2014-2015 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

do you mind me asking around the time you were complete for most of your schools? and your stats? cuz I've received one invite but thats frm school that doesn't have secondaries, so once my mcat scores were in they automatically started reviewing for an interviewing. as of the schools I've submitted secondaries... nothing

I PMed you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But wait, since I can see both apps on the same system/portal, do you think they can see whether or not we applied to both or not?? That would seem kinda sketchy...
medical schools can see the other schools you applied to/accepted to/rejected etc. Its all on your printable AMCAS application thats sent to every school. it has all your schools list
 
medical schools can see the other schools you applied to/accepted to/rejected etc. Its all on your printable AMCAS application thats sent to every school. it has all your schools list

You're mistaken. They don't receive that list. It's been confirmed. You can search about it on this site.

The only thing is, eventually, I believe in February/March, they'll be able to see which schools accepted you.

As far as knowing which schools you were wait-listed or rejected at during that time, I am not sure. Can anyone confirm this?
 
You're mistaken. They don't receive that list. It's been confirmed. You can search about it on this site.

The only thing is, eventually, I believe in February/March, they'll be able to see which schools accepted you.

As far as knowing which schools you were wait-listed or rejected at during that time, I am not sure. Can anyone confirm this?

ohh okay, i thought the amcas print out was exactly what medical schools receive, i guess they see a different application than we see.
maybe they don't see the schools now, but if you were rejected from every school and reapply next year - how would the schools verify you're a 2nd cycle applicant since you didn't receive an acceptance? Maybe AMCAS just confirms that you have applied to a medical school before without disclosing which other ones... idk
 
ohh okay, i thought the amcas print out was exactly what medical schools receive, i guess they see a different application than we see.
maybe they don't see the schools now, but if you were rejected from every school and reapply next year - how would the schools verify you're a 2nd cycle applicant since you didn't receive an acceptance? Maybe AMCAS just confirms that you have applied to a medical school before without disclosing which other ones... idk

Yea, probably through AMCAS. But yea, they cannot see that list at the end of our apps. It's just towards the end of the cycle, they get to see some info but I'm not entirely sure what exactly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ohh okay, i thought the amcas print out was exactly what medical schools receive, i guess they see a different application than we see.
maybe they don't see the schools now, but if you were rejected from every school and reapply next year - how would the schools verify you're a 2nd cycle applicant since you didn't receive an acceptance? Maybe AMCAS just confirms that you have applied to a medical school before without disclosing which other ones... idk

The only way they know you're a reapplicant is if it's their school you got rejected from. If you're applying to a different set of schools, these schools will not know because technically for them you're not a reapplicant. Remember on AMCAS when you pick schools, they ask if you've applied before to their specific school. For me, most schools wont know I'm technically a reapplicant because I have a totally different list than my first time minus one school (my state school), for them this is the first time they're seeing my application.

Also it's not until Feb/March they can see what schools you're ACCEPTED to. They cannot see how many or which schools you applied to or got wait listed or rejected from. All they can see is who accepted you, nothing more. This is made available from AMCAS.
 
Did you receive an email saying your application was marked complete? Thanks!
I got this email
"Dear XYZ,

Thank you for completing your online application! This e-mail confirms that you have successfully submitted your form.

Your file will be complete when Admissions has received all of the required admissions documents..."

all my files were received.
 
I got this email
"Dear XYZ,

Thank you for completing your online application! This e-mail confirms that you have successfully submitted your form.

Your file will be complete when Admissions has received all of the required admissions documents..."

all my files were received.

how do you know they were received? I received the same email too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I am new on here. I got my
Amcas verified this past week and I just got an email from
Meharry 3 days letter saying that they have gotten my 2015 electronic application and that in the next 6 weeks that I will receive further communication. Please is this the same for everybody. Or I am actually being considered for a secondary application rather than screen it out
 
Hey guys I am new on here. I got my
Amcas verified this past week and I just got an email from
Meharry 3 days letter saying that they have gotten my 2015 electronic application and that in the next 6 weeks that I will receive further communication. Please is this the same for everybody. Or I am actually being considered for a secondary application rather than screen it out

This is the general email just saying they got your application. Meharry does a thorough screen, but the amount of time before someone gets a secondary varies. Some ppl get it within a few days, for others it takes a little longer. Stay patient and good luck! 🙂
 
So by passing screening does this mean that you have a decent shot at being considered for an interview?

That you meet the minimum qualifications?
 
So by passing screening does this mean that you have a decent shot at being considered for an interview?

That you meet the minimum qualifications?

For most schools it means you at least meet their minimum qualifications, but getting an interview varies with school and how tough their screen is. Some schools just do a GPA/MCAT cut off, some schools do a more thorough screen. It's kinda hard to gauge if you really have a shot an II or not unfortunately 🤔
 
For most schools it means you at least meet their minimum qualifications, but getting an interview varies with school and how tough their screen is. Some schools just do a GPA/MCAT cut off, some schools do a more thorough screen. It's kinda hard to gauge if you really have a shot an II or not unfortunately 🤔
Wishful thinking I suppoose!!!! Lol
 
For the question on the secondary that asks "why Meharry".....I don't see a word or character limit. Am I just overlooking it?
 
Hey guys I am new on here. I got my
Amcas verified this past week and I just got an email from
Meharry 3 days letter saying that they have gotten my 2015 electronic application and that in the next 6 weeks that I will receive further communication. Please is this the same for everybody. Or I am actually being considered for a secondary application rather than screen it out

I got the same one last week, but I thought that the reason I got the email was because my MCAT score isn't up. If they already have your MCAT score then that means the email definitely goes out to everyone that applied. If you, like me don't have your MCAT score yet, it could be because of that. Though I can't say that they are considering us at this point, they are for sure have not rejected us.
Good LUCK.
 
So I haven't offically got the email about giving me a secondary... But when I log into my Morehouse secondary application website, it had a tab for meharry and allows me to log in.... Does that mean I am going to get a secondary and they haven't given me the confirmation email yet lol?
 
So I haven't offically got the email about giving me a secondary... But when I log into my Morehouse secondary application website, it had a tab for meharry and allows me to log in.... Does that mean I am going to get a secondary and they haven't given me the confirmation email yet lol?

I wish I could help you buddy but I have no idea and I didn't apply to Morehouse. I suggest you call Meharry tomorrow.
 
Hey guys,

As a Canadian I don't have a SSN...what should I put in the SSN field on the secondary application?

Thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soooooo... I called the admissions office to find out why I hadn't received a secondary completion email from MMC. I was a tad bit concerned because I submitted the application 2 weeks ago. I was told that standard wait times no longer apply because the application pool has doubled. I know a lot of you guys are waiting to hear something, but It might take a little longer this year.
 
Soooooo... I called the admissions office to find out why I hadn't received a secondary completion email from MMC. I was a tad bit concerned because I submitted the application 2 weeks ago. I was told that standard wait times no longer apply because the application pool has doubled. I know a lot of you guys are waiting to hear something, but It might take a little longer this year.

Sheesh, I guess everyone is in a hurry because of the MCAT changes lol that and I know a lot of ppl applied earlier this year. *Sight* well thank you for the update. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and try not to freak out until December if I don't hear anything else lol
 
So by passing screening does this mean that you have a decent shot at being considered for an interview?

That you meet the minimum qualifications?
IMO i tend to believe that Meharry does a more thorough screening than other schools. I just got my secondary 3 days ago after about a month of calling and sending emails, all they basically said was be patient. MCAT 27, GPA/cGPA closer to 3.0 chemical engineering major.