You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Boston University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Bout 40%
That number seems way off, they interview over 1,000 applicants.
I only have the OOS numbers, but they accepted 346 out of 895 interviews (38.66%). Most schools send many more offers than they have spots for.That number seems way off, they interview over 1,000 applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only have the OOS numbers, but they accepted 346 out of 895 interviews (38.66%). Most schools send many more offers than they have spots for.
The 895 seems light, I am fairly certain that number was well over 1,000 last year. Shout out to Abecks. #autoacceptance
MSAR has 171 IS, 825 OOS, and 73 international which comes to 1069 interviews. I only gave the OOS number for interviews above. I still think the acceptance rate is near 40% overall though.The 895 seems light, I am fairly certain that number was well over 1,000 last year. Shout out to Abecks. #autoacceptance
Edit: I had values for MSAR and US News which is why they don't match up exactly. They could vary year to year.
I interviewed last year bruh but ok.That number seems way off, they interview over 1,000 applicants.
Hey all, just wanted to know if I'm wasting my time and money applying here as an OK resident and no real strong ties to Arkansas. MCAT of 26, cGPA 3.68, sGPA 3.64, plenty of volunteer and healthcare experience. Strongly considering because it is close to OK and a great school, but I'm not sure if they would give me the time of day. Thanks!
I'm assuming this is posted in the wrong thread...but no, I don't think a lack of ties to Arkansas will hurt your application to Boston University 😛Hey all, just wanted to know if I'm wasting my time and money applying here as an OK resident and no real strong ties to Arkansas. MCAT of 26, cGPA 3.68, sGPA 3.64, plenty of volunteer and healthcare experience. Strongly considering because it is close to OK and a great school, but I'm not sure if they would give me the time of day. Thanks!
wow yes wrong thread, my bad!
I feel super lucky to have received an II here this morning! Submitted 7/6 complete 8/24.
Any Bostonians have pertinent travel advice? The link from their email isn't working...
Any Bostonians have pertinent travel advice? The link from their email isn't working...
I'm staying at the Hampton across the street. They do a free shuttle service to and from the airport apparently.
I've been complete since before some people on here that got IIs, so I don't think they necessarily update you on rejection/II right away.Any rejections from Boston yet ? Just wondering if they send all the rejections at once! Do they give you an update right after they review your app (rejection/II)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks . I think no news is good news in most cases 🙂 I am not so hopeful to get an II since I am Canadian LizzyM 71 (Low CARS). We will see 🙂I've been complete since before some people on here that got IIs, so I don't think they necessarily update you on rejection/II right away.
does anyone have a link regarding hotel accommodations near BU Medical campus for the interview? the link just didn't work from their email
Many students also offer to host applicants for interview days. They send out the link of people willing to host you and how to contact them with or soon after the interview offer.
Do they offer a student host program for overnight stay before the interview? I haven't seen anything about it on the information sent out.
yes we do! The contact sheet isn't fully compiled yet, so they haven't sent it out. But many of the students who live in the residence building or elsewhere will list their contact info and all that good stuff and it will get sent out soon.
By text?? That's awesomeII this AM via text and then by email ! Complete 7/21, LizzyM 73
Their portal gave an option to sign up for text alerts...I got texts for all of my complete/on hold/hold satisfied, etc. notifications in addition to the email. Still hoping to get another text from them soon...By text?? That's awesome

Just got an II here yesterday! Complete 8/3! Super excited 🙂 good luck to everyone!
is this the first II for an August complete date???!!! Fiiiiinally!Just got an II here yesterday! Complete 8/3! Super excited 🙂 good luck to everyone!
is this the first II for an August complete date???!!! Fiiiiinally!
i was complete 8/3; got my II offer 8/20
The 895 seems light, I am fairly certain that number was well over 1,000 last year. Shout out to Abecks. #autoacceptance
Just read through this thread since I posted last, why am I getting a shoutout? Hahaha
And just some travel advice from someone who's been in the city for awhile as I know someone above asked; a really good way to go is to stay at any hotel that's on the green T line as BU runs a bus that stops at the Kenmore Square T stop (which is directly accessible from any green line T stop). This BU bus stops directly in front of the med campus and is a super cheap way of getting to the school and really opens up your options of places to stay. Sorry if that was a bit of a confusing explanation, but feel free to PM me with any questions about the city (been here 6 years now)!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you wondering about transportation? If so, I can answer those questions pretty easilyAny current students I could PM?
1st round: interviews from Sept-Dec; they send out acceptances, rejections and deferrals in JanuraryCan anyone explain what the rounds mean for interviews? I have an interview for Round 1 (Nov). Does it just mean I get a decision earlier
2nd round: interviews from Jan-Mar(?); they send out acceptances, rejections and review they people who were deferred the 1st round. They also waitlist at this time
No but thank you!Are you wondering about transportation? If so, I can answer those questions pretty easily
II today. It says II sent by email today (9/8) but I have no email yet. I just saw it in my portal, complete 8/21. Either it takes a while for the system to send the email or this is a tease lol.
Probably a system lag. People at UVA have reported the same. Grab your spot before other people get their emails! 😉II today. It says II sent by email today (9/8) but I have no email yet. I just saw it in my portal, complete 8/21. Either it takes a while for the system to send the email or this is a tease lol.
I already learned that lesson the hard way lolProbably a system lag. People at UVA have reported the same. Grab your spot before other people get their emails! 😉
Congrats! Could you let us know IS/OOS and stats possibly?II today. It says II sent by email today (9/8) but I have no email yet. I just saw it in my portal, complete 8/21. Either it takes a while for the system to send the email or this is a tease lol.
OOS, Lizzy M 74, also URMCongrats! Could you let us know IS/OOS and stats possibly?
Good deal, thanks! Best of luckOOS, Lizzy M 74, also URM
For anybody who is interviewing on October 28th, I warn you. The American College of Emergency Physicians is having their annual conference in Boston (huge conference) from the 26-28th, so you can bet that flight/hotel prices will be inflated.
For anybody who is interviewing on October 28th, I warn you. The American College of Emergency Physicians is having their annual conference in Boston (huge conference) from the 26-28th, so you can bet that flight/hotel prices will be inflated.
Aw man. Time to beg my friend to let me stay over 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And just as importantly, try to stay out of your local ER, seeing as everyone is gone =DFor anybody who is interviewing on October 28th, I warn you. The American College of Emergency Physicians is having their annual conference in Boston (huge conference) from the 26-28th, so you can bet that flight/hotel prices will be inflated.
My application there was complete 8/19, OOS, Lizzy M 76
not a peep 🙁
not a peep 🙁
Lol... I've been complete since 7/16 without anything... so.... the worst is yet to come 😉My application there was complete 8/19, OOS, Lizzy M 76
not a peep 🙁
Lol... I've been complete since 7/16 without anything... so.... the worst is yet to come 😉
Complete July 9th and nothing, beat that

Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K