-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
According to an earlier post, someone saw in the last years thread that there were a few that were taken off of spring hold at the end of February/early March. So there's no real way to tell how it can be viewed.GUYS/GALS! My status page says to be "re-evaluateed" in the Spring.
What does this mean? Is this a good thing or a polite rejection?
GUYS/GALS! My status page says to be "re-evaluateed" in the Spring.
What does this mean? Is this a good thing or a polite rejection?
People have not gained the spring re-evaluation status, so it's certainly positive.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GUYS/GALS! My status page says to be "re-evaluateed" in the Spring.
What does this mean? Is this a good thing or a polite rejection?
Can you post the whole status? I'm confused, were you on spring hold and then it changed to this?
I feel like it is probably the spring hold status, but who knows it might be something new.Can you post the whole status? I'm confused, were you on spring hold and then it changed to this?
People have not gained the spring re-evaluation status, so it's certainly positive.
Pretty sure this is just the spring hold status. The status itself mentions "re-evaluated"... here it is for reference:
Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine.
Pretty sure this is just the spring hold status. The status itself mentions "re-evaluated"... here it is for reference:
Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine.
Yes, that's what mine said. Sorry for the confusion.
Also, does anyone know when the last interview is? Is it in late February or late March? AAlso, does Drexel accept update letters? Thanks everyone!
I believe they only accept updates if you have interviewed.Yes, that's what mine said. Sorry for the confusion.
Also, does anyone know when the last interview is? Is it in late February or late March? AAlso, does Drexel accept update letters? Thanks everyone!
Pretty sure this is just the spring hold status. The status itself mentions "re-evaluated"... here it is for reference:
Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine.
Right. What I mean is that it's better than a pre-II rejection, which some in this thread have said to have received via snail mail.
So yesterday it hit 57 degrees and I am still on Spring hold. Thanks Drexel.
I'm a grad student at Drexel with fairly comperable stats and activities. Still on spring hold.
Thanks Drexel. >_>
Thanks Drexel. >_>
Has anybody who's been accepted been able to successfully schedule a visiting day for the PIL curriculum? I've been trying to contact the PIL office for over two weeks without any response
I emailed them a few months ago when I was acceoted, and no response since..
What is the response time between interview and decision here?
I interviewed 10/27 and found out 12/23
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would anyone mind sharing what their interview was like here? I just got an invite! What's the interview style? How many interviews do applicants do? Is it closed or open-file? Are interviews in the morning or the afternoon?
Thanks in advance!! 🙂
Thanks in advance!! 🙂
congrats! open-file, one 30-min interview with a faculty member. morning starts off with a presentation, you get your schedule with an interview, a short essay on some ethical problem (don't worry it's easy), lecture audit, and a break. 30 minute each, and schedule varies by person. then lunch and tour with students, and you're out by 2pm!Would anyone mind sharing what their interview was like here? I just got an invite! What's the interview style? How many interviews do applicants do? Is it closed or open-file? Are interviews in the morning or the afternoon?
Thanks in advance!! 🙂
Did everyone get an email before getting an acceptance letter?
What is the latest interview date people have heard back from?
Hi! Thanks for the info.congrats! open-file, one 30-min interview with a faculty member. morning starts off with a presentation, you get your schedule with an interview, a short essay on some ethical problem (don't worry it's easy), lecture audit, and a break. 30 minute each, and schedule varies by person. then lunch and tour with students, and you're out by 2pm!
Do the number of interviews different from applicant to applicant as well? In my confirmation, it says that there'd be "two half hour interviews".
Also, how'd you like the campus/area? I've never been to that part of the country and have spent most of my life in urban areas, but i do love the outdoorsy lifestyle. I guess I'm asking, how did you decide whether this was a good fit for you?
Hi! Thanks for the info.
Do the number of interviews different from applicant to applicant as well? In my confirmation, it says that there'd be "two half hour interviews".
Also, how'd you like the campus/area? I've never been to that part of the country and have spent most of my life in urban areas, but i do love the outdoorsy lifestyle. I guess I'm asking, how did you decide whether this was a good fit for you?
Everyone from my interview day had one half hour interview.. Maybe it's different for you?
You only get to see the medical school campus, which is just one big building. It's far from the main (undergrad) campus, the hospital, or the city, so I recommend exploring on your own if you have time. I'd say I found Drexel a great fit for me, because 1) their curriculum is amazing, esp PIL, 2) very high-tech: you'll hear all about their phone apps and websites and all, 3) you can get best of both urban/suburban lives, depending on where you choose to live (the hospital is in the city, the medical campus is outside the city, public transportation is great), 4) you get to spend your clinical clerkship year in multiple different locations, 5) everyone seems very supportive, genuine, talented, fun - with 250+ people, you'll always find a great group of people to hang out with/study with/do whatever you'd like to do. One of the medical students ended the tour with "choose where you can find support, because medical school is going to be tough," which is a great advice.
Thanks so much for your input. I also just realized that i thought this was the Dartmouth thread which explains my confusion... 🙂Everyone from my interview day had one half hour interview.. Maybe it's different for you?
You only get to see the medical school campus, which is just one big building. It's far from the main (undergrad) campus, the hospital, or the city, so I recommend exploring on your own if you have time. I'd say I found Drexel a great fit for me, because 1) their curriculum is amazing, esp PIL, 2) very high-tech: you'll hear all about their phone apps and websites and all, 3) you can get best of both urban/suburban lives, depending on where you choose to live (the hospital is in the city, the medical campus is outside the city, public transportation is great), 4) you get to spend your clinical clerkship year in multiple different locations, 5) everyone seems very supportive, genuine, talented, fun - with 250+ people, you'll always find a great group of people to hang out with/study with/do whatever you'd like to do. One of the medical students ended the tour with "choose where you can find support, because medical school is going to be tough," which is a great advice.
Still on hold for Drexel.
Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Did anyone here apply early to Drexel? Would love to hear your thoughts about the process if you could PM me. Would you say it is easier to get in if you apply under Early Decision?
(Yes I am on Spring hold buy my finance lives in Philly and I'm considering applying under ED in the fall)
(Yes I am on Spring hold buy my finance lives in Philly and I'm considering applying under ED in the fall)
Hey everyone! I was put on Spring hold about 2 months ago and just checked my portal to see an interview invite!!!!!!
Have hope.
Have hope.
Yes congrats!!Hey everyone! I was put on Spring hold about 2 months ago and just checked my portal to see an interview invite!!!!!!
Have hope.
I'm still at "your file is complete and will be reviewed"
I received a letter today that said "I regret that it will not be possible to offer you a place in the first year class entering in August 2016" after interviewing on 1/6. Is that pretty much a flat-out rejection without even a waitlist spot?
Sounds like it 🙁 sorry, trueblue.I received a letter today that said "I regret that it will not be possible to offer you a place in the first year class entering in August 2016" after interviewing on 1/6. Is that pretty much a flat-out rejection without even a waitlist spot?
Sounds like it 🙁 sorry, trueblue.
Yay, glad I wasted $550 flying to and staying in Philadelphia...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status has been: "Thank you for visiting Drexel's Queen Lane campus. We hope that your day at Drexel answered all of your questions about our programs. Continue to check this site for status updates. Please email or call us with any questions." since interview day 5 weeks ago. Is this typical?
So I just interviewed on 1/28 and I have this status:
Your file is currently under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University.
Does this mean I will be hearing back soon?
Your file is currently under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University.
Does this mean I will be hearing back soon?
Congrats! Were you ever on hold or anything ?II via portal! Complete Nov 19th! 503 MCAT 3.5 GPA OOS
Congrats! Were you ever on hold or anything ?
Was just under review
II via portal! Complete Nov 19th! 503 MCAT 3.5 GPA OOS
Congrats!! What dates are currently still available for interview?
Congrats!! What dates are currently still available for interview?
2 more weeks in March...not sure about April. The portal doesn't allow you access once you schedule
And thank you 🙂 good luck!!2 more weeks in March...not sure about April. The portal doesn't allow you access once you schedule
So I just interviewed on 1/28 and I have this status:
Your file is currently under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University.
Does this mean I will be hearing back soon?
Haha no, I've had that since a few days after interviewing beginning of January.
"Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine."
🙁
🙁
+1"Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine."
🙁
+2... He's Faithful!!
+2 He is Faithful!
I've had that status for 8 wks!My status has been: "Thank you for visiting Drexel's Queen Lane campus. We hope that your day at Drexel answered all of your questions about our programs. Continue to check this site for status updates. Please email or call us with any questions." since interview day 5 weeks ago. Is this typical?
Hey guys, does drexel reject straight out. I think i was placed on hold for the spring through the portal. Please advise.
Anyone had luck after being placed on hold? All the best to everyone still in the fight!
Anyone had luck after being placed on hold? All the best to everyone still in the fight!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, Drexel does do some straight pre-II rejections. Looking at last years thread, it did appear that a few people were offered II's after being placed on spring hold, but I think it's fairly rare.Hey guys, does drexel reject straight out. I think i was placed on hold for the spring through the portal. Please advise.
Anyone had luck after being placed on hold? All the best to everyone still in the fight!
I was offered an interview last week after being on Spring hold!
I was offered an interview last week after being on Spring hold!
Congrats! When were you placed on hold?
Very beginning of January.
I was offered an interview last week after being on Spring hold!
Did you send them an update after being placed on spring hold? (grades, activities etc...)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K