You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Central Florida Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
received the call this afternoon![]()
what's your position on the waitlist? in-state or OOS?
top 1/6. OOSwhat's your position on the waitlist? in-state or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also accepted. Got the call this afternoon 🙂 (Top half of upper third) OOS
Last edited:
Also accepted. Got the call this afternoon 🙂 (Top half of upper third)
In-state?
From Second Look, for those who weren't able to attend: http://med.ucf.edu/news/2015/04/admitted-applicants-take-second-look-at-ucf/
Also accepted off the wait list (top 1/6th, IS)! UCF UCF UCF!
Only slightly freaking out because I haven't gotten a phone call.. And I was in the top 1/6... 🙁 anybody else in the same boat?
Same! Ugh hahahOnly slightly freaking out because I haven't gotten a phone call.. And I was in the top 1/6... 🙁 anybody else in the same boat?
Same! Ugh hahah
+1. If I am reading traffic rules correctly, if we are accepted off the waitlist today, we have two weeks to decide between schools but if we are accepted on May 1 or later, we only have 5 days to hold multiple acceptances, if we are so fortunate. So maybe from the Adcom perspective it makes more sense to accept the majority of waitlisters after the May 1 deadline. Just a thought but still doesn't do much to ease my nerves.
@REL can we get some information as to how far along the wait list we are and also if there will be more calls going out today and tomorrow?
Accepted!!!! Ucf com class of 2019!!!!
YAY!!! Congratulations!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was so much more movement last year!
I'm hoping there's still a lot movement and the people getting called just aren't on sdn. Honestly, I'm hoping for more movement than previous years.
Yeah, last year around the deadline people from the bottom half of the upper 1/3 were being accepted. Hope we can get an update from @REL soon 🙂
I hope they continue calling tomorrow too, I've been in the top 1/6th since January and I've only heard silence. Hopefully a ton of people waited till the last minute to withdrawI'm hoping there's still a lot movement and the people getting called just aren't on sdn. Honestly, I'm hoping for more movement than previous years.
Yes we are moving. There are several things to consider: roughly 190 on list, divide by 3 = 63 in each 1/3, = 31.5 in each half; consider deadline last year was May 15 whereas movement started in the past in very late April, now you have cut down to 1 acceptance on April 30 = lots going on in April - finals, prep for graduation, etc. so as humans we normally work on deadlines, so yes, there is a lot more movement AT the deadline instead of before. If you are in the upper 1/3 you will get an offer, we've never missed this and I dont expect it this year.
As for traffic rules acceptances offered on May 1 and for the next several weeks requires a program to give you AT LEAST 5 days until they get closer to their start date. Schools may give more if they choose. I have always continued the "14 days to decide" for many weeks after the deadline, I am going to reduce it 10 days this year. Before this year the rules said "adequate time" was to be given, so some programs in FL and elsewhere felt like 24 hours was "adequate." The rules were changed to ensure you got more time. It is a big decision and you have to make it for the right reasons. I feel strongly that you need time to do that. Taking care of students is important and it starts with admissions. Those programs that start early (late May, early June) are allowed to reduce time fairly quickly. Those programs can offer you less than 5 days almost immediately because time is very short for them.
As for traffic rules acceptances offered on May 1 and for the next several weeks requires a program to give you AT LEAST 5 days until they get closer to their start date. Schools may give more if they choose. I have always continued the "14 days to decide" for many weeks after the deadline, I am going to reduce it 10 days this year. Before this year the rules said "adequate time" was to be given, so some programs in FL and elsewhere felt like 24 hours was "adequate." The rules were changed to ensure you got more time. It is a big decision and you have to make it for the right reasons. I feel strongly that you need time to do that. Taking care of students is important and it starts with admissions. Those programs that start early (late May, early June) are allowed to reduce time fairly quickly. Those programs can offer you less than 5 days almost immediately because time is very short for them.
Last edited:
Accepted! This was my top choice of the schools I visited. Top 1/6, in-state. Good luck to those still waiting for the good news.
Accepted yesterday afternoon!!!!!!!! IS, top 1/6th. I will definitely be attending in the fall. Good luck to all still waiting!
I like how candid they are about the fact that you will get in off the waitlist, but I also find it kind of odd that they guarantee you admission without admitting you.
Yea, I wish I was on a part of the waitlist where that was the case =/. I'm hoping the waitlist moves a bunch.
Other schools have told me that you're most likely to hear replies from waitlists in June. I've got my fingers crossed for you!Yea, I wish I was on a part of the waitlist where that was the case =/. I'm hoping the waitlist moves a bunch.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Other schools have told me that you're most likely to hear replies from waitlists in June. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Likewise to you 🙂, are you on the waitlist? If so, what portion?
I was in the "upper one-half of the top one-third". They offered me admission on the 30th. I'm definitely going.Likewise to you 🙂, are you on the waitlist? If so, what portion?
I was in the "upper one-half of the top one-third". They offered me admission on the 30th. I'm definitely going.
awesome. IS or OOS? I hope you to see there this year 🙂.
ISawesome. IS or OOS? I hope you to see there this year 🙂.
Just got the call and am proud to say that I will be attending UCF this fall!
Peculiarly (although there's a good chance that I may have misheard REL because of the very poor reception at my school), I believe I was upper half of middle third, OoS
Peculiarly (although there's a good chance that I may have misheard REL because of the very poor reception at my school), I believe I was upper half of middle third, OoS
No Middle 1/3 movement yet, still working upper 1/3.Any IS middle third movement today?
No Middle 1/3 movement yet, still working upper 1/3.
Thank you for the update REL.
I'm curious. At this point is there any difference between IS and OOS? There's a lot of mention of it, but now that waitlist positions are set does it make a difference?Any IS middle third movement today?
We are going to maintain a ~75/25 balance in the class, therefore as students withdraw from one category we will replace them with that same category; ie. IS for IS, OOS for OOS.I'm curious. At this point is there any difference between IS and OOS? There's a lot of mention of it, but now that waitlist positions are set does it make a difference?
ACCEPTED!!! Yay! Lower half of Upper Third, IS!
It's been kinda quiet... Anyone been accepted recently?
I got an email for may update saying they would be delving into the top of the middle 2/3 this week! That's all i got for ya 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email for may update saying they would be delving into the top of the middle 2/3 this week! That's all i got for ya 🙁
Yeah I got that email too. Did you also get an email about being placed on the alternate list?
Yeah I got that email too. Did you also get an email about being placed on the alternate list?
I did, I don't know if there's a difference between alternate list and waitlist though...
Yeah I got that email too. Did you also get an email about being placed on the alternate list?
I got the same emails. Hope it's soon 🙂
I did, I don't know if there's a difference between alternate list and waitlist though...
I'm on the waitlist too but didn't receive a message about the alternate list. Could you post what the email said? I'm really curious and maybe I could help figure out what it means.
I'm on the waitlist too but didn't receive a message about the alternate list. Could you post what the email said? I'm really curious and maybe I could help figure out what it means.
Didn't say much other than that we've been moved to the alternate list and we could be contacted soon for an acceptance. Also, it says to look out for a possible email from certiphi.
Where are you on the waitlist?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

