2014-2015 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else having trouble logging into the RU connected portal? I made my username and password but it says I don't have access.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the RU connected portal? I made my username and password but it says I don't have access.

Yep! I had the same issue. I called the Rush IT help desk, and the friendly guy who answered helped me reset the password and get it to work.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a 3rd year internal medicine resident, leaving for a cardiology fellowship at Medical College of Wisconsin. I live in a great loft in the West Loop (933 West Van Buren Street), and my landlord is looking for a tenant for June 1, 2015 start date. $1750/month, includes indoor heated parking, water, and cable. The building has a 24 hr doorman, elevator, gym, business center, and common rooftop with 4 grills and city views. The unit itself has a gas fireplace, balcony, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and in-unit washer/dryer.

If you are interested, please email me: [email protected]. I do have pictures. First one to complete the background and credit check with my landlord will get the place.

how long does it take for the financial aid to come in and where do we check it

How do they hand out Merit Scholarships? Do they automatically consider you for them with the Fin-Aid applications?

Withdrew today. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get accepted off the waitlist today?

Jill just called me too! Class of 2019! Those on the waitlist, don't give up til it's over!!! >0<

Reactions: 1 users
On the waitlist, desperately hoping I'll get off. Its only been a week so hopefully luck will be ok my side :) I sent more updates and another intent letter so fingers crossed!!

On the waitlist, desperately hoping I'll get off. Its only been a week so hopefully luck will be ok my side :) I sent more updates and another intent letter so fingers crossed!!

Did you not receive an email from Jill saying that the class is fairly determined now and waitlist movement will be minimum?

So I know it's a little later in the game but do you guys think it's better to address a letter of intent to the dean of admissions (especially at this point in time) or should I just stick to the adcom? Thanks!

Congrats to everyone attending RMC this fall and good luck to those on the waitlist, don't give up! I'll be attending RMC next fall and am looking for places to live in the West Loop area. Please shoot me an e-mail if you're interested and we can talk more about it.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Congrats to everyone attending RMC this fall and good luck to those on the waitlist, don't give up! I'll be attending RMC next fall and am looking for places to live in the West Loop area. Please shoot me an e-mail if you're interested and we can talk more about it.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Did you just recently get off the waitlist?

Since sdn has been so helpful throughout this entire application process, I just wanted to share that I got off the waitlist on Friday! :) Totally stoked. I interviewed on 11/19 and got waitlisted on 12/5. I sent an update letter/letter of interest and two letters of intent, with the most recent one sent on Monday. Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Reading from the last year's thread there were some acceptances from the waitlist in late May and early June. Was the deadline to choose only one med school the same last year as it is this year on April 30th?

Last edited:
Withdrew the other day, hope one of you guys snags that spot!

Quick question for all M2/3/4's. I just got off the waitlist for Rush and received my financial aid package. How similar is financial aid for the M2/3/4 years compared to M1? I got 14k in grants/scholarships and want to make sure I would get something similar in future years.

For reference, I was fully committed to the University of Wisconsin. 47k in loans for Wisconsin vs 55.5k for Rush. Not the biggest difference, so my decision is a very hard one.

Still not added to the class FB, so I'll ask here:
Does anyone know of someone looking for a roommate? Shoot me a PM. Thanks!

For everyone who is accepted, I'm looking for extra white coat ceremony tickets (at least 1). Please PM me if you have extra. Willing to buy.