2014-2015 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when they will start sending interview invites?
They said that they are reviewing secondaries submitted the week of the 14th right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just call the admissions office, they are very nice. :)
So does that mean that they have sent out interview invites to people the submitted their secondaries in the first 2 weeks of July? Has anyone received any interview invites?

Considering they haven't even had the mock MMI yet I doubt they will be doing interview until September. Checked last years thread to see what's typical, first interview invite was sent 08/19/13 for 09/07/13 according to the SDN thread.

Hey there, just wanted to chime in and say I was selected to do the mock MMI as well. I work as a scribe and one of the doctor's sons who was just admitted to Phoenix told me that the process to select the participants for the mock MMI is mainly based on previous interview experience, which I believe someone earlier mentioned. Anyway, can't wait to meet some of you guys there this Saturday and good luck to everyone waiting on IIs!

I got an interview invite today! Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite!!! Booked for September 6th!! SO EXCITED! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! Stats and IS/OOS? if you don't mind!! when were you complete?

Thank you!! I'm OOS so I was really excited to get this opportunity! 3.6/29 and I can't remember the exact date I was complete, but sometime around mid-July. Sending out good luck to all those waiting :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! 3.5/30 IS
I was complete on 6/23, received secondary on 7/2 and submitted on 7/8

Reactions: 1 user
Shucks :/ Got en email saying no II. OOS 3.8/30. Not one of my top choices but still would have like to check it out. Best of luck to everyone else!

Shucks :/ Got en email saying no II. OOS 3.8/30. Not one of my top choices but still would have like to check it out. Best of luck to everyone else!
+1

First response post-secondary! Placed on hold. CA resident 3.8/29. Hoping for the best!

Got put on hold today. At this school is that a good thing or a bad thing usually?

Hey same here, but did they tell you that your application will stay under consideration and you may be invited at another date? That's what mine said so I'm wondering if they just send that out to everyone. I wanna know if I should keep my hopes for this one or not.

Hey same here, but did they tell you that your application will stay under consideration and you may be invited at another date? That's what mine said so I'm wondering if they just send that out to everyone. I wanna know if I should keep my hopes for this one or not.

?

Last edited:
I got the preliminary rejection today as well :/ OOS 3.8/30. Like our friends before me, they said that I might be offered an interview at a later date, but I'm not counting on it. Best of luck to everyone else!

Congrats on the interviews!

For the rest of us who got that hold email, on last years thread people were put on hold and then offered interviews later in the cycle. We're still in this!

Congrats to all those with an II. Anybody get an interview that was complete after 7/29?

So is the hold email different than the "we're not giving you an interview but we could later" email?

For the people with II when were you complete and congrats!!

I received the same response: no invite at this time but I'll remain under consideration. OOS, LizzyM~70, complete early July.

Anyone know how this status bodes for us? Did very many people get an II sometime after receiving this?

Lol we have almost exactly the same information, and ended up with the same result.

On hold...

Did some browsing from last year and I see several posts of people getting II's after getting the hold email. It's not the worst thing ever.

Though the embarrassment of me shouting, "I have an interview! I have an interview!" was pretty bad haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol we have almost exactly the same information, and ended up with the same result.

On hold...

Sorry, bro.

Congrats to everyone with invites.

Last edited:
silence for me.... maybein the morning?

OOS 3.9+ 33 ... complete 7/17

anyone know what the number interviewed is and % interviewed that get accepted?

I've read that they get 6000 applications and give about 600 interviews for a class of 100 or so... not the answer to your question but it may grant some insight.

I've read that they get 6000 applications and give about 600 interviews for a class of 100 or so... not the answer to your question but it may grant some insight.

Thanks a lot. I think they said they have 120 spots? I'm assuming 50% at least matriculate that get accepted so probably 200-300 acceptances? Maybe...?

Got an II here yesterday, looking forward to it! One of my top choices.

HOLD:(
welp at least its not a flat out rejection right?

HOLD:(
welp at least its not a flat out rejection right?

don't lose hope! based on last year's thread, there were many people who moved from hold to II.... when were you complete?

Got an II as well yesterday! 31 MCAT, 3.9+ GPA, IS

anyone know what the number interviewed is and % interviewed that get accepted?
I don't think this is actually possible to calculate since it can be variable from year to year. People will interview, get accepted, but decide to go to other medical schools. Very few medical schools are transparent on these stats.