You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Boston University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did the MAMS program as well, and got my II recently as well. BU will be my first interview this application cycle as well! As a sorta freaking-out postbacc guy, I had been trying to figure out for the last 5 pages what "II" had meant. Is this some premed nomenclature that I missed out on? The 2nd part of the application process? The second batch of interview offers? Doh...just "interview invite." 😛
Secondary complete: 7/22, II mid-September
Secondary complete: 7/22, II mid-September
II on 9/16, complete on 8/17!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the boot! (complete July 16th)
Good luck to everyone else! 😛
Good luck to everyone else! 😛
Writing secondaries like this: http://tinyurl.com/od3q7hs
This cracked me up @TUVIX
This cracked me up @TUVIX
Submitted my app on 8/16, never got a complete email or anything like it but today my status on the portal change to "Your application is complete and under review," is this the same status that people who are "complete" have? Still no "complete" email for me yet, so I'm curious.
I received a complete email and have that same status. Have you checked your spam folder? One of BU's initial emails to me ended up in spam for some reason.Submitted my app on 8/16, never got a complete email or anything like it but today my status on the portal change to "Your application is complete and under review," is this the same status that people who are "complete" have? Still no "complete" email for me yet, so I'm curious.
Nope, no email from them. It's a little strange, but I'll take it as a good sign. Do you know how long you've had that status?I received a complete email and have that same status. Have you checked your spam folder? One of BU's initial emails to me ended up in spam for some reason.
I've had it since 07/22, which was the same day I received the complete e-mail.Nope, no email from them. It's a little strange, but I'll take it as a good sign. Do you know how long you've had that status?
Just got the email hahaI've had it since 07/22, which was the same day I received the complete e-mail.
Also rejected, OOS, lizzy m ~70. Good luck to everyone!
Last edited:
Also rejected, OOS, lizzy m ~70. Good luck to everyone!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
complete date?
waiting somewhat patiently .. complete 8/31
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, you are not. I was bummed to find out.Does anyone know if you are considered for the MD program if you apply to the MD/PhD program and fail to get in?
Oh, I won't be going to the interview if I get it then lol. Also I found out that there is no stipend.No, you are not. I was bummed to find out.
7/16complete date?
waiting somewhat patiently .. complete 8/31
First med school rejection lol. Good luck to those in the running 🙂
Sorry about that, mind posting complete date?First med school rejection lol. Good luck to those in the running 🙂
Rejected. Complete 7/23.
Sorry about that, mind posting complete date?
I was complete late July!
Rejected in this latest wave. Complete 7/15. Good luck to everybody still under review!
Was this today????Rejected here.
YeahWas this today????
Got a rejection email. My heart literally ached a little because Boston is one of my favorite schools and I'm almost mad that they did not want me after I worked so hard to get the sharp upward trend in my GPA.
rejected today too, and from my alma mater! Good luck yall 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear that. My alma mater won't even let me apply to its medical school because I don't meet their minimum 3.6 cGPA cut-off. Well guess whose fault is that?rejected today too, and from my alma mater! Good luck yall 🙂
Last edited:
Rejected this morning, complete 7/16.
Rejected as well. Complete 7/13. 518 MCAT and 3.99 GPA.
This is very bad news...Im dunzo...waiting for the axe to fall...Rejected as well. Complete 7/13. 518 MCAT and 3.99 GPA.
I'm curious, anyone rejected/get an II that is a reapp to BU?
Were you guys notified of the rejection via email or portal?
Both. Although I saw the email before I checked the portal.
Received an email.Were you guys notified of the rejection via email or portal?
I'm curious, anyone rejected/get an II that is a reapp to BU?
Me! II on 9/14, and I did not have an II the first time that I applied.
Rejected, complete mid July, 72-75, OOS. Really wanted an excuse to get some of that Boston chowda
Hmmm... complete 7/21 and still haven't heard back. They must be going out of order.
Hmmm... complete 7/21 and still haven't heard back. They must be going out of order.
Shhh...I'm in the same boat and rationalizing this as a good sign. I submitted an update last week though so that might have something to do with it.
lol a week ago? you should expect to wait a few months..Shhh...I'm in the same boat and rationalizing this as a good sign. I submitted an update last week though so that might have something to do with it.
Hmmm... complete 7/21 and still haven't heard back. They must be going out of order.
I was a casualty in the Great BU Rejection of 2015, and I was also complete 7/21. Who knows what kind of order they go in. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Every school goes out of order. We have no evidence that this is a linear process. I was complete basically the same date as you, still waiting as well. We're probably in the "maybe II" pile lolHmmm... complete 7/21 and still haven't heard back. They must be going out of order.
Maybe... but I'd fall out of my chair in surprise if I got an II from here!Every school goes out of order. We have no evidence that this is a linear process. I was complete basically the same date as you, still waiting as well. We're probably in the "maybe II" pile lol
FWIW I submitted 7/8, was put on hold 7/20 (no handwritten signature on one of my letters), and then complete 7/21, so maybe that's messing with their system.
Every school goes out of order. We have no evidence that this is a linear process. I was complete basically the same date as you, still waiting as well. We're probably in the "maybe II" pile lol
Actually BU is seemingly up front about the fact that they do it in order per their complete email: "Applications are reviewed in the order in which they were completed (...)". It seems perfectly likely that they have just such a "re-review" pile.
Post-II response doesn't come until January at the earliest 
You think this was bad? Check the Pittsburgh thread, that was truly a massacre.I was a casualty in the Great BU Rejection of 2015, and I was also complete 7/21. Who knows what kind of order they go in. Good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
