2014-2015 Medical School for International Health. Ben-Gurion University/Columbia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow that's actually really crazy that they didn't even make an announcement to students!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I work in the office in New York. Not sure who you spoke to in Nutrition, but we are affiliated with Columbia, and just signed a new five year contract last October. So nothing has changed in our relationship at all, and all of our fourth year students take electives there every year.

We just moved to a new office across the street in March, so maybe the person in the office was referring to the fact that we aren't on the same floor as they are any more.

The reason the Columbia website asks you to visit our new site is because we have been transitioning all of our pages onto the BGU MSIH site, which was created about two years ago and is now where all updated files, news and info are located; the address is MSIH.net. So sorry if this has caused any distress. We are so proud of the new site, but may have not let everyone know. You can always call us in the office if you have questions about anything, we are happy to help.

Reactions: 1 user
thank you MSIH staff, that is good news :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome incoming class! I graduated one week ago and I'm happy about my residency placement and have had a good 4 years as an MSIH student. If you have any questions please message me, I'd be glad to share my perspective.

Hey guys. I just got in too! I wanted to know if anyone has spoken with former students about their experiences with getting residencies? I really like Ben Gurion but I want to make sure that going here is going to give me options for residencies. It all seems good but I just want to make sure before making such a big commitment. Thanks.

I believe as long as you do well on the USMLEs you can generally get a good residency. The school has a good history of the students getting quite good residencies and generally have a good track record as far as percentage of students who get a residency. I've done my research!:) It will always be a bit harder as a foreign graduate but i've spoken to lots of people from the school who worked hard and got great residencies.

If anyone is a current student at MSIH and is interested in chatting, I'd like to ask some questions regarding your experience at MSIH. PM please if you don't mind