2014-2015 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks ! I was wait listed Dec 9. Sent the LOI right away then sent another update almost two weeks ago. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Also on a different note, for those of you who have already sent update letters (not the LOI), did you just email them the update in the body of email? I am debating if I should just copy and paste my letter into the email body or attach it as a PDF.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Also on a different note, for those of you who have already sent update letters (not the LOI), did you just email them the update in the body of email? I am debating if I should just copy and paste my letter into the email body or attach it as a PDF.

Thanks!
Not at all. Lizzy ~70. As for the updates I would suggest copy and pasting into an email. I believe they asked for that specifically with the LOI so I did the same for my update
 
Just got accepted off the waitlist- super excited! I guess there really is a lot of movement on waitlists starting now. Also, Georgetown gives you what seems an awful lot like a Facebook "which Harry Potter Character Are You?" test upon acceptance. Jesuits are Ravenclaws.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted off the waitlist- super excited! I guess there really is a lot of movement on waitlists starting now. Also, Georgetown gives you what seems an awful lot like a Facebook "which Harry Potter Character Are You?" test upon acceptance. Jesuits are Ravenclaws.

Congrats! Did you send an update letter(s) after your LOI letter?
 
Just got accepted off the waitlist- super excited! I guess there really is a lot of movement on waitlists starting now. Also, Georgetown gives you what seems an awful lot like a Facebook "which Harry Potter Character Are You?" test upon acceptance. Jesuits are Ravenclaws.

Congrats! When were you placed on the WL?
 
After sending the LOI email did you (anyone) get an email confirmation back so you know it was received?
 
does anyone know if we address the lady who gave the intro speech--Donna Sullivan--as Dean Sullivan or Mrs. Sullivan?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any mid-December applicants heard back or know when we should expect to hear back?
I called admissions this morning because it's been just over 10 weeks for me. They said I'd be discussed at today's committee meeting and should hear back within a week. I think our 8-10 week estimation is extended by a week or two because of winter break falling during that time.
 
I think I'm gonna go ! What about you
I'm going to go too! So far the only one I am going to! I love Georgetown a lot. My interview was awhile ago and I have overlooked Georgetown because I was fascinated with some of my later schools but I want to go back to DC and see if I can fit in the place!

It's so expensive but the location and the teaching philosophy is what I really want so hopefully I will fall in love over this weekend!
 
Interviewed Jan. 13th and emailed them. They said I'd be reviewed this Thursday and hear back by the end of next week. I told them I have a March 15th deposit deadline for another school, so it's possible that they moved my review up. Just FYI
 
Flight booked. Apartment booked. 2nd Look Weekend here we come! Has anybody heard anything about what it is like?

If anyone can speak more about Georgetown's grading policy and exam scheduling that would be awesome. I am concerned about the A/B/C/D grading as well as the fact they test every two weeks is it? If someone could say something about the curriculum or what they seem to like, that would be great!
 
For those who have been accepted off the waitlist, how many days after your acceptance phone call did you receive an e-mail notification and/or portal change? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any mid-to-late January interviewees heard back yet? We are smack dab in the middle of the 8-10 week window they told us to expect, though I have learned to always assume the actual date to be far closer to the latter end of said window... +pity+
 
When accepted students received a phone call... was it from a blocked number or was it a DC area code?
 
Last edited: