete mid-August. 3.53 GPA, 33 MCAT.
I am not without mercy, but Georgetown will bend the knee.
I'm surprised that Melisandre and the Lord of Light didn't pull any strings for you 😉
I'm so sorry to hear about all of the rejections lately 🙁 All of you guys seem amazing in my eyes!
Has anyone interviewed here yet? I'm curious what your impressions were of the day and the interviews?
Has anyone interviewed here yet? I'm curious what your impressions were of the day and the interviews?
I'm surprised that Melisandre and the Lord of Light didn't pull any strings for you 😉
The night is dark, and full of terrors. The true King, Stannis Baratheon, will see justice!
I am sorry. Ouch. Wishing you better times ahead. . .and all of us the success we crave.Rejected, complete 8/13. One less watched thread!
I'm so sorry to hear about all of the rejections lately 🙁 All of you guys seem amazing in my eyes!
Has anyone interviewed here yet? I'm curious what your impressions were of the day and the interviews?
I am really sorry about all of the rejects as well, if it were up to me I'd accept all of you! 🙁 I actually got my first rejection while I was interviewing at Georgetown this week (Can't say I wasn't expecting it, but it still stings).
I posted a longer interview update on my MDapps, but in summary the interview wasn't nearly as intense as I had expected. It probably depends on who you get as your interviewer, but mine was really chill and seemed like he wanted to act more as an advocate for me than as a barrier to an acceptance. There were the typical why medicine/why GU questions and then the rest of the interview was really just a casual conversation. This was my first interview experience, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I did end up liking the school and the (beautiful!) campus a lot. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!
Just wanted to wish everyone on the thread well! I also got my "thanks, but no thanks" from Georgetown and needs must waddle away, sniffling, into the frigid, featureless desolation. . . . (just penguin talk for TTFN!I am really sorry about all of the rejects as well, if it were up to me I'd accept all of you! 🙁 I actually got my first rejection while I was interviewing at Georgetown this week (Can't say I wasn't expecting it, but it still stings).
I posted a longer interview update on my MDapps, but in summary the interview wasn't nearly as intense as I had expected. It probably depends on who you get as your interviewer, but mine was really chill and seemed like he wanted to act more as an advocate for me than as a barrier to an acceptance. There were the typical why medicine/why GU questions and then the rest of the interview was really just a casual conversation. This was my first interview experience, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I did end up liking the school and the (beautiful!) campus a lot. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!
I'm so sorry to hear about all of the rejections lately 🙁 All of you guys seem amazing in my eyes!
Has anyone interviewed here yet? I'm curious what your impressions were of the day and the interviews?
I interviewed here recently! I agree with pretty much everything peanutbutterdaisy said on her MDapps. The interview was super conversational and laid back-- nothing to stress about. My interviewer was an MS4 and basically chatted with me like I was her friend while going down the interview question sheet. If you're a good fit for Georgetown you will rock the interview. They are definitely looking for a certain kind of person (which Ms. Sullivan will cover during her speech) and if you genuinely fit into that category and are passionate about serving others, it will show.
Genius, sir. I pledge to you my allegiance.First of his name. Rejected today. Complete mid-August. 3.53 GPA, 33 MCAT.
I am not without mercy, but Georgetown will bend the knee.
I'm becoming terrified as they inch towards 8/20!! this is one of my absolute top choices 🙁Looks like they're very systematic about reviewing apps. Everyone rejected just now was complete in the same 1-2 days![]()
I am really sorry about all of the rejects as well, if it were up to me I'd accept all of you! 🙁 I actually got my first rejection while I was interviewing at Georgetown this week (Can't say I wasn't expecting it, but it still stings).
I posted a longer interview update on my MDapps, but in summary the interview wasn't nearly as intense as I had expected. It probably depends on who you get as your interviewer, but mine was really chill and seemed like he wanted to act more as an advocate for me than as a barrier to an acceptance. There were the typical why medicine/why GU questions and then the rest of the interview was really just a casual conversation. This was my first interview experience, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I did end up liking the school and the (beautiful!) campus a lot. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!
I interviewed here recently! I agree with pretty much everything peanutbutterdaisy said on her MDapps. The interview was super conversational and laid back-- nothing to stress about. My interviewer was an MS4 and basically chatted with me like I was her friend while going down the interview question sheet. If you're a good fit for Georgetown you will rock the interview. They are definitely looking for a certain kind of person (which Ms. Sullivan will cover during her speech) and if you genuinely fit into that category and are passionate about serving others, it will show.
Thank you both for your responses! I really appreciate it, and am very excited to visit!
I am sorry for all the people getting rejected! I am still keeping my hope candle lit! I really want to come here!!!
I want to go there too!! Best of luck to those remaining - you too whitecupcake!!! <3
Thank you!!! Let all keep hoping!!!!I want to go there too!! Best of luck to those remaining - you too whitecupcake!!! <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so many cupcakes!!! i was complete 3rd week of august so fingers crossed, its my first choice!!!
I was complete 8/21. No news yet and definitely my top choice
complete 8/9 but i've heard nothing 0_o guess that's a good thing...?
does anyone know how receptive georgetown is to in the area letters?
does anyone know how receptive georgetown is to in the area letters?
complete 8/9 but i've heard nothing 0_o guess that's a good thing...?
does anyone know how receptive georgetown is to in the area letters?
I'm curious about this as well.
rejected, complete 8/19
really unfortunate, i loved georgetown
really unfortunate, i loved georgetown
so sorry to hear about the rejections 🙁 it seems like they haven't sent any IIs in a while!
we're like twins...both rejected from here and BU on the same dayI just joined SDN, it helps to see how other people are faring in the process!
But unfortunately... I was rejected 9/25, complete 8/12, OOS, lizzyM ~72
good luck to you on the rest of your schools
from the admissions office: interviews have been filled through the first week of November~
II today via email. OOS, nontrad, LZ ~69. Complete 8/21. No notifications of any sort until today. Have not scheduled interview yet as no dates open for registration but will keep checking until one appears.
II today! Does anyone know how to sign up for the interview? it looks like all the spots I have to choose from have been filled...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received a second email with the correct link to the dates available... 11th of November onwards
Does anyone from the first interview groups (week of 9/2), know when we can expect to hear our admissions decision?
Does anyone from the first interview groups (week of 9/2), know when we can expect to hear our admissions decision?
Last year the first post-interview rejections came out a day or two after the 15th, followed by wait-lists a few days later and then acceptances a few days shortly after that.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K