You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Tulane University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Interview date? If you don't mind.Accepted![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jeez, I probably received one of the first II and interviewed a bit before you guys too-- haven't heard back yet though either!
Same! I may call today...Jeez, I probably received one of the first II and interviewed a bit before you guys too-- haven't heard back yet though either!
I also interview on 10/6 and haven't heard anything... hoping that doesn't mean I was rejected 🙁
I called. They said it takes reviewers different amounts of time to review but as soon as a decision is reached they tell you that afternoon 🙂 So if you are like me and anxiously waiting don't worry! They just haven't finished looking at you yet. It is absolutely NOT a rejection.
I called. They said it takes reviewers different amounts of time to review but as soon as a decision is reached they tell you that afternoon 🙂 So if you are like me and anxiously waiting don't worry! They just haven't finished looking at you yet. It is absolutely NOT a rejection.
Does that mean our interviewer? Who is the reviewer? Thanks for calling, by the way!!
Pretty much your full file goes to like a 3 person subcommittee. If you look in your interview materials they detail it there!Does that mean our interviewer? Who is the reviewer? Thanks for calling, by the way!!
Accepted the morning of 10/17. Interviewed the second day (I think?) on 9/19. Weird that the acceptances are tricking out so slowly.
ACCEPTED JUST NOW!!!!!!! Interviewed 9/26
Last edited:
Accepted the morning of 10/17. Interviewed the second day (I think?) on 9/19. Weird that the acceptances are tricking out so slowly.
ACCEPTED JUST NOW!!!!!!! Interviewed 9/26
Congratulations!
Now if my decision would only come out...
How long does it take to get a complete email? I sent my secondary over a month ago and still nothing...
Preach hahaCongratulations!
Now if my decision would only come out...
Acceptance range :/
Got the decision a few hours ago.
Got the decision a few hours ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sames.Acceptance range :/
Got the decision a few hours ago.
sames.
Forgive me, but what does acceptance range mean?
It is sort of like a waitlist/hold.Forgive me, but what does acceptance range mean?
Oh okay thank you.It is sort of like a waitlist/hold.
all this great news from you guys, and I'm here receiving a rejection. kind of expected. goodbye Tulane </3
Accepted! Interviewed 9/19.
It seems as though there is an unusually high post-interview acceptance rate, can anyone confirm this? I'm sitting on 2 WL decisions and Tulane is one of the two schools left that I have yet to hear back from!
Canceling my interview here. Good luck, everyone!
It seems as though there is an unusually high post-interview acceptance rate, can anyone confirm this? I'm sitting on 2 WL decisions and Tulane is one of the two schools left that I have yet to hear back from!
Created an account to network and say this:
Accepted! Interviewed 10/06.
There is a really high rate. I believe it was something over a 60% acceptance rate from interviews and then more realistically something like 70% once you go through the people who give it up due to an acceptance elsewhere.
Wrong thread!
Yup, the most difficult challenge at Tulane med is landing an interview. We love (almost) everybody we see.It seems as though there is an unusually high post-interview acceptance rate, can anyone confirm this? I'm sitting on 2 WL decisions and Tulane is one of the two schools left that I have yet to hear back from!
That's great to hear! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high though because the disappointment of another WL decision would be heartbreaking!! Do you know what kinds of things typically cause applicants to be waitlisted vs. accepted? It seems like they only invite people for interviews who they feel are exceptionally qualified for acceptance.Yup, the most difficult challenge at Tulane med is landing an interview. We love (almost) everybody we see.
That is great! I absolutely loved interviewing here and am so hoping for good news. Interviewed 10/06.Yup, the most difficult challenge at Tulane med is landing an interview. We love (almost) everybody we see.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't, really. I'm not that tight with the admissions committee.Do you know what kinds of things typically cause applicants to be waitlisted vs. accepted?
I mean I suppose it could come from wishy-washy interview feedback, but I always give feedback that is strongly opinionated. Don't worry, the vast majority of my feedback is overwhelmingly positive.
The only way to truly get a bad review from me is if it seems like you don't want to be a doctor at all. I mean, we are a medical school; I don't think that's too much to ask for from the candidate.
Last edited:
Accepted!
Got the email this morning, interviewed in late September and loved the school...As a HUGE Saints fan, I couldn't be more excited about the prospect of getting my medical education in the great city of New Orleans 🙂 Good luck to everyone else, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Got the email this morning, interviewed in late September and loved the school...As a HUGE Saints fan, I couldn't be more excited about the prospect of getting my medical education in the great city of New Orleans 🙂 Good luck to everyone else, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.Got the "Acceptance Range" email this morning (10/27). Interviewed on 10/13. Does anyone know how many people are usually taken from the waitlist?
Zero in the class of 2017. Less people turned down their acceptances than usual, so my class ended up being the biggest ever even without taking anyone off the waitlist. Some students got in off the waitlist in 2018, but I don't know how many. You could try looking at the end of last year's thread to get a rough sample size.
It's worth pointing out that med students can and do attend Saints games, since the stadium is downtown next to the med school and hospitals. It's an extra benefit of the pedestrian nature of New Orleans.Accepted!Got the email this morning, interviewed in late September and loved the school...As a HUGE Saints fan, I couldn't be more excited about the prospect of getting my medical education in the great city of New Orleans 🙂 Good luck to everyone else, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
In fact, even as a busy 3rd year on my rotations, I took the time to attend last night's game. Who Dat! 🙂
Accepted just now! My first one, so it is a huge relief! Interviewed 10/10. So honored to have an offer from such a great school. Will definitely be popping the bubbly and sippin' on sazeracs tonight!
Accepted! Now I can justify the Bailey's I had already put in my coffee!
Accepted! Now I can justify the Bailey's I had already put in my coffee!
It's 10:00 AM somewhere...
Accepted Yesterday! Woohoo!!
Congrats to everyone! Interviewed 9/26
II today! Complete around mid August. The only options available for me were late February which seems far off, but I guess that gives me more time to prepare. Does anyone know around what percent of interviewees are usually accepted?
II. To be honest, I am surprised, but very excited and honored. Are the days all filed up until Feb?
stats? if you don't mind sharing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! Complete around mid August. The only options available for me were late February which seems far off, but I guess that gives me more time to prepare. Does anyone know around what percent of interviewees are usually accepted?
stats?? if you don't mind sharing of course.
My status has been "reject" (since last evening), but I haven't gotten a non-acceptance email. Anyone else in the same boat?
I don't have the exact numbers either, but it is going to be approximately 290 accepted. Applicants used to turn us down a lot more; traditionally half of our acceptees sought opportunities elsewhere. But now for whatever reason more folks are taking us up on our acceptances, so we have to offer fewer of them. We offer fewer interviews than in the past too.II yesterday! LizzyM of 65-70, and I submitted in August.
@Pineapplecoffee - I'm not sure what the interview acceptance rate is exactly, but MSAR shows 456 interviews out of state with 180 matriculated out of state.
stats? if you don't mind sharing
I don't like posting stats, since II's are based on many factors. I will say that my MCAT was below their "average". I was complete in August.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
