You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
To all accepted applicants - did you receive any information about background checks from Certiphi/AMCAS? I just got an email from Dean Houle reminding me to start my background check process, but I did not receive the email she refers to from Certiphi/AMCAS with information on how to do this.
I received the same email, and I have not receieved anything from AMCAS yet. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
It definitely seems like this is a common problem. AMCAS said they would start background checks for accepted applicants sometime after Jan 1, so I guess we should be on the lookoutI received the same email, and I have not receieved anything from AMCAS yet. 🙁
+1So... About that waitlist. Has anyone gotten off of it recently/yet? I feel a little weird continuing to send letters without that much new info, but I guess that's what ya do.
Does anyone know how to reschedule an interview? It says you are allowed to reschedule once, but when I go back to the RSVP link, there is no option to reschedule. Also, it says interviews cannot be scheduled via phone or email. I was wondering if there was something obvious I'm missing before I give the admissions office a call on Monday... Thanks!
Did anyone on the waitlist get a background check request from AAMC?
I wonder if I should get my hopes up or still stay miserable.
I wonder if I should get my hopes up or still stay miserable.
I'm on the wait list and received a CBC email today. But I've also been accepted at other schools that require a CBC
I think they send the CBC to all wait listed and accepted students. I don't think it is indicative of any kind of impending acceptance unfortunately. I wish...
Waitlisted about 1 week ago, never got an email about a CBC. Is the CBC from Georgetown or AMCAS?
AAMC sends the email.Waitlisted about 1 week ago, never got an email about a CBC. Is the CBC from Georgetown or AMCAS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted about 1 week ago, never got an email about a CBC. Is the CBC from Georgetown or AMCAS?
When did you interview?
Called Certiphi today and they said I needed a pin from Georgetown to start the background check. Does anyone know where I get this? It seems like other people had an email sent without needing to do anything.
When did you interview?
First week of November.
Not sure what to think about the whole CBC thing. I am on 2 wait lists and haven't heard anything from AAMC since being told my AMCAS primary was verified.
This waiting game is brutal...
Has anyone received a decision lately? Interviewed first week of November...
Has anyone received a decision lately? Interviewed first week of November...
I am wondering the same thing I also interviewed early november. I know last year the first decision after winter break was released tomorrow, so hopefully good news is on its way!
I spoke with Admissions today, and they said that decisions should be released within the next 2 weeks for those who interviewed mid-November! 🙂
Hello! I interviewed November 6 and after calling Admissions office yesterday...they told me I should hear by the end of this week or early next! so hopefully, we all hear soon 🙂
Has anyone received a decision lately? Interviewed first week of November...
I interviewed Nov. 6 and I'm still waiting too! you're not alone
October interviewer here, still haven't heard back.
Starting to think they lost my file lol.
Starting to think they lost my file lol.
October interviewer here, still haven't heard back.
Starting to think they lost my file lol.
Yea same here. I really thought I would hear back today, but then again I've been thinking like that for the past 2 weeks so yea... 🙁
I interviewed the last week of October and received an acceptance call on Friday before Christmas sometime around 5 pm. I didn't receive an email until the following Monday morning. Good luck!!!Does anyone know when phone calls usually arrive -is it the day before the email or the day of? And are they usually in the evening or morning?
This wait is making me super anxious haha
I interviewed at GU in October but I was still deciding between schools and I recently sent in my letter of interest. In order to get our files reviewed, did we have to send the LOI right away? If not, does anyone know how they are reviewing the files?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The way admissions explained it to us the letter of interest is supposed to be sent in for waitlisted applicants to activate your file to be reviewed, not before receiving an interview decision! I wouldn't worry about sending in anything but thank you cards until you hear their initial decision
Sorry forgot to mention, I was waitlisted back in December. I sent my LOI recently but I am nervous if I sent it late and if that will have a negative chances on being accepted from the waitlist.
I interviewed the first week of November and called admissions today. They said I should hear either later today or by next Tuesday!
eeeeeeeee fingers crossed we all get good news todayI interviewed the first week of November and called admissions today. They said I should hear either later today or by next Tuesday!
all i want is georgetown 🙁
Me too🙁Just got an email - WLed 🙁(((
Wait listed as well...
Interviewed November 6th and waitlisted this morning as well
Last edited:
Rejected pre-interview
Waitlisted interviewed 11/7, but I'm withdrawing.... good luck guys!
good luck to you!
I interviewed in September and my call came mid morning at the end of October. I think the email came a few days later. So it sounds like there isn't a specific format they're following. Best of luck to everyone receiving decisions in the next few weeks!!I interviewed the last week of October and received an acceptance call on Friday before Christmas sometime around 5 pm. I didn't receive an email until the following Monday morning. Good luck!!!
Accepted off the waitlist this morning! Good luck everyone!!
Awesome, congrats! What was the time lapse between your WL placement and acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed mid September, placed on WL first week of December. 🙂Awesome, congrats! What was the time lapse between your WL placement and acceptance?
Nice! How were you notified?Accepted off the waitlist this morning! Good luck everyone!!
I received an email that said a decision has been made (identical to the email notifying me that I had been placed on the waitlist). No phone call or anything, just the email!Nice! How were you notified?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K