You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When is everyone interviewing that has gotten an invite? I am interviewing Oct. 22nd.
10/15When is everyone interviewing that has gotten an invite? I am interviewing Oct. 22nd.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is everyone interviewing that has gotten an invite? I am interviewing Oct. 22nd.
10/7, bit earlier than I hoped for in terms of airline tickets, etc.
Last edited:
When is everyone interviewing that has gotten an invite? I am interviewing Oct. 22nd.
Oct 9!
Is anyone actually interviewing in mid-late September? Or does Mizzou start interviewing later than most schools?
Is anyone actually interviewing in mid-late September? Or does Mizzou start interviewing later than most schools?
Mizzou just starts interviewing later than most schools I think. I'm a re-applicant and last time I interviewed during their first week of interviews and it was the first week of October.
Are the people who got II's early decision candidates? I'm from Missouri and the Office of Admissions told me I was guaranteed an interview, but I've yet to receive an invitation.
Are the people who got II's early decision candidates? I'm from Missouri and the Office of Admissions told me I was guaranteed an interview, but I've yet to receive an invitation.
What do you mean by guaranteed an interview? Just curious.
Are the people who got II's early decision candidates? I'm from Missouri and the Office of Admissions told me I was guaranteed an interview, but I've yet to receive an invitation.
I'm an regular decision applicant
Are the people who got II's early decision candidates? I'm from Missouri and the Office of Admissions told me I was guaranteed an interview, but I've yet to receive an invitation.
I am a regular decision applicant. (instate)
Last edited:
What do you mean by guaranteed an interview? Just curious.
MO residents with a certain GPA and MCAT cut off are guaranteed an interview, in past years this has been a 3.5 and 30, I believe.
Are the people who got II's early decision candidates? I'm from Missouri and the Office of Admissions told me I was guaranteed an interview, but I've yet to receive an invitation.
I know someone who applied last year and was also 'guaranteed' an interview, but they never received it. They emailed the admissions office about it later, but never got a response.
It seems that though it is stated that Missourians are guaranteed an interview with certain stats, apparently not in all cases. However, I wouldn't worry just yet. There is plenty of time in interview season, especially since Mizzou starts interviewing later and most people won't hear their admissions decisions until mid March.
I'm a regular decision OOS applicant.
Regular decision OOS.
MO residents with a certain GPA and MCAT cut off are guaranteed an interview, in past years this has been a 3.5 and 30, I believe.
I know someone who applied last year and was also 'guaranteed' an interview, but they never received it. They emailed the admissions office about it later, but never got a response.
It seems that though it is stated that Missourians are guaranteed an interview with certain stats, apparently not in all cases. However, I wouldn't worry just yet. There is plenty of time in interview season, especially since Mizzou starts interviewing later and most people won't hear their admissions decisions until mid March.
I've been told by the honors college at Mizzou that its a 3.5 and a 28 for in-state applicants.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I actually just received an interview yesterday. Thanks for the help guys! I just prematurely freaked out...
When were you complete...? Thanks!Yeah, I actually just received an interview yesterday. Thanks for the help guys! I just prematurely freaked out...
I was completed 7/17. Just trying to ball-park interview times.
Also, did anyone's status change from "submitted" to "under review" or "interviewed" or anything...?
I'm confused. I thought we couldn't check statuses with Mizzou...
I'm confused. I thought we couldn't check statuses with Mizzou...
Don't see anywhere on the secondary applications and all communication has been through email.
I received an email from someone at Mizzou prompting me to apply, although I'm OOS no ties with 3.1/30 and URM. Is it worth me adding this application this late?
I received an email from someone at Mizzou prompting me to apply, although I'm OOS no ties with 3.1/30 and URM. Is it worth me adding this application this late?
Huh thats interesting. Who emailed you from Mizzou? Have you ever applied to MU in the past?...I am just curious as to why they would email you out of the blue. Worth it? Totally up to you. It is getting late in the cycle, but MU does have a longer window than most schools I think...
Someone in the diversity office...I just don't want to waste money if they aren't even going to consider me for real. They seem to be super hard on OOS applicants. But it was a very personalized email.Huh thats interesting. Who emailed you from Mizzou? Have you ever applied to MU in the past?...I am just curious as to why they would email you out of the blue. Worth it? Totally up to you. It is getting late in the cycle, but MU does have a longer window than most schools I think...
Someone in the diversity office...I just don't want to waste money if they aren't even going to consider me for real. They seem to be super hard on OOS applicants. But it was a very personalized email.
I have met some of the people in the diversity office, really nice people... Well, do you have any ties to MO/have you applied there in the past? What are your ECs?
I don't have any ties and my ECs are pretty diverse. Lots of work with the underserved, created a magazine, mentored at a prison, Genetics research, etc. Just not sure that I would have a chance with such a low GPA but I was encouraged in the email to applyI have met some of the people in the diversity office, really nice people... Well, do you have any ties to MO/have you applied there in the past? What are your ECs?
I don't have any ties and my ECs are pretty diverse. Lots of work with the underserved, created a magazine, mentored at a prison, Genetics research, etc. Just not sure that I would have a chance with such a low GPA but I was encouraged in the email to apply
Well not sure what you want anyone on here to say... Definitely apply? Definitely don't apply? You will probably end up wasting your money, but you never know until you try.
lol thanks? I'll contact them directly.Well not sure what you want anyone on here to say... Definitely apply? Definitely don't apply? You will probably end up wasting your money, but you never know until you try.
Edit
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected pre-secondary :/ bummed, but not totally surprised. I am OOS (contiguous) and my stats aren't what they would consider 'exceptional'. But I was hoping some other aspects of my application would get me a shot at the secondary. Best of luck to the rest of you!! I really feel like Mizzou is a hidden gem. Great school in a fun college town. Definitely would have gone there if accepted.
Rejected pre-secondary :/ bummed, but not totally surprised. I am OOS (contiguous) and my stats aren't what they would consider 'exceptional'. But I was hoping some other aspects of my application would get me a shot at the secondary. Best of luck to the rest of you!! I really feel like Mizzou is a hidden gem. Great school in a fun college town. Definitely would have gone there if accepted.
If it makes you feel better I was rejected pre-secondary from Nebraska and W. Virginia
Also II! Complete mid august oos (strong ties)
Stats please, if you don't mind.Also II! Complete mid august oos (strong ties)
Not to get all panicky but do you think its too late to apply to more schools?
Not to get all panicky but do you think its too late to apply to more schools?
yes it is getting late but I think you can apply to more schools even now as long as you submit your secondary applications within the next 2 weeks (as soon as you can).
try to find schools like Mizzou that start interviews late.
I received an email from someone at Mizzou prompting me to apply, although I'm OOS no ties with 3.1/30 and URM. Is it worth me adding this application this late?
My advisor has told me that these schools are worth a shot. They don't send random ppl an email encouraging them to apply. They probably sent you this because you clicked the option for Med-MAR when you took the MCAT which basically sends your score and some other info to schools who are looking to increase diversity. If you're OOS you do have to fill out a form where you provide reasons on why they should consider giving you a secondary (yours would be increasing diversity). I have a higher GPA but lower MCAT than you and got the secondary today, a week after adding them to my AMCAS (I got this email from the diversity office too). I'm hoping to turn in the secondary tomorrow. It sounds like you have tons of ECs and so with your good MCAT and being URM I think you have a shot. If you're still iffy, you can call the diversity office (the number is in the email I believe) and talk to them, the guy is really nice.
Nice mind sharing when you were complete?II in mid oct! way psyched. in state
Stats? if you don't mind.II in mid oct! way psyched. in state
Stats? if you don't mind.
Sure. LizzyM = 73. Seriously can't wait for this interview - Mizzou has a great program thats very affordable for us in-staters
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice mind sharing when you were complete?
7/29
When were you complete?Man seeing you guys with great LizzyMs are making me so nervous. I've got a LizzyM of 65 and I'm IS, but I'm still getting no love 🙁
7/20
Well if it makes you feel better, I'm right there with you sister. LizzyM <657/20
Hey me too, guys! LizzyM <65 IS, complete 8/4 Hoping for the best!!Well if it makes you feel better, I'm right there with you sister. LizzyM <65
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K