-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats awesome man. Good luck to you hopefully I'll see you around come next august.That awesome congratulations! I'm a Marine veteran finishing my undergrad at Rutgers. I applied ED just waiting for my July 2nd mcat to post and my application will be complete including the secondary.
It was conversational, definitely not your traditional interview. No formal questions. Just be yourself and talk to the other person like a human being.Can anyone who interviewed for early decision shed some light on what the interview was like and what questions they asked? Thanks!!
I'm about to turn in my Secondary for ED, everything else is in! cGPA: 3.63, sGPA: 3.42, MCAT 32 from top 10 U. What are my chances like?
It's often difficult to give these estimates bc we don't know much of your application (ECs, PS, LORs, secondary, etc). Based on your numbers alone, you are certainly competitive. Good luck!
Would also like to know...Should we assume we are complete if he have submitted secondaries/payment and the LORs are on AMCAS? They don't seem to send complete emails.
Just called- they do NOT email us when we are complete. As long as we send our secondary, MCAT scores and LORs, we should assume everything is good. I guess the next email we wait from them is either an II, a hold (if they do that) or a rejection?
IM IN!!!!!
Does anyone know when they will start to work on Regular Decision applications?
+1
Typically when the are done reviewing applications for early decision. You should interview mid-fall hopefully. Good Luck!Does anyone know when they will start to work on Regular Decision applications?
congrats!! can u please share some stats and ECs and I'm dying to get in here!!IM IN!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats!! can u please share some stats and ECs and I'm dying to get in here!!
ED applicant
Interviewed 6/30/2014
Meet with Dr. Heinrich 7/31/2014
Accepted in person by Dr. Heinrich 7/31/2014
MCAT score 31 (11/9/11)
Science GPA 4.0
Cum GPA 3.97
ECs:
Shadowing ER about 150 hours
Volunteer ER about 125 hours
Plus about 9 other EC on my AMCAS
I don't think they send complete emails, I called the office about 2.5 weeks after I submitted the secondary to ask about my completion statusHas anyone gotten an application complete e-mail after initially submitting the secondary? Submitted mine 11 days ago.
it was really conversational! not very stressful at all - my interviewer was really nice
hey would you mind sharing your stats?
The secondary I got from this school is totally different from the prompts posted earlier am I missing something? the questions are very hard and about pre-professional competencies anyone got a similar secondary?
You're most likely talking about the RWJMS secondary, this is the NJMS thread haha.The secondary I got from this school is totally different from the prompts posted earlier am I missing something? the questions are very hard and about pre-professional competencies anyone got a similar secondary?
hey would you mind sharing your stats?
in-state, early decision, gpa a little under 3.5 but took classes at the graduate school and had a 4.0 from taking 7 credits there, 31 mcat (11/10/10)
i also did research at NJMS with one of their doctors and volunteered in the ED
should we start a FB group for our class?
I submitted my secondary a while ago, and my committee letter just arrived a few days ago....should I be expecting some kind of confirmation e-mail or just a spontaneous interview invitation (assuming I got an interview)? How long does it take for them to invite for interview?
just got mah II!!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing stats and if you're ED?just got mah II!!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing stats and if you're ED?
72 LizzyM (higher mcat than gpa). i'm not ed, regular MD only applicant
EDIT: Thanks!! I'm stoked for this one. sucks u gotta interview within 2 weeks of their invitation tho. no time for mock interviewing D:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No problem! Yeah this is one of my top choices so really hoping to hear back, you'll be fine man just do your research and practice with friends! Stay confident! When were you complete btw?72 lizzym (higher mcat than gpa). i'm not ed, regular MD only applicant
EDIT: Thanks!! I'm stoked for this one. sucks u gotta interview within 2 weeks of their invitation tho. no time for mock interviewing D:
Do you guys know how receptive njms is to in the area emails?
No problem! Yeah this is one of my top choices so really hoping to hear back, you'll be fine man just do your research and practice with friends! Stay confident! When were you complete btw?
Thanks yo, will do! Complete 7/18
EDIT: Complete 7/6, my b
Last edited:
Thanks yo, will do! Complete 7/18
And the worrying begins. Was complete 7/1
I have a question....I am Egyptian but born in the states....what ethnicity should I put. There's no middle eastern option and I don't think I fit in the "White" group (which consists of all Europe and others).....what do you all think?
I work with a middle eastern/north African faculty member at NJMS and he categorized himself as an African American medical school candidate. I'm sure you're fine.
I work with a middle eastern/north African faculty member at NJMS and he categorized himself as an African American medical school candidate. I'm sure you're fine.
Geography =/= race; if you're not of a given race, I wouldn't try to pass myself off as such. Depending on heritage & lineage, people from the Middle East and North Africa can be classified as black or white.
in! ed applicant 🙂
interview: july 29
accepted: aug 11, dean h called around 9:30 pm. i met with him at the end of may to go over my application before i submitted it.
stats: 3.6 gpa, 31 mcat (PS 10/VR 11/BS 10), ~1000 hrs clinical stuff (research, volunteering, etc), had a part-time job in college and was on the executive board of a few clubs and was in my school's women's choir for 4 years
not sure if i can even wait to go another year i just wanna start now l
is there a facebook group yet? O:
interview: july 29
accepted: aug 11, dean h called around 9:30 pm. i met with him at the end of may to go over my application before i submitted it.
stats: 3.6 gpa, 31 mcat (PS 10/VR 11/BS 10), ~1000 hrs clinical stuff (research, volunteering, etc), had a part-time job in college and was on the executive board of a few clubs and was in my school's women's choir for 4 years
not sure if i can even wait to go another year i just wanna start now l
is there a facebook group yet? O:
Just fyi, I emailed them to make sure my application is complete and they informed me that "our screening committee will start to reveiw regular application within the next couple of weeks."
So was @studentofsdn trolling then?Just fyi, I emailed them to make sure my application is complete and they informed me that "our screening committee will start to reveiw regular application within the next couple of weeks."
For those who interviewed, how was the MMI process like because I believe they do that method of interviewing. Stressful? How much time did you get to respond? etc... Would be appreciated since I would very much like to stay in NJ to be near my family!
NJMS does not do MMI, they do a traditional 1 hour faculty interview (and an optional 30 min student interview).
RWJ is the school that does MMI.
NJMS does not do MMI, they do a traditional 1 hour faculty interview (and an optional 30 min student interview).
RWJ is the school that does MMI.
O Whoops wrong school thread, disregard the question.
So was @studentofsdn trolling then?
I can post the text of the e-mail I got if you really would like. I agree it is quite weird that I got it and no one else on this thread seems to have. idk what to make of it.
Noooo I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I believe you I was just confused because I didn't know they started with RD yet. It must mean you're a great applicant!! Best of luck my dude! Sorry again!I can post the text of the e-mail I got if you really would like. I agree it is quite weird that I got it and no one else on this thread seems to have. idk what to make of it.
I only asked if my application was complete, so I don't really know how to interpret what she said to me. She might have just meant that they'd be looking at MY application over the next couple weeks implying that I shouldn't email them again asking about it??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an II today. Do they only conduct interviews on Mondays?
Received an II today. Do they only conduct interviews on Mondays?
Congratz! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Wait did you get some kind of confirmation email or something? All I got was a receipt telling me I paid for the secondary.....Also what is a "II"...is that an interview invite or secondary?Finally Complete. CROSSING MY FINGERS.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K