You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lol at the pun...and I'm in the same predicament! I feel like I meet most if not all of those criteria...pero no luhhh for me :-/
Yea I feel the same way, it's so difficult to stay patient sometimes. I guess only fools RUSH in.
GET IT?!
All these puns are giving me a head Rush.Yea I feel the same way, it's so difficult to stay patient sometimes. I guess only fools RUSH in.
GET IT?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else having issues logging into the student portal? I've tried using IE with compatibility view and Chrome and can't seem to be able to login to the RU Connected portal.
D
deleted642602
Same. I called and a lot of people are having the same issue so they're fixing it.Is anyone else having issues logging into the student portal? I've tried using IE with compatibility view and Chrome and can't seem to be able to login to the RU Connected portal.
Lol at the pun...and I'm in the same predicament! I feel like I meet most if not all of those criteria...pero no luhhh for me :-/
^^ haha whoops, I created a monster
First of his name. 3.52/32, OOS. Complete 9/10. Raven arrived 2/5 with rejection letter.
Stannis Baratheon: Prepare to submit the secondaries.
Soldier: But- but- my lord! The wildfire, the lateness... we'll receive hundreds of rejections--
Stannis Baratheon: (Coldly) Thousands.
Stannis Baratheon: Prepare to submit the secondaries.
Soldier: But- but- my lord! The wildfire, the lateness... we'll receive hundreds of rejections--
Stannis Baratheon: (Coldly) Thousands.
Well I was really hoping to stay with a host student but I haven't gotten a response and its time for me to give up and book a room. *grumble grumble* And the Marriot next to the hospital is not offering discounts for interviewing student ....
For Marriott you can always try the AAA rate if you're a member, OR, try the code IBM for the corporate codes section when booking. It will usually give you a lower corporate rate. 99% of the time they won't ask you if you're affiliated with IBM anyway when you check in, and even then you can just say that your secretary booked it 😉
For Marriott you can always try the AAA rate if you're a member, OR, try the code IBM for the corporate codes section when booking. It will usually give you a lower corporate rate. 99% of the time they won't ask you if you're affiliated with IBM anyway when you check in, and even then you can just say that your secretary booked it 😉
Not a AAA member unfortunately. I should have tried that IBM trick tho!! Bah next time. I ended up getting a room at the Holiday Inn & Suites only a few blocks away and right on the blue line for the subway. It was more than 1/2 price compared to Marriott and free internet. Just a heads up if anyone is still looking to book.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in the mean time! Hope you hear some good news from RUSH soon with some late-II love!
Last edited:
Damn. Looks like pre II judgement day is arriving soon. I'm waiting for dat axe :/
Fellow reject, complete late July, Lizzy M ~70
My dream of living in Chi town is slowly coming to a close
My dream of living in Chi town is slowly coming to a close
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also rejected pre-interview today. Complete early september. Wasn't expecting much love. Also, it's the first Chicago school I've heard back from.
Also rejected pre-ii. Complete late october. I actually stopped waiting for that ii a while ago so I'm not too disappointed. Good luck to those still in the running!
Fakk.
Das boot 🙁
Das boot 🙁
I'm still in the running strangely, but I can hear the footsteps coming up on me. I'm Rushing to get away
...okay I'll stop with the awful puns now hahaha
...okay I'll stop with the awful puns now hahaha
Rejected this morning as well 🙁 good luck to everyone still in the running!!
This flood of rejections has me on edge. Thanks for the updates, everyone... I'm still waiting for mine!
FWIW, I was complete way after y'all.
FWIW, I was complete way after y'all.
Sorry to hear about the rejections.. I was complete late August and no word yet.... Wish I had some idea where I stood, especially since we can't submit any updates on our end! Recently sent in another LOR hoping it might trigger some review of my app. Anyone have an idea about how late in the process II are sent out?
Refreshing my email. Waitin on that rejection.
+1. Do we know what days are left for interviews?Refreshing my email. Waitin on that rejection.
Waitlisted a while ago and received an invite to second look. Anyone else in the same boat?
For those who received rejections today (I'm sorry!!!!), did you also have a status change via the portal, or was the news delivered via email only?
Waitlisted, but no further correspondence. We're you notified via email?Waitlisted a while ago and received an invite to second look. Anyone else in the same boat?
Waitlisted, but no further correspondence. We're you notified via email?
Yeah, e-mail
Waitlisted a while ago and received an invite to second look. Anyone else in the same boat?
Same here. Checked the portal to make sure I didn't miss an email or something, but it would appear that I am indeed still waitlisted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted a while ago and received an invite to second look. Anyone else in the same boat?
Came here to post the exact thing!
I was told at my interview day that all admitted and waitlisted people are invited to the second look day.Same here. Checked the portal to make sure I didn't miss an email or something, but it would appear that I am indeed still waitlisted.
just registered for second look. can't wait to meet you all!
Did you get an email for a second look? I'm waitlisted and didn't hear anything today.just registered for second look. can't wait to meet you all!
Is anyone else currently debating whether to choose Rush vs Loyola? Both appear to have second look on 4/10. I'm a little stressed about this, because I was really hoping to attend second look at both schools to help me decide... Is there a way to split my day between the two schools? Is that crazy?!
You are crazy. Haha I enjoyed the atmosphere at rush more--it was younger, in the city, and the students were very friendly. That's my opinion thoughIs anyone else currently debating whether to choose Rush vs Loyola? Both appear to have second look on 4/10. I'm a little stressed about this, because I was really hoping to attend second look at both schools to help me decide... Is there a way to split my day between the two schools? Is that crazy?!
Yeah got an email. It went to my promotions inbox though which was weird.Did you get an email for a second look? I'm waitlisted and didn't hear anything today.
Is anyone else currently debating whether to choose Rush vs Loyola? Both appear to have second look on 4/10. I'm a little stressed about this, because I was really hoping to attend second look at both schools to help me decide... Is there a way to split my day between the two schools? Is that crazy?!
Yes... Haven't decided what to do yet
Just found mine in my spam this morning!Yeah got an email. It went to my promotions inbox though which was weird.
6
632460
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Second Look Invite also in my "promotions" box. Any other WLers wanting to go?Yeah got an email. It went to my promotions inbox though which was weird.
+1....best of luck to everyone still in the running!Rejected just now. OOS, LizzyM ~67. Completed mid-July. Oh well, good luck to the rest of y'all!
OOOO, there it is!
Rejected, IS, complete in... December? Completely forgot I had Rush in the mix.
Rejected, IS, complete in... December? Completely forgot I had Rush in the mix.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Annnnnnnd there it is. Rejected via emailRefreshing my email. Waitin on that rejection.
FYI: It doesn't change your actual status in the portal (so far) but the rejection is reflected in the communication status section.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K