2014-2015 Tufts University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought schools had to have made enough offers to fill their class by March 15? Are these interviews for wait list positions, then?
I'm not sure. I know schools typically "overaccept," e.g. extending 200 acceptance for 150 seats.
 
I thought schools had to have made enough offers to fill their class by March 15? Are these interviews for wait list positions, then?

I'm not sure. I know schools typically "overaccept," e.g. extending 200 acceptance for 150 seats.
Exactly. Also, on March 15th, every school must report to AMCAS who they have accepted and make that visible to all other schools. Tufts now knows how many and where all their accepted students hold others offers.
 
Exactly. Also, on March 15th, every school must report to AMCAS who they have accepted and make that visible to all other schools. Tufts now knows how many and where all their accepted students hold others offers.

What if you are waitlisted?... Are schools able to see if you are waitlisted or accepted at other schools?
 
Has anyone had any luck contacting the financial aid office this past week? Both my email and phone call have gone unanswered.
 
Try (617) 636-6574. I've called a few times today, and they always pick up. Their fax line, however, is another story.
 
Their timeline thus far would indicate another round of phone calls any day now, maybe a week. And then probably a final round near the end of April, but I'm less sure about that.
 
Exactly. Also, on March 15th, every school must report to AMCAS who they have accepted and make that visible to all other schools. Tufts now knows how many and where all their accepted students hold others offers.

Just realized that this is messed up for another reason. Say you only have one acceptance... is that school going to report that to their finaid office and divvy out aid that way or is the data used only by admissions? If you can't compare aid offers between schools, then schools can technically give you less right?
 
Just realized that this is messed up for another reason. Say you only have one acceptance... is that school going to report that to their finaid office and divvy out aid that way or is the data used only by admissions? If you can't compare aid offers between schools, then schools can technically give you less right?

to be honest, merit scholarship is to attract students who usually have multiple acceptances that are sought after by schools.
 
How, exactly, do admission committees view waitlisted or deferred applicants with no other MD acceptances compared to those with at least one MD acceptance? I understand that they don't hold applicants with another MD acceptance in an unfavorable light based on that information, but I'm curious to find out what that data actually means to adcoms.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe that interviews have concluded. Maybe we'll start to see some movement on the deferred list.
Looking at last year's thread, it seems deferred movement didn't come until after the trafficking deadline... At this point, I would be excited just to get a waitlist notification. I think they do the last round of general interview acceptances this week so maybe we'll hear soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also accepted just now via phone call! I am ecstatic! Congrats to all of you who have been accepted and best of luck to those still waiting!
 
Congrats to the newly accepted! Been deferred since October with a few updates sent along the way. I work in Tufts MC and seeing that phone calls are going out is killing me. Would it be completely weird if I just walked over and asked what my status is? Haha
Same boat. Popular opinion is that deferred is a tacit rejection. Frankly, I have no idea. I was speaking with a mentor of mine who is an adcom at a midwestern program and he found the deferred process to be odd and unique to Tufts.
 
Same boat. Popular opinion is that deferred is a tacit rejection. Frankly, I have no idea. I was speaking with a mentor of mine who is an adcom at a midwestern program and he found the deferred process to be odd and unique to Tufts.
My experience with being deferred is also unique to Tufts. At this point, I just need to know.

Give it to me straight, Tufts. I can take it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called admissions and they told me I was deferred, so I'm guessing deferral emails will go out today