You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Didn't apply this cycle just wondering if anyone knows the numbers of Maine track students and SMP students to regular MD students?
I believe there are approximately 30 Maine track students in a class of 200.
This year it was stated during interviews that there will be 40 Maine Track Seats.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone who interviewed recently ask how full the class is?... are we just interviewing for the waitlist at this point?
Last edited:
Any Maine track people hear back after the deferred decision email yet? Got mine in January
Any Maine track people hear back after the deferred decision email yet? Got mine in January
Not yet. Based off of last year, it looks like they wait until after all interviews are done then make decisions on deferred candidates
When do they finish interviews? I'm in the same boat.Not yet. Based off of last year, it looks like they wait until after all interviews are done then make decisions on deferred candidates
End of March...When do they finish interviews? I'm in the same boat.
Still crossing my damn fingers for this. I'm right next door tufts! Call me ovah!
I also wonder if it is a good sign that many of us missed the waves of mass rejections that came in January? It seems like this is the first year that Tufts has done pre-interview rejections.
I also wonder if it is a good sign that many of us missed the waves of mass rejections that came in January? It seems like this is the first year that Tufts has done pre-interview rejections.
In my case, I think they just forgot to reject me... Same thing happened with a couple of other schools, like NYMC. Missed a few waves and then, boom, inevitable rejection email made its way to my inbox.
But fingers crossed for you guys!
Rejected pre-II today. Knew it was a long shot. Oh well!
Got the boot. Good luck to everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6
632460
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke too soon yesterday... damn lol. also Tufts doesn't do file reviews for its rejects...
"Dear Shrek,
We regret that we will not be able to offer you a position in the TUSM Class of 2019.
As you know, the competition for admission to our medical school is extremely intense. Because our program can accommodate only a limited number of students, and because so many highly qualified candidates have sought admission to the program, we have had to turn away many very good candidates.
Selection of candidates is a complex process that involves the consideration of many factors and the assessment of a candidate’s strengths relative to other candidates in the pool. Due to the complexity and relativity of the process, we are unable to respond to inquiries as to the specific reasons for particular Admissions Committee decisions.
We hope that you have gained or will gain admission to another medical school of your choice. If not, we suggest that you consult with your college pre-medical advisor or another knowledgeable individual who is familiar with your background, interests, and motivation.
Please note that this message applies to all academic programs and clinical training tracks in the TUSM entering class.
Thank you for applying to Tufts University School of Medicine. Please accept my personal best wishes for your future.
Sincerely,
John A. Matias, M.Ed.
Associate Dean of Admissions and Enrollment Services
Tufts University School of Medicine"
"Dear Shrek,
We regret that we will not be able to offer you a position in the TUSM Class of 2019.
As you know, the competition for admission to our medical school is extremely intense. Because our program can accommodate only a limited number of students, and because so many highly qualified candidates have sought admission to the program, we have had to turn away many very good candidates.
Selection of candidates is a complex process that involves the consideration of many factors and the assessment of a candidate’s strengths relative to other candidates in the pool. Due to the complexity and relativity of the process, we are unable to respond to inquiries as to the specific reasons for particular Admissions Committee decisions.
We hope that you have gained or will gain admission to another medical school of your choice. If not, we suggest that you consult with your college pre-medical advisor or another knowledgeable individual who is familiar with your background, interests, and motivation.
Please note that this message applies to all academic programs and clinical training tracks in the TUSM entering class.
Thank you for applying to Tufts University School of Medicine. Please accept my personal best wishes for your future.
Sincerely,
John A. Matias, M.Ed.
Associate Dean of Admissions and Enrollment Services
Tufts University School of Medicine"
.....and rejected pre-II.
.
Last edited:
I'm out!
Damn, thought maybe I would escape this wave of rejections, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
+1Still nothing....
+1
Don't know if I can handle any more rejections/waiting games this week @ConsultantMD !
In my case, I think they just forgot to reject me... Same thing happened with a couple of other schools, like NYMC. Missed a few waves and then, boom, inevitable rejection email made its way to my inbox.
But fingers crossed for you guys!
Oh, i guess they just remembered to reject me!
Survived this cut somehow, maybe there's hope for me! A good friend just got the axe though :-/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Missed the axe again, guess I should submit my update letter sooner rather than later [emoji15]
Congrats. regular MD, maine track or combined?Accepted! Interviewed in early February.
EDIT: I hate being deferred.
Last edited:
haha back on the "rejected but haven't really been rejected yet" boat again. countdown until I get the axe begins now
I was complete like early July and my LizzyM is not great. This happens pretty consistently at this other schools were I miss the first wave or two and then get knocked out. It's a strange black box process!every time there's a wave of pre-II rejections I think I've been spared... then the next day, boom, it's in my inbox.
so I'll probably get the boot tomorrow.
Regular MDCongrats. regular MD, maine track or combined?
EDIT: I hate being deferred.
How were you informed of you acceptance? I interviewed 2/5 and haven’t heard yetRegular MD
Regular MD
Congrats! What date in February was your interview? I had mine on the 10th. Just trying to anticipate a response based on my proximity to your date.
Via phone call from the Dean of AdmissionsHow were you informed of you acceptance? I interviewed 2/5 and haven’t heard yet
Feb. 5th!Congrats! What date in February was your interview? I had mine on the 10th. Just trying to anticipate a response based on my proximity to your date.
Just got a II. Finally.
Is this worth the trip to Boston (coming from the other side of the country)? Am I interviewing for a wait list position?
A friend interviewed earlier this week and made it seem like interviewing at this point was for waitlist spots. Not sure how true that actually is.
A friend interviewed earlier this week and made it seem like interviewing at this point was for waitlist spots. Not sure how true that actually is.
Ah, ok. Thank you for the information - I'm still going to try because I love this school so much 😉
Last edited:
Just got a II. Finally.
Is this worth the trip to Boston (coming from the other side of the country)? Am I interviewing for a wait list position?
Which interview dates are left?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre II rejection yesterday, lizzy m of 72,
Which interview dates are left?
This morning there were 4 interview dates. Now, there are only two (last week of March). Best of luck! 😉
Wait list or not I'm still interviewing, this school is worth it... Btw if you took March 26th I'll see you there[emoji6]... Best of luck to you!This morning there were 4 interview dates. Now, there are only two (last week of March). Best of luck! 😉
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K