You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm also at no decision...does this happen before or after "is and complete"?
I believe before. I think the timeline may be...no decision --> is and complete --> file complete and will be reviewed. Don't quote me on that though...people with IIs may be able to confirm this.
i think it went from no decision to interview but not completely sure b/c i didn't check the portal too oftenI believe before. I think the timeline may be...no decision --> is and complete --> file complete and will be reviewed. Don't quote me on that though...people with IIs may be able to confirm this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when decisions will be made for September interviewees?
I just remember they said the decision would arrive by snail mail after October 15th. Anybody recall any other details?Does anyone know when decisions will be made for September interviewees?
anyone else get placed on spring hold? Complete end of July. Bummer
Did they email you, or was it on the portal?
+1. Complete 7/29. According to last year's thread, it isn't a rejection, as there were a few people who did receive IIs in the spring. Guess I don't have to worry about this school now for a while.anyone else get placed on spring hold? Complete end of July. Bummer
No email, just a message on the portal.Did they email you, or was it on the portal?
For me the email came about 5 days after I noticed it on the portal (wasn't checking everyday), for what its worth.
Has anyone called about still being no decision?
+2anyone else get placed on spring hold? Complete end of July. Bummer
my status just changed to "is and complete" today
complete email on 9/15
How long from this status to an interview/rejection/hold?
complete email on 9/15
How long from this status to an interview/rejection/hold?
my status just changed to "is and complete" today
complete email on 9/15
How long from this status to an interview/rejection/hold?
+1 Completed early September.
my status just changed to "is and complete" today
complete email on 9/15
How long from this status to an interview/rejection/hold?
Pretty sure I've had that since the end of August...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just checked the portal, I got put on hold until Spring :/
my status just changed to "is and complete" today
complete email on 9/15
How long from this status to an interview/rejection/hold?
I've been "is and complete" for about a month now and still waiting...
I've been "is and complete" for about a month now and still waiting...
Oh jeez, more waiting haha

Complete 8/28...still at no decision 

D
deleted642188
Complete 8/28...still at no decision![]()
Same boat... they said to wait at least 3 months....
Same date and same statusComplete 8/28...still at no decision![]()
Complete 8/28...still at no decision![]()
Same boat... they said to wait at least 3 months....
Same date and same status
Complete 8/19 and silence :/
Try 08/06
Try 08/06
08/05, checking in!
08/04 - story of my life
8/20 here -__-08/04 - story of my life
II here sometime last week! OOS LizzyM 70, complete 8/20. 🙂 Let me know if you guys want any more info.
It seems like most people are finding out they received II by logging into their portal rather than receiving an email notification.
Does your case follow this trend?
It seems like most people are finding out they received II by logging into their portal rather than receiving an email notification.
Does your case follow this trend?
Nope, got an email. I have a specific filter for emails with words like "medical school" and "admissions" in them, so maybe that helps? Maybe it would've shown up earlier in the portal, but checking too often was making me a bit neurotic, so I only try to go on my portals about once a week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got hold status. Was on is and complete previously (don't remember when. But everything was in on 8/10).
Try 08/06
08/01 here
08/01 here
This phenomenon is occurring across many allopathic schools.
The real question is the following: Are there so many applicants THIS particular cycle that medical schools are super behind?
"No decision is currently available" - submitted 8/5
"No decision is currently available" - submitted 8/5
This process is truly random...hang on! you aren't alone.
I've been complete since 7/31 and still no news... Fingers crossed!
They could be behind, but I wonder if part of the issue is that a lot of schools that do rolling admissions still pick and choose who to review first, so some applicants who were complete very early on will not be reviewed until after people who submitted weeks after they did.This phenomenon is occurring across many allopathic schools.
The real question is the following: Are there so many applicants THIS particular cycle that medical schools are super behind?
Randomly decided to check the portal today, saw that I've been placed on hold until spring.
I'm sorry to hear that, but it is not a flat out rejection, and that's what matters! Do you mind letting me know when you were complete? Sorry if you mentioned this earlier, it is so hard to keep track with 15 pages!
Not to be snippy, but if you haven't noticed this thread is literally a cluster F of people who were complete at all different times with random statuses some being no decision (me) others being is and complete others with IIs with emails others with IIs without emails, people who've been put on hold. literally complete date means nothing at this pointI'm sorry to hear that, but it is not a flat out rejection, and that's what matters! Do you mind letting me know when you were complete? Sorry if you mentioned this earlier, it is so hard to keep track with 15 pages!
I'm sorry to hear that, but it is not a flat out rejection, and that's what matters! Do you mind letting me know when you were complete? Sorry if you mentioned this earlier, it is so hard to keep track with 15 pages!
No problem! I don't recall receiving an email informing me that I was complete, so unfortunately I don't know. But I submitted my secondary July 30.
Question is, is there a difference between "Your file is and complete and will be reviewed" and "No decision is currently available" ?
I'm right there with you. Submitted same date, also put on hold today.No problem! I don't recall receiving an email informing me that I was complete, so unfortunately I don't know. But I submitted my secondary July 30.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it helps, I went from decision is unavailable to file is complete and will be reviewed. I was in the no decision status for over a month and it recent switched to the second status
If it helps, I went from decision is unavailable to file is complete and will be reviewed. I was in the no decision status for over a month and it recent switched to the second status
Were you waiting on anything like LORs or MCAT that could have led to the change?
Not to be snippy, but if you haven't noticed this thread is literally a cluster F of people who were complete at all different times with random statuses some being no decision (me) others being is and complete others with IIs with emails others with IIs without emails, people who've been put on hold. literally complete date means nothing at this point
I was just asking to get a timeline, but my apologies. Every school is different so I just thought I'd ask to see if Drexel was one of those that was more linear. Should've read previous posts more, sorry.
i haveHas anyone completed AFTER 8/28 moved to the "is and complete" phase?
not trying to be rude, its just a long cycle ya know. sorry if I came off in the wrong way, don't wanna be meanI was just asking to get a timeline, but my apologies. Every school is different so I just thought I'd ask to see if Drexel was one of those that was more linear. Should've read previous posts more, sorry.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
