2015-2016 Georgetown University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you feel like that wasn't covered by your committee letter (if you have one), I'd say go for it, but don't make it a pity party. Be smart!
 
Denied, 73 Lizzy M, 2000+ hours medical community service at Georgetown.
Well that's just pretty damn messed up. Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of other good opportunities at other schools with your numbers. I would contact georgetown and ask for feedback to make sure there's no red flags though.
 
LOL new member here ! After reading ur comments I feel like I can alrdy see my rejection letter coming toward me 🙂) LizzyM 71 (low CARS). Well I am hoping to get at least an II before the rejection letter from GT :/ Did anybody get an II with low verbal/CARS ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL new member here ! After reading ur comments I feel like I can alrdy see my rejection letter coming toward me 🙂) LizzyM 71 (low CARS). Well I am hoping to get at least an II before the rejection letter from GT :/ Did anybody get an II with low verbal/CARS ?
Meeeeeee hahaha 124!
 
Well that's just pretty damn messed up. Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of other good opportunities at other schools with your numbers. I would contact georgetown and ask for feedback to make sure there's no red flags though.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking, too. I got invited to interview at Hofstra though so I'm guessing it can't be too bad?
 
Ladies and gentlemen who have interviewed already and stayed with student hosts- when did you get contacted with hosting information? I filled out the student hosting form in July, I get into Washington a week from today, and still no word.
 
Has anyone sent an "in area" letter to Georgetown and actually gotten a response? I have an interview at GW and was wondering if that would even be worthwhile...
 
Denied, 73 Lizzy M, 2000+ hours medical community service at Georgetown.

I'm in the same boat as you. First reject of the cycle. 513 MCAT (11,10,14,10), 3.97 Masters GPA (3.99 BCPM, 3.95 AO), lower uGPA, reapplicant, extensive research exp, 4 publications (1 2nd author), solid volunteering and shadowing.

From their website: "GPA - With emphasis on the undergraduate BCPM (Science) GPA" I think I got hammered because of my uGPA, honestly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any chance someone could read my secondary statements? I'm in need of another set of eyes :S
 
Rejected. Complete July 18th. Really thought I had a shot since I was in the running for so long...Second rejection today.
 
Last edited:
Current students: Does Georgetown have a simulation center? I didn't see this during our tour on interview day and wondered whether it just wasn't a typical stop on the tour.
 
Rejected. Complete July 18th. Really thought I had a shot since I was in the running for so long...Second rejection today.
Chin up 🙂 sorry it was your second today, hopefully things will look up soon and you'll be flooded with invites!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
350 sounds incredibly low. Most schools have to accept 2.5-3 applicants for every seat they'd like to fill. Georgetown is especially expensive, so my guess is that they're on the higher end of that....

That said, I'm assuming that they ultimately accept between 525-600 of the applicants they interview. I say ultimately because it sounds like only 25% of applicants are accepted post-interview, and the rest are waitlisted (some rejected) until a decision is reached later in the cycle. Update letters/letters of interest seem to expected post-interview here.
 
On my interview, one of the people on the adcom said that we're evaluated in batches of 80. In the 80, 20 will be accepted, 40 will be waitlisted, and 20 will be rejected.
 
350 sounds incredibly low. Most schools have to accept 2.5-3 applicants for every seat they'd like to fill. Georgetown is especially expensive, so my guess is that they're on the higher end of that....

That said, I'm assuming that they ultimately accept between 525-600 of the applicants they interview. I say ultimately because it sounds like only 25% of applicants are accepted post-interview, and the rest are waitlisted (some rejected) until a decision is reached later in the cycle. Update letters/letters of interest seem to expected post-interview here.

http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...ools-that-are-most-competitive-for-applicants

This says 349, but honestly admissions is the opposite of transparent so who really knows!