-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Indiana University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It was presented to me that they are still reviewing for acceptances.
Dang. Everyone is hearing different things I guess, but I am going to go ahead and believe in that and keep hoping. Thanks for the news.
Dang. Everyone is hearing different things I guess, but I am going to go ahead and believe in that and keep hoping. Thanks for the news.
You're welcome, keep your head up!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe a very small amt. according to a professional email I received fromIt was presented to me that they are still reviewing for acceptances.
IU...they have already accepted over 300 ppl
You're welcome, keep your head up!
Maybe a very small amt. according to a professional email I received from
IU...they have already accepted over 300 ppl
I think that is probably true. Schools are supposed to have sent out a number of acceptances equal to or greater than their expected class size by March 15th. However, just because they have sent out that many doesn't mean the class is already full. People got outright accepted on April 15th after that deadline so I guess you never know!
Maybe a very small amt. according to a professional email I received from
IU...they have already accepted over 300 ppl
The class size will consist of over 500 people, as was stated in the interview information session.
360!The class size will consist of over 500 people, as was stated in the interview information session.
I think that is probably true. Schools are supposed to have sent out a number of acceptances equal to or greater than their expected class size by March 15th. However, just because they have sent out that many doesn't mean the class is already full. People got outright accepted on April 15th after that deadline so I guess you never know!
Class size is around 342 don't lose hope
The class size will consist of over 500 people, as was stated in the interview information session.
Haha not quite. Max I believe is 355
Haha not quite. Max I believe is 355
I'm pretty sure they said their class size was in excess of 500.
I'm pretty sure they said their class size was in excess of 500.
My mistake but with the regional campuses maxed out at 28 students that would mean almost 300 first years here at Indy. I've been here for 2years and have never heard of that many.
This is not true. Their class size is not increasing by 150+ students this year.I'm pretty sure they said their class size was in excess of 500.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I could have heard incorrectly however the point I wanted to get across is that the school is still reviewing applications for acceptances, not just waitlist or rejection.
Campus assignments go out Friday. The class is full now. With the April 30 deadline for students holding multiple acceptances coming up some spots are gonna open up but at this point it's wait list not necessarily rejection though
Agreed.Campus assignments go out Friday. The class is full now. With the April 30 deadline for students holding multiple acceptances coming up some spots are gonna open up but at this point it's wait list not necessarily rejection though
Withdrawing my acceptance and scholarship!! Hope one of you gets it!
Withdrawing my acceptance and scholarship!! Hope one of you gets it!
Good luck at whichever school you chose!
Any word on when we might hear about campus placement? I know last year they heard around this time so just curious
I was told by admissions that we would hear later this week. Someone posted earlier in the thread that we would hear on Friday.
Just got an e-mail. I was placed on the alternate list. :-/
+1 Better than a rejection though!
Huh. No email here. If you guys are getting alternate list emails, I suspect a rejection is heading my way. Granted, I've suspected that for a long time!
Huh. No email here. If you guys are getting alternate list emails, I suspect a rejection is heading my way. Granted, I've suspected that for a long time!
+1 [emoji17]
No status change on my portal
Yeah mine still says under consideration. Also is there a deadline for turning in that alternate position acceptance form?
No portal change for me either, just the e-mail. FYI for everyone, the info sheet attached says there are "Approximately 100 alternates" selected, of which about half got a seat last year. Also, it mentions that all Alternatives who get offered a seat will be placed at a regional campus.
Yes, 3 weeks.
Also is there a deadline for turning in that alternate position acceptance form?
Yes, 3 weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2+1 Better than a rejection though!
You may be able to say N/A for that particular space. However, I think it is required to send all final transcripts to a school once you've been accepted since amcas doesn't send them to the school. Some schools want all WL ppl to go ahead and send them too. May have to call to verify when they actually want them.Hey waitlist people. On that alternate acceptance form we have to turn in what should I put for number 5 if my final transcripts have already been received since I graduated a while ago? #sweatingthesmallstuff
Hey waitlist people. On that alternate acceptance form we have to turn in what should I put for number 5 if my final transcripts have already been received since I graduated a while ago? #sweatingthesmallstuff
I emailed admissions, and got this back "Its best to go ahead and send all of your finalized transcripts now so the office has them. If you are accepted then you aren’t in a hurry to send them."
I emailed admissions, and got this back "Its best to go ahead and send all of your finalized transcripts now so the office has them. If you are accepted then you aren’t in a hurry to send them."
I get that, but they already have my finalized transcripts. I sent them in in February after my interview. And they received them and everything. So I don't want to have to get more official transcripts when there is nothing new from the ones they have you know? I'm not in school this year.
Then I would just say already received or something. The average applicant didn't send in transcripts post interview so that's mainly for everybody else.I get that, but they already have my finalized transcripts. I sent them in in February after my interview. And they received them and everything. So I don't want to have to get more official transcripts when there is nothing new from the ones they have you know? I'm not in school this year.
I am wondering that myselfHas anyone called today to see what's up with campus assignments? I'm thinking about doing it but don't want to bug them if someone here knows what's happening..
Patience young grasshopper.....It's only 2 EST....wait a little while longer. Maybe call Monday if we don't hear anything today.Has anyone called today to see what's up with campus assignments? I'm thinking about doing it but don't want to bug them if someone here knows what's happening..
EDIT: Although I do find myself checking my email every 10 minutes haha
Okay, I called because this is just so ridiculous (do they not realized that apartments are filling up already??) and they said "very soon". The person I talked to said she couldn't give an exact time but that she had heard today and if not today, definitely in the next couple days. She said we would be notified via email.
WOO! INDIANAPOLIS! Didn't receive the email yet, but it is updated on my applicant portal! Can't wait to meet my future classmates! 

Nvm, just received the email! Hopefully you all got placed where you were hoping as well!WOO! INDIANAPOLIS! Didn't receive the email yet, but it is updated on my applicant portal! Can't wait to meet my future classmates!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Indianapolis!
Fort Wayne...
Does anyone know if there are certain apartments in Indy medical students tend to live in? Or do people just live all over? I couldn't really find any helpful information on the school website.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K