You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would any current medical student/other knowledgeable individual comment on if Tufts is P/F pre-clinical?
you can do it through the portalDoes anyone know if Tufts accepts update letters?
Would any current medical student/other knowledgeable individual comment on if Tufts is P/F pre-clinical?
I believe it is H/P/F
This is incorrect.
The curriculum is simply P/F in the pre-clinical years, although you will see your percentages for every exam and class, as well as the mean and median performance. There is no internal grade tracking or ranking going on until 3rd year. 3rd year is technically F/LP/P/HP/H but the vast majority of the class falls into HP or Honors.
This is incorrect.
The curriculum is simply P/F in the pre-clinical years, although you will see your percentages for every exam and class, as well as the mean and median performance. There is no internal grade tracking or ranking going on until 3rd year. 3rd year is technically F/LP/P/HP/H but the vast majority of the class falls into HP or Honors.
Great, thanks!!
Do you know how many people participate in RCP on average?
Okay, I was going off what was mentioned in another thread but its from like 4-5 years ago. Can't really beat your source and all (current student) so you win. 🙂
Lol, happy to help. they actually revamped the entire curriculum 1 or 2 years before I started so it there has certainly been changes.
Great, thanks!!
Do you know how many people participate in RCP on average?
I actually had never heard of that before and haven't the faintest idea about how many people participate. You can always try contacting admissions for the stats though.
for the optional essay, since it's not long enough to say anything really meaningful, would it be weird to just say I finished a summer class (on my amcas as current/future) and did well? just update them on my final grade?
(I have a low GPA but a strong upward trend, so my continued post-bacc classes are important for showing my academic potential - including this summer class)
(I have a low GPA but a strong upward trend, so my continued post-bacc classes are important for showing my academic potential - including this summer class)
Anybody know how friendly they are to IS applicants?
Its a private school... I don't get what your point is. There is going to be more students from Massachusetts than any other state given that more peple apply from Massachusetts than any other state, but I don't think there is much, if any, IS/OOS preference
Anybody know how friendly they are to IS applicants?
From MSAR (#interviewed/verified app):
IS= 181/933 so ~%20
OOS= 731/8999 so ~%8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From MSAR (#interviewed/verified app):
IS= 181/933 so ~%20
OOS= 731/8999 so ~%8
I like those numbers. Looks like there is a decent bit of IS bias
I like those numbers. Looks like there is a decent bit of IS bias
This is a few years old but provides some clues: https://www.amherst.edu/mm/83341
Is likely more of a selection bias.I like those numbers. Looks like there is a decent bit of IS bias
Is likely more of a selection bias.
Wouldn't a selection bias only be for matriculants, not interviewees? I could be wrong.
Not sure. Do those numbers indicate interviews offered or interviews attended?Wouldn't a selection bias only be for matriculants, not interviewees? I could be wrong.
Does Tufts screen for the secondary?
Does Tufts screen for the secondary?
No
Is everyone on the "Ready for Review!"?
Yep
Ugh. There are two extra essays for MD/MPH program. I was going to submit but realized that there are two more. For anyone else applying:
What experience have you had that you consider relevant to the MD/MPH graduate degree program to which you are applying? (Include paid or volunteer work experiences and/or extracurricular activities) (3000 characters or less).
How do you foresee making use of your combined degree training in your future career? Please be as specific as possible (3000 characters or less).
What experience have you had that you consider relevant to the MD/MPH graduate degree program to which you are applying? (Include paid or volunteer work experiences and/or extracurricular activities) (3000 characters or less).
How do you foresee making use of your combined degree training in your future career? Please be as specific as possible (3000 characters or less).
You can submit your initial application and the MD/MPH on later.Ugh. There are two extra essays for MD/MPH program. I was going to submit but realized that there are two more. For anyone else applying:
What experience have you had that you consider relevant to the MD/MPH graduate degree program to which you are applying? (Include paid or volunteer work experiences and/or extracurricular activities) (3000 characters or less).
How do you foresee making use of your combined degree training in your future career? Please be as specific as possible (3000 characters or less).
Eh, my letters aren't in yet, so might as well do it over the weekend. Committee letter doesn't go in till next thurs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh. There are two extra essays for MD/MPH program. I was going to submit but realized that there are two more. For anyone else applying:
What experience have you had that you consider relevant to the MD/MPH graduate degree program to which you are applying? (Include paid or volunteer work experiences and/or extracurricular activities) (3000 characters or less).
How do you foresee making use of your combined degree training in your future career? Please be as specific as possible (3000 characters or less).
Haha I thought the same thing. Just submitted! I guess you can't decide to apply to the MPH program once you have already been admitted to the MD.
Last edited:
So quiet here. As far as multiple MCATs, website says "Many applicants to TUSM apply with more than one set of MCAT scores. Our policy is to consider the two most recent sets of scores and note the higher MCAT total of the two sets."
Can someone confirm that this means superscore (i.e. 9,11,12 and 12,11,10 yields an MCAT of 35)? At least that's the way I'd like to read it.
Or does it mean highest set of scores (in above example 33)? Clarifications would be helpful 🙂
Can someone confirm that this means superscore (i.e. 9,11,12 and 12,11,10 yields an MCAT of 35)? At least that's the way I'd like to read it.
Or does it mean highest set of scores (in above example 33)? Clarifications would be helpful 🙂
It would be the latter.So quiet here. As far as multiple MCATs, website says "Many applicants to TUSM apply with more than one set of MCAT scores. Our policy is to consider the two most recent sets of scores and note the higher MCAT total of the two sets."
Can someone confirm that this means superscore (i.e. 9,11,12 and 12,11,10 yields an MCAT of 35)? At least that's the way I'd like to read it.
Or does it mean highest set of scores (in above example 33)? Clarifications would be helpful 🙂
Can you site somewhere that says it is superscored? It says the higher MCAT total is noted, meaning the set with the higher cumulative score is used.Any other thoughts on this? I have come across conflicting posts about Tufts MCAT policy. Many on here say they superscore, and I find the language ambiguous.
So quiet here. As far as multiple MCATs, website says "Many applicants to TUSM apply with more than one set of MCAT scores. Our policy is to consider the two most recent sets of scores and note the higher MCAT total of the two sets."
Can someone confirm that this means superscore (i.e. 9,11,12 and 12,11,10 yields an MCAT of 35)? At least that's the way I'd like to read it.
Or does it mean highest set of scores (in above example 33)? Clarifications would be helpful 🙂
Sounds like it would be a 33 in your example lol.
Haven't heard anything yet! Submitted secondary 7/15just submitted secondary, waiting on one LOR 😵
anyone who is complete hear anything yet either way?
+1Haven't heard anything yet! Submitted secondary 7/15
Is there a separate thread for the Maine Track this year?
Is there a separate thread for the Maine Track this year?
Not that I know of
I just submitted my secondary here and I was going to work on the MD/MBA app, but have decided to work on the secondaries for other schools first. Do you guys think delaying the MD/MBA app will delay the rest of the app? I'm assuming it won't since the website seems to say you aren't even considered for MD/MBA unless accepted into MD first. However, if the MD committee actually looks at the MD/MBA essays, I do want them to see what I have to say...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you all take up the 3000 characters for the Maine track questions? Seems to be more than I need but feeling weird about it...
Nope. I said what I needed to say in way less characters 🙂
Maine Track II!
Completed 7/16, Maine resident (attending a Maine university as well)
(No word from the Regular M.D. track)
Completed 7/16, Maine resident (attending a Maine university as well)
(No word from the Regular M.D. track)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K