2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uh, wut. Indeed, I changed my pw after I was told to by email. That pw proceeded to NOT work, and now my old one does. And the status/decision portal took "gno4ij14219i3-]4`3]`r,efjepiwhqofn" as my password, and worked. :wtf:
upload_2015-10-20_19-47-4.png
 
Anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive the letter in the mail after your status changes on the portal?
 
Anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive the letter in the mail after your status changes on the portal?

Looking at last year's thread, the first letters were received on 10/21. It looked like it was a full 7 days for most applicants, though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just spoke to a woman at the admissions office who claims that the decision letters have not been processed yet
 
Part of me believes that she was just blowing smoke. I would encourage others to call and see if they could get a more helpful response from a different committee member
Premed neuroticism at its best. Why would she lie to you?

Don't bombard them with calls asking the same questions people, it's just going to make processing more slow for everyone.
 
Premed neuroticism at its best. Why would she lie to you?

Don't bombard them with calls asking the same questions people, it's just going to make processing more slow for everyone.

Agreed-- just because a decision is made doesn't mean letters are sent the same day. Remember they're still interviewing and setting up everything that accompanies the acceptance (like scholarships??!!)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone actually gotten the "final decision" status? Maybe they only have one post interview status update this year.
 
I interviewed 10/7 and my status just changed to "Your file is currently under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University." Does anyone know anything about around how long it took for it to change from this to the "decision" status?
 
I interviewed 10/7 and my status just changed to "Your file is currently under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University." Does anyone know anything about around how long it took for it to change from this to the "decision" status?

It changes first to "Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University." It took a week to switch to that status (changed on 10/22). I am still waiting for a decision status.
 
Any advice from those who've already interviewed here? I saw an earlier post mentioning that the faculty interview is open file, but is there more than one interview or just one member?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone actually gotten the "final decision" status? Maybe they only have one post interview status update this year.
I think last year they changed the "final decision" status to a general "The Admissions Committee has reached a decision on your application. A letter will be mailed to your preferred address," which can mean accepted, waitlisted or rejected. My status changed to the decision status sometime last week. Good luck to everyone receiving letters in the next coming days! 🙂
 
True. I was just noticing that the 10/7 interviewees had at least been told the admin comm is reviewing their app, but no doubt I will know when I know 🙂.
 
I interviewed on 10/2 and my status just changed today to "Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine went from "no decision is currently available" to "is and complete". According to email, I have been complete since early September.
 
Mine went from "no decision is currently available" to "is and complete". According to email, I have been complete since early September.

I never got a complete email, and although I know that they have everything, I've been "no decision is currently available" since early August. :boom:
 
I interviewed here on 10/2. Since then, my application decision popup page reads "Thank you for visiting Drexel's Queen Lane campus. We hope that your day at Drexel answered all of your questions about our programs. Continue to check this site for status updates. Please email or call us with any questions." I have never had any change in status. Is this normal?