2014-2015 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did you all get your rejections? By email? Or on the applicant portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol at the pun...and I'm in the same predicament! I feel like I meet most if not all of those criteria...pero no luhhh for me :-/

Yea I feel the same way, it's so difficult to stay patient sometimes. I guess only fools RUSH in.

GET IT?!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having issues logging into the student portal? I've tried using IE with compatibility view and Chrome and can't seem to be able to login to the RU Connected portal.

Is anyone else having issues logging into the student portal? I've tried using IE with compatibility view and Chrome and can't seem to be able to login to the RU Connected portal.
Same. I called and a lot of people are having the same issue so they're fixing it.

First of his name. 3.52/32, OOS. Complete 9/10. Raven arrived 2/5 with rejection letter.

Stannis Baratheon: Prepare to submit the secondaries.
Soldier: But- but- my lord! The wildfire, the lateness... we'll receive hundreds of rejections--
Stannis Baratheon: (Coldly) Thousands.

Reactions: 10 users
Well I was really hoping to stay with a host student but I haven't gotten a response and its time for me to give up and book a room. *grumble grumble* And the Marriot next to the hospital is not offering discounts for interviewing student ....

Well I was really hoping to stay with a host student but I haven't gotten a response and its time for me to give up and book a room. *grumble grumble* And the Marriot next to the hospital is not offering discounts for interviewing student ....

For Marriott you can always try the AAA rate if you're a member, OR, try the code IBM for the corporate codes section when booking. It will usually give you a lower corporate rate. 99% of the time they won't ask you if you're affiliated with IBM anyway when you check in, and even then you can just say that your secretary booked it ;)

As far as Rush goes, I'm still holding on for dear life and hoping for some late II love! Chicago is awesome and I would love to check out Rush. Sorry to those who were rejected and best of luck all around!

Reactions: 2 users
For Marriott you can always try the AAA rate if you're a member, OR, try the code IBM for the corporate codes section when booking. It will usually give you a lower corporate rate. 99% of the time they won't ask you if you're affiliated with IBM anyway when you check in, and even then you can just say that your secretary booked it ;)

Not a AAA member unfortunately. I should have tried that IBM trick tho!! Bah next time. I ended up getting a room at the Holiday Inn & Suites only a few blocks away and right on the blue line for the subway. It was more than 1/2 price compared to Marriott and free internet. Just a heads up if anyone is still looking to book.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in the mean time! Hope you hear some good news from RUSH soon with some late-II love!

Last edited:
Rejected pre-II this morning. Complete early August, LizzyM ~69. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn. Looks like pre II judgement day is arriving soon. I'm waiting for dat axe :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Fellow reject, complete late July, Lizzy M ~70

My dream of living in Chi town is slowly coming to a close

Also rejected pre-interview today. Complete early september. Wasn't expecting much love. Also, it's the first Chicago school I've heard back from.

Also rejected pre-ii. Complete late october. I actually stopped waiting for that ii a while ago so I'm not too disappointed. Good luck to those still in the running!

I'm still in the running strangely, but I can hear the footsteps coming up on me. I'm Rushing to get away

...okay I'll stop with the awful puns now hahaha

Reactions: 8 users
Rejected this morning as well :( good luck to everyone still in the running!!

This flood of rejections has me on edge. Thanks for the updates, everyone... I'm still waiting for mine!

FWIW, I was complete way after y'all.

Sorry to hear about the rejections.. I was complete late August and no word yet.... Wish I had some idea where I stood, especially since we can't submit any updates on our end! Recently sent in another LOR hoping it might trigger some review of my app. Anyone have an idea about how late in the process II are sent out?

dun dun dun... another one bites the dust.

Was holding out hope that I made it through today's rejections but I just got the email. OOS complete 8/22.
After so many months of silence I'm not even surprised.

Refreshing my email. Waitin on that rejection.

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted a while ago and received an invite to second look. Anyone else in the same boat?

For those who received rejections today (I'm sorry!!!!), did you also have a status change via the portal, or was the news delivered via email only?

Waitlisted a while ago and received an invite to second look. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same here. Checked the portal to make sure I didn't miss an email or something, but it would appear that I am indeed still waitlisted.

Same here. Checked the portal to make sure I didn't miss an email or something, but it would appear that I am indeed still waitlisted.
I was told at my interview day that all admitted and waitlisted people are invited to the second look day.

Is anyone else currently debating whether to choose Rush vs Loyola? Both appear to have second look on 4/10. I'm a little stressed about this, because I was really hoping to attend second look at both schools to help me decide... Is there a way to split my day between the two schools? Is that crazy?!

Is anyone else currently debating whether to choose Rush vs Loyola? Both appear to have second look on 4/10. I'm a little stressed about this, because I was really hoping to attend second look at both schools to help me decide... Is there a way to split my day between the two schools? Is that crazy?!
You are crazy. Haha I enjoyed the atmosphere at rush more--it was younger, in the city, and the students were very friendly. That's my opinion though

Yes... Haven't decided what to do yet

Straight rejection. OOS, mid 70s LizzyM.

Based on other posts it looks like they are rejecting people who they don't think will come anyway.

Rejected just now. OOS, LizzyM ~67. Completed mid-July. Oh well, good luck to the rest of y'all!

OOOO, there it is!

Rejected, IS, complete in... December? Completely forgot I had Rush in the mix.

Just got the rejection 30 minutes ago while sitting in a business meeting.
summer-work-4.gif

OOS, LizzyM ~70, Complete early Sept.

does anyone know if they are sending any more ii? or are we all just waiting in line for our number to be up in the next batch of rejections?

Reactions: 5 users
Refreshing my email. Waitin on that rejection.
Annnnnnnd there it is. Rejected via email

FYI: It doesn't change your actual status in the portal (so far) but the rejection is reflected in the communication status section.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users