You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm not applying here, but jeeze you guys sure are a talkative group! already 6 pages!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sure that's what the adcom said when they got my 8k essay, I noticed the prompt changed that same afternoon....I'm not applying here, but jeeze you guys sure are a talkative group! already 6 pages!
bummer!I am sure that's what the adcom said when they got my 8k essay, I noticed the prompt changed that same afternoon....
Strange email from VCU a few hours ago. In part:
"The initial file review screening by our subcommittee has identified you as a strong candidate. We begin the interview process in early September. Once a committee member has completed the final review and you are offered an interview, please schedule the interview through the online directions. Mrs. Agnes Mack, the Director of Admissions, has overall responsibility for scheduling interviews and she is assisted by Mr. Joshua Quinn."
This doesn't seem like an interview invite, but it does seem to imply one is coming. I'm just confused why they would send an email like this? Am I supposed to do anything at this point?
"The initial file review screening by our subcommittee has identified you as a strong candidate. We begin the interview process in early September. Once a committee member has completed the final review and you are offered an interview, please schedule the interview through the online directions. Mrs. Agnes Mack, the Director of Admissions, has overall responsibility for scheduling interviews and she is assisted by Mr. Joshua Quinn."
This doesn't seem like an interview invite, but it does seem to imply one is coming. I'm just confused why they would send an email like this? Am I supposed to do anything at this point?
I am fairly certain that does mean you will get an invite. I would just sit back and relax.Strange email from VCU a few hours ago. In part:
"The initial file review screening by our subcommittee has identified you as a strong candidate. We begin the interview process in early September. Once a committee member has completed the final review and you are offered an interview, please schedule the interview through the online directions. Mrs. Agnes Mack, the Director of Admissions, has overall responsibility for scheduling interviews and she is assisted by Mr. Joshua Quinn."
This doesn't seem like an interview invite, but it does seem to imply one is coming. I'm just confused why they would send an email like this? Am I supposed to do anything at this point?
Strange email from VCU a few hours ago. In part:
"The initial file review screening by our subcommittee has identified you as a strong candidate. We begin the interview process in early September. Once a committee member has completed the final review and you are offered an interview, please schedule the interview through the online directions. Mrs. Agnes Mack, the Director of Admissions, has overall responsibility for scheduling interviews and she is assisted by Mr. Joshua Quinn."
This doesn't seem like an interview invite, but it does seem to imply one is coming. I'm just confused why they would send an email like this? Am I supposed to do anything at this point?
Wow, that is certainly good news! Congrats, I'm sure you'll be getting an II.
Strange email from VCU a few hours ago. In part:
"The initial file review screening by our subcommittee has identified you as a strong candidate. We begin the interview process in early September. Once a committee member has completed the final review and you are offered an interview, please schedule the interview through the online directions. Mrs. Agnes Mack, the Director of Admissions, has overall responsibility for scheduling interviews and she is assisted by Mr. Joshua Quinn."
This doesn't seem like an interview invite, but it does seem to imply one is coming. I'm just confused why they would send an email like this? Am I supposed to do anything at this point?
what are your stats? how did your LORs get in? mine still havent come 🙁
According to this thread, several people don't have their LORs in yet. I wouldn't worry!
My stats are right around VCU's averages, and I'm IS so maybe that helps. Not URM, veteran, etc.
My stats are right around VCU's averages, and I'm IS so maybe that helps. Not URM, veteran, etc.
Wondering if anyone still has the status of their primary app under review? I'm OOS with 30 / 3.8 and verified 6/5...
You're def not the only one. I'm OOS with GPA/MCAT of 3.73/36 and verified 6/5 and still nothing. It's starting to bug me.Wondering if anyone still has the status of their primary app under review? I'm OOS with 30 / 3.8 and verified 6/5...
LOL I'll worry about interviews when I get them. I applied to 22 schools. If VCU doesn't send me the secondary by the time I complete my first few interviews, I'm not gonna worry too much.yea im in this base too. it's a bit troublesome consider they've already started emailing about potential interviews. hopefully they have a way of mediating this recommendation letter delay issue.
You're def not the only one. I'm OOS with GPA/MCAT of 3.73/36 and verified 6/5 and still nothing. It's starting to bug me.
that's weird... because i'm 3.43/32 and I got the secondary a week ago
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You probably have more EC's and a more compelling PS than I do.that's weird... because i'm 3.43/32 and I got the secondary a week ago
You probably have more EC's and a more compelling PS than I do.
I don't think they would screen by reading the personal statement and my works/activities?
I could see them looking at hours of volunteering or something along those lines. But I agree, I didn't get the impression that they had read over yet when I called. I believe anyone who is sending out secondaries this early is probably sorting by numbers, not essay content. You can't read 2000+ applications in 5 days, or rather you probably can, but I don't think they did.I don't think they would screen by reading the personal statement and my works/activities?
Just called about the essay prompt change in case anyone was wondering about that! For me, the OLD prompt was showing on the review screen right before you submit. The guy I talked to said to still submit the new question's answer. I'm sure there are several people inquiring about it, so I wouldn't worry if you did the long prompt. 🙂
Officially submitted, fingers crossed!
Officially submitted, fingers crossed!
Hahahahaahahahahaahahah wowwwww VCU 🤣
I already did the other prompt and submitted, like a week ago! ****. I know we won't be penalized, but I feel like I should have waited or something. :/
@farnell
the new one is far trickier to write though, so i think you lucked out
I'm early decision and I still haven't gotten a secondary yet....my application has already processed but my LORs aren't in though so I'm not sure it that makes a difference?have any Early Decision applicants gotten their secondaries yet?
I'm early decision and I still haven't gotten a secondary yet....my application has already processed but my LORs aren't in though so I'm not sure it that makes a difference?
I don't think so. I submitted my secondaries and my letters still aren;t in yet
hey sourtherncs, I started a thread for VCU SOM early decision people...maybe we can keep all the ED stuff updated on there and let each other know when we get secondaries and interviews etc. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-2015-vcu-som-early-decision.1084375/have any Early Decision applicants gotten their secondaries yet?
Does anyone's file say complete? they received my secondary, green card copy, the fee and the letters (which reflects on their website) but I'm still incomplete.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine shows they received my LORs last week, but still not complete.Mine finally changed to complete today. I submitted my secondary 7/6 and it took a few days for the LOR's to show as received but after that it immediately switched to complete.
probably taking time to process the green card which I sent in 2 days ago.
submitted everything 7/7.. so 1 day after you, but letters were processed earlier. I'll wait till the end of the week.When was the last of the required materials submitted? I'd give it a day or two after that date and then contact them if it still hasn't changed.
So on the site, for LOR it says 3 letters of recommendation from those who know you well from a supervisory position.
I called the office to ensure there were no specific requirements for these LOR and they said nothing specific required, but on the secondary site when I click on the "INCOMPLETE" link, it says
I called the office to ensure there were no specific requirements for these LOR and they said nothing specific required, but on the secondary site when I click on the "INCOMPLETE" link, it says
- Letters of Recommendation --2 Science and 1 Non-Science OR Prehealth Committee Packet (see the Instructions/Forms section for more details)
FINALLY received VCU secondary just now! AMCAS verified 6/5, LOR's already received.
Mee too omg. Hahah thank The Lord. If I were to pass mayos screen and not vcus id be really worried something were wrong with my lorsFINALLY received VCU secondary just now! AMCAS verified 6/5, LOR's already received.
Secondary also received.
Me too! I just got it! Looks like I'll be writing an essay tonight 🙂
I submitted 7/2 and sent green card next morning, letters marked revived 7/2 but also currently incomplete. I called today and they said it could take one to two weeks to add. Hopefully we are complete soon though.Does anyone's file say complete? they received my secondary, green card copy, the fee and the letters (which reflects on their website) but I'm still incomplete.
Deleted. Answered my own question
Last edited:
Finished and submitted VCU secondary just now!
Has anyone else had any difficulty logging in? I received an email that my status had changed, which I am hoping means I received a secondary, but I haven't been able to log in. I've tried Firefox and Internet Explorer, and triple checked my AAMC ID number. I'm putting in my PIN correctly, too (bday), and it keeps telling me "We're sorry. Your AAMC ID or your pin was not found."
Any thoughts? Next step is to email their tech support, but I wanted to double check and make sure I am not doing anything dumb.
Thanks!
Any thoughts? Next step is to email their tech support, but I wanted to double check and make sure I am not doing anything dumb.
Thanks!
This exact same thing is happening to me!!! Not sure what to do...will you tell me what tech support tells ya?Has anyone else had any difficulty logging in? I received an email that my status had changed, which I am hoping means I received a secondary, but I haven't been able to log in. I've tried Firefox and Internet Explorer, and triple checked my AAMC ID number. I'm putting in my PIN correctly, too (bday), and it keeps telling me "We're sorry. Your AAMC ID or your pin was not found."
Any thoughts? Next step is to email their tech support, but I wanted to double check and make sure I am not doing anything dumb.
Thanks!
EDIT: I clicked the "forgot pin" and it emailed me NOT my birthday...I guess I must have set up a different pin before when they sent me that original email and just totally forgot about it! So I'd rec clicking the forgot thing and they'll email it to you pretty quickly!
This exact same thing is happening to me!!! Not sure what to do...will you tell me what tech support tells ya?
EDIT: I clicked the "forgot pin" and it emailed me NOT my birthday...I guess I must have set up a different pin before when they sent me that original email and just totally forgot about it! So I'd rec clicking the forgot thing and they'll email it to you pretty quickly!
<facepalm> Me too. Thanks very much for saving me from myself! : )
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
5
588442
Did the prompt for this question change overnight? I swear I saw the curable cancer prompt the first time I logged in. But now I see a different prompt --> 2000 characters and about menstrual cramps. Any thoughts?Yes, same as last year. And curable cancer question is not short if they are giving you 8000 characters.
The admissions page has an announcement regarding the essays and the character limits- be sure to pay attention to it.
Thanks for the update, but I actually can't find this. Can anyone point me towards this?
Before you actually input your aamc id and pinThanks for the update, but I actually can't find this. Can anyone point me towards this?
Before you actually input your aamc id and pin
Thanks!