You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Tulane University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
YesFor those who have already interviewed, on the online portal does it still say that your interview is scheduled?
Has anyone heard back yet or know for sure how decisions work?
I think I was told a few days after Oct. 15th, but I really want to hear back now 🙁
I think I was told a few days after Oct. 15th, but I really want to hear back now 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Has anyone heard back yet or know for sure how decisions work?
I think I was told a few days after Oct. 15th, but I really want to hear back now 🙁
ADMISSIONS TIMELINE
Primary Application:
Early Decision (August 1)
June 1 – December 15
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Secondary Application and
Documentation:
Early Decision: Sept. 1
January 15
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Interviews: Sept - Feb
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Acceptances:
Early decision (October 1)
October 15 (rolling, thereafter)
"
From their website, so maybe if we're lucky they'll send some great news to everyone!
I mean I guess we could call rather than speculate but what fun would that be? 😉
So nice of you to volunteer
If I weren't in lab I totally would!So nice of you to volunteer
Has anyone heard back yet or know for sure how decisions work?
I think I was told a few days after Oct. 15th, but I really want to hear back now 🙁
I was an ED (um, early decision... just to clarify) applicant, and we were supposed to hear on October 1, but I didn't get any news until October 2.
The suspense is killing me...At the rate I'm checking my email my phone won't last to dinner time
For anyone who has yet to interview, you should NOT stress out about this interview day. Everyone was extremely positive and relaxed, and it was truly a stress-free day. Excited to hear back soon 🙂
+1 super chill day.
The suspense is killing me...At the rate I'm checking my email my phone won't last to dinner time![]()
Me too. Me too......
Me too. Me too......
I'm with you all. ...goes to check email for the 200th time today...
How does everyone know when they were complete? I never got an email...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm with you all. ...goes to check email for the 200th time today...
2013-2014 decisions went out the 22nd, a week after the 15th (a Tuesday), but the 2012-2013 decisions went out right on the 15th (a Monday). So.... yeah I don't know.
So on my Communication Status tab of the online application portal, I have secondary sent, secondary received, and application complete. Those of you who received interviews, do you see an update under that section of your online portal that says something along the lines of interview invitation sent? The reason I ask is that I have had two interview invites miss my inbox and junk mail folders already, so I am worried I may have missed a rejection or invite without the status updating online.
Edit: Complete 8/27.
Edit: Complete 8/27.
Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on 9/13 and I still have not received a complete email and it is not listed in the communication status either. I, however, am listed as "In progess" and complete under application status. Does anyone else have experience with this?
So on my Communication Status tab of the online application portal, I have secondary sent, secondary received, and application complete. Those of you who received interviews, do you see an update under that section of your online portal that says something along the lines of interview invitation sent? The reason I ask is that I have had two interview invites miss my inbox and junk mail folders already, so I am worried I may have missed a rejection or invite without the status updating online.
Edit: Complete 8/27.
I never check he online portal for Tulane (or the others that use the same format). I happened to check it for some reason, and it said the usual "in progress." Right when I logged out, I got an II in my email. Then when I logged in, it said to schedule the interview, or whatever it said. So yes, they do send an email and it does change on the portal.
My interview tab was visible roughly 12 hours before my invite.So on my Communication Status tab of the online application portal, I have secondary sent, secondary received, and application complete. Those of you who received interviews, do you see an update under that section of your online portal that says something along the lines of interview invitation sent? The reason I ask is that I have had two interview invites miss my inbox and junk mail folders already, so I am worried I may have missed a rejection or invite without the status updating online.
Edit: Complete 8/27.
I submitted my secondary on 9/13 and I still have not received a complete email and it is not listed in the communication status either. I, however, am listed as "In progess" and complete under application status. Does anyone else have experience with this?
I'm in the same boat-submitted app on 9/9 with no complete email. Still have heard nothing.
Has anyone tried contacting admissions about wait lists for earlier interview dates? I have one early december (they invited me third week of august and that's all they had!) I've already booked travel but I feel like December interviews are so late! Any feed back, or positive reassurance that they accept lots of people with late interviews <3
Last edited:
Has anyone tried contacting admissions about wait lists for earlier interview dates? I have one early december (they invited me third week of august and that's all they had!) I've already booked travel but Tulane is my top choice and I feel like December interviews are so late! Any feed back, or positive reassurance that they accept lots of people with late interviews <3
Congrats on the interview!
Though I really don't feel December is late. Last year their final interview was 2/28/14. That's over two whole months after your interview!!
I interviewed on 9/19. At that time they said that I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. I called the admissions office today to check on my application status. The woman said that my application was with the committee and is currently under review. She said that I could expect to hear about their decision "within a couple of weeks". She was very pleasant and helpful.
Has anyone tried contacting admissions about wait lists for earlier interview dates? I have one early december (they invited me third week of august and that's all they had!) I've already booked travel but Tulane is my top choice and I feel like December interviews are so late! Any feed back, or positive reassurance that they accept lots of people with late interviews <3
Please don't stress about whether your interview is early/late. All interview slots at Tulane are equal. I interviewed late January last cycle and was accepted 3 weeks later. It doesn't matter.
Ditto. Me and most of the people in my "late" interview date (end of January) were accepted. Go stress about something important, like seafood gumbo versus boiled crawfish, or Bourbon Street versus Frenchmen Street or something. Tulane is not like those other schools.Please don't stress about whether your interview is early/late. All interview slots at Tulane are equal. I interviewed late January last cycle and was accepted 3 weeks later. It doesn't matter.
MAGAZINE STREET FOR LIFEDitto. Me and most of the people in my "late" interview date (end of January) were accepted. Go stress about something important, like seafood gumbo versus boiled crawfish, or Bourbon Street versus Frenchmen Street or something. Tulane is not like those other schools.
So on my Communication Status tab of the online application portal, I have secondary sent, secondary received, and application complete. Those of you who received interviews, do you see an update under that section of your online portal that says something along the lines of interview invitation sent? The reason I ask is that I have had two interview invites miss my inbox and junk mail folders already, so I am worried I may have missed a rejection or invite without the status updating online.
Edit: Complete 8/27.
Yes, my II showed up in my "Communication Status" tab on the application website.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Received the email about an hour ago.
Complete early July and interviewed mid-September. Non-traditional, OOS. Regular decision.
Great school with wonderful people. Honored by this acceptance.
Good luck to everyone else! Just keep overcoming any and all obstacles this crazy process throws at you!
Complete early July and interviewed mid-September. Non-traditional, OOS. Regular decision.
Great school with wonderful people. Honored by this acceptance.
Good luck to everyone else! Just keep overcoming any and all obstacles this crazy process throws at you!
Last edited:
Congrats! Strange how you are the only one who has heard though. What is going on Tulane????Accepted! Received the email about an hour ago.
Complete early July and interviewed mid-September. Non-traditional, OOS. Regular decision.
Great school with wonderful people. Honored by this acceptance.
Good luck to everyone else! Just keep overcoming any and all obstacles this crazy process throws at you!
Last edited:
Congrats! Strange how you are the only one who has heard though. What is going on Tulane????
I second that!
Congrats! Strange how you are the only one who has heard though. What is going on Tulane????
I second that!
I called Friday and the woman at admissions told me that decisions "could go out since Wednesday and would continue to do so as the adcom made decisions" so I guess they've started sending them already
Congrats! Strange how you are the only one who has heard though. What is going on Tulane????
Yeah. It must be my 5.8 GPA and 67 on the MCAT...
I am sure others have received their emails and simply have not posted here. I'm assuming active SDNers are a relatively small sample size?
Anyhow, I'm not complaining...

Edit: Oh, and thank you!
Does that refer to last Wednesday?I called Friday and the woman at admissions told me that decisions "could go out since Wednesday and would continue to do so as the adcom made decisions" so I guess they've started sending them already
Oh I totally agree! But I figured odds are more than 1 would hear...Yeah. It must be my 5.8 GPA and 67 on the MCAT...
I am sure others have received their emails and simply have not posted here. I'm assuming active SDNers are a relatively small sample size?
Anyhow, I'm not complaining...
Edit: Oh, and thank you!
Does that refer to last Wednesday?
Oh I totally agree! But I figured odds are more than 1 would hear...
Yes, they way she worded her answer was extremely ambiguous. I couldn't tell if she was trying to insinuate that decisions have been going out since last Wednesday or if that was just the earliest possible day they could go out
II after being complete 7/29!
Anybody interviewing on October 27th have any interest in splitting a taxi with me after the interview back to the airport? My flight is at 6pm on the 27th back home. After looking online, a taxi for 2 seems to be the best option. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Superdome as well, so that would make it more convenient. PM if you are interested
Hmm. Well I'm sure we will hear soon! 🙂 Good luck!!!Yes, they way she worded her answer was extremely ambiguous. I couldn't tell if she was trying to insinuate that decisions have been going out since last Wednesday or if that was just the earliest possible day they could go out
I'm in!! Good luck to the rest of you
Accepted 😀
Waitlisted (acceptance range). Bummed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview dates???
Interview dates???
9/15 first interview day
9/15, first day of interviews.Interview dates???
Accepted 😀
So we don't have to send a deposit in to secure our spot, just accept the admissions offer, correct?
So we don't have to send a deposit in to secure our spot, just accept the admissions offer, correct?
That's the way I understood it. We can accept our spot, choose to pay now or not pay now, but we need to pay our deposit by April 30th.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K