You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They review in groups of 80. Out of the 80, 20 are accepted, 40 waitlisted, and 20 rejected.So whats the percentage of those accepted after interviewing here anyway?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do review in groups of 80 but at my interview day it was stated that they do not reject 20/80. They don't like to reject their interviewees and only do so when warranted, not to meet a quota.They review in groups of 80. Out of the 80, 20 are accepted, 40 waitlisted, and 20 rejected.
Yes! Before interviewing, Georgetown was one of my top choices. I did extensive research on this school prior to interviewing because it was the first II I received. After interviewing here and multiple other places, I feel like I can accurately compare this school to others, and Georgetown is now easily my top choice school. The day looked like this:Anyone interview already that would like to share how the day went and what their interview was like? Interview scheduled for 10/28
- All interviewees hang out in a room together and chat until a dean comes in. They try to have a different dean speak each interview day, so I don't know who you'll have. Our was hilarious and gave us a lot of important information to consider, which really shined Georgetown in a nice light.
- Ms. Sullivan will come in and give an intensely compassionate speech. She will point blank tell you not to come to Georgetown if you don't believe in their philosophy. There is nothing wrong with not fitting with Georgetown, and she'll tell you that, but you should go to a school where you do fit. Otherwise, you'll either change to fit their philosophy (which you may not like) or you'll begrudge it your entire four years.
- I think we went on a tour afterwards? I don't remember exactly because my interview was a few weeks ago. The tour was fine. They know their buildings are older but you have all the necessities. After hearing about their match list and step 1 scores, I don't care about how new their walls are (plus I scoped out the undergrad campus the night before and they had some nice study spaces you could always snatch haha).
- The tour concludes with lunch. Lunch was AMAZING. The best I've had so far. You have lunch with 3rd year medicals students who also lead the tour. Ours were awesome. They answered all of our questions and were happy to do so. They are not involved in admissions, so you can ask them anything.
- Then we went to interviews! I loved my interviewer. I could tell she was a bit nervous too, but we seemed to have a lot in common.
Everyone at Georgetown genuinely wants you to have a good experience there, even if you don't matriculate. They don't believe in high-stress interviews! In fact, Ms. Sullivan told us in the morning exactly what questions our interviewers would ask us that afternoon. They just want to make sure you are who you say you are and to see if you are someone who fits with their school.
Complete date??Just got an interview invite, scheduled for November. Was this an accident?? Either way, I'm excited.
II! Complete end of July
When did you get an email?II! Complete end of July
Yes! Before interviewing, Georgetown was one of my top choices. I did extensive research on this school prior to interviewing because it was the first II I received. After interviewing here and multiple other places, I feel like I can accurately compare this school to others, and Georgetown is now easily my top choice school. The day looked like this:
- All interviewees hang out in a room together and chat until a dean comes in. They try to have a different dean speak each interview day, so I don't know who you'll have. Our was hilarious and gave us a lot of important information to consider, which really shined Georgetown in a nice light.
- Ms. Sullivan will come in and give an intensely compassionate speech. She will point blank tell you not to come to Georgetown if you don't believe in their philosophy. There is nothing wrong with not fitting with Georgetown, and she'll tell you that, but you should go to a school where you do fit. Otherwise, you'll either change to fit their philosophy (which you may not like) or you'll begrudge it your entire four years.
- I think we went on a tour afterwards? I don't remember exactly because my interview was a few weeks ago. The tour was fine. They know their buildings are older but you have all the necessities. After hearing about their match list and step 1 scores, I don't care about how new their walls are (plus I scoped out the undergrad campus the night before and they had some nice study spaces you could always snatch haha).
- The tour concludes with lunch. Lunch was AMAZING. The best I've had so far. You have lunch with 3rd year medicals students who also lead the tour. Ours were awesome. They answered all of our questions and were happy to do so. They are not involved in admissions, so you can ask them anything.
- Then we went to interviews! I loved my interviewer. I could tell she was a bit nervous too, but we seemed to have a lot in common.
Everyone at Georgetown genuinely wants you to have a good experience there, even if you don't matriculate. They don't believe in high-stress interviews! In fact, Ms. Sullivan told us in the morning exactly what questions our interviewers would ask us that afternoon. They just want to make sure you are who you say you are and to see if you are someone who fits with their school.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!
10am yesterday!When did you get an email?
When's the first day acceptances can go out? Is it October 15th?
Yes . Oct 15th is when acceptances or post-interview rejections/holds go outWhen's the first day acceptances can go out? Is it October 15th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May I ask when you were completed?II this afternoon! OOS, LizzyM 73-74, lots of service, complete mid august. Super pumped, this is one of my favorites!
May I ask when you were completed?
They said mid-August. 😛
do this school have rolling admissions?
Yes.
Maybe we'll both be Hoyas! If I get an acceptance from GT in the next few days then I'll be withdrawing my applications from the vast majority of schools I applied to [emoji14] I interviewed at other schools during the 2011-2012 cycle, so I also have more schools to compare 🙂Yes! Before interviewing, Georgetown was one of my top choices. I did extensive research on this school prior to interviewing because it was the first II I received. After interviewing here and multiple other places, I feel like I can accurately compare this school to others, and Georgetown is now easily my top choice school. The day looked like this:
- All interviewees hang out in a room together and chat until a dean comes in. They try to have a different dean speak each interview day, so I don't know who you'll have. Our was hilarious and gave us a lot of important information to consider, which really shined Georgetown in a nice light.
- Ms. Sullivan will come in and give an intensely compassionate speech. She will point blank tell you not to come to Georgetown if you don't believe in their philosophy. There is nothing wrong with not fitting with Georgetown, and she'll tell you that, but you should go to a school where you do fit. Otherwise, you'll either change to fit their philosophy (which you may not like) or you'll begrudge it your entire four years.
- I think we went on a tour afterwards? I don't remember exactly because my interview was a few weeks ago. The tour was fine. They know their buildings are older but you have all the necessities. After hearing about their match list and step 1 scores, I don't care about how new their walls are (plus I scoped out the undergrad campus the night before and they had some nice study spaces you could always snatch haha).
- The tour concludes with lunch. Lunch was AMAZING. The best I've had so far. You have lunch with 3rd year medicals students who also lead the tour. Ours were awesome. They answered all of our questions and were happy to do so. They are not involved in admissions, so you can ask them anything.
- Then we went to interviews! I loved my interviewer. I could tell she was a bit nervous too, but we seemed to have a lot in common.
Everyone at Georgetown genuinely wants you to have a good experience there, even if you don't matriculate. They don't believe in high-stress interviews! In fact, Ms. Sullivan told us in the morning exactly what questions our interviewers would ask us that afternoon. They just want to make sure you are who you say you are and to see if you are someone who fits with their school.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Rescheduled my interview date. My date for this Thursday just opened (10.15.15). Double check with admissions if that date is still available before dropping the date you already have.
Wondering if mid/late September interviewees will hear about acceptance/WL/reject this Thursday... anyone remember when the interviews began? I think there were typically 10-15 interviewees per day, and I know they review in batches of 80
Edit: pretty sure decisions go out via supplemental application beginning at the end of this month. I remember their team said "within 8-10 weeks", so we'll see!
Edit: pretty sure decisions go out via supplemental application beginning at the end of this month. I remember their team said "within 8-10 weeks", so we'll see!
Last edited:
Rejected. complete 7/31
I interviewed mid/late September and was told they wouldn't have decisions for us until the end of October/early NovemberWondering if mid/late September interviewees will hear about acceptance/WL/reject this Thursday... anyone remember when the interviews began? I think there were typically 10-15 interviewees per day, and I know they review in batches of 80
Edit: pretty sure decisions go out via supplemental application beginning at the end of this month. I remember their team said "within 8-10 weeks", so we'll see!
Just got the ax, complete 8/29. Guess they didn't like that my reasoning for choosing their school was their powderpuff football league. Not too bummed about saving money on a flight to DC since I already have 3 OOS interviews. Good luck to those still in the running!
Just got the ax, complete 8/29. Guess they didn't like that my reasoning for choosing their school was their powderpuff football league. Not too bummed about saving money on a flight to DC since I already have 3 OOS interviews. Good luck to those still in the running!
LizzyM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could any locals in the DC area please let me know if it's possible to catch a 5:15pm flight at BWI coming straight from Georgetown after the interview (~2:30-3pm)? How bad does the traffic get in the afternoon hours heading that way?
I don't live in the area but have traveled there enough to tell you if you leave Gtown right at 2:30 and everything goes perfect then you're fine. Perfect conditions in any major metro area is not guaranteed. I'm a 1.5 - 2 hour type for arriving at airport. Anything after 2:30 would be high risk in my estimation
Has anybody sent updates to Georgetown? Is it literally just typing in those characters into that box on the secondary application? I *think* I counted 128 characters that could fit in the box, but I could be crazy....also, 128 characters per submission just seems ridiculously short. Thoughts???
Could any locals in the DC area please let me know if it's possible to catch a 5:15pm flight at BWI coming straight from Georgetown after the interview (~2:30-3pm)? How bad does the traffic get in the afternoon hours heading that way?
Are you driving or taking public transport? If doing public transport, I would suggest looking into the MARC train which is about $6 from Union Station to BWI and is very reliable. You can take the GUTS to Dupont Circle and take the red line to Union Station relatively easily.
I live in the area and my gut reaction is that that would be cutting it very close, especially if your flight leaves at 5:15 - and that's if you're driving. If you just need to be at the airport by then, you'll be fine! But things get dicey with after-school traffic around 3 PM coupled with TSA wait time, etc.Could any locals in the DC area please let me know if it's possible to catch a 5:15pm flight at BWI coming straight from Georgetown after the interview (~2:30-3pm)? How bad does the traffic get in the afternoon hours heading that way?
Could any locals in the DC area please let me know if it's possible to catch a 5:15pm flight at BWI coming straight from Georgetown after the interview (~2:30-3pm)? How bad does the traffic get in the afternoon hours heading that way?
If there is any way you could fly out of Reagan, that would be more feasible.
Decisions are coming out today no?
Decisions are coming out today no?
In past years it looks like it has been around the 22nd that they give send out first round of acceptances. Sooooo more waiting...
If I remember right from the interview day it seemed that everyone should know within 8 weeks of their interview whether they have been rejected, accepted, or wait-listed, right? Does anyone know whether it is email, snail mail, or phone call?
Anyone that was not early assurance receive a notification (acceptance, wait list, or reject) yet?
I interviewed in mid-September and they told us not to expect a decision until the third/fourth week of October, at the earliest. Current students told us they take forever to release decisions so don't be surprised if you're waiting until November.Anyone that was not early assurance receive a notification (acceptance, wait list, or reject) yet?
I live in the area and my gut reaction is that that would be cutting it very close, especially if your flight leaves at 5:15 - and that's if you're driving. If you just need to be at the airport by then, you'll be fine! But things get dicey with after-school traffic around 3 PM coupled with TSA wait time, etc.
This was my first thought. I also live in the area and I think this plans sounds hella risky. If the flight leaves at 5:15, you'd ideally want to get there by like 4:15 to check in and get through security, etc. If you leave Georgetown at 3 PM, it will take at least an hour to get there with zero traffic. There is never zero traffic in the DMV area. Never. Especially not in the afternoon. It once took me 4 hours to drive from Foggy Bottom to Baltimore on a weekday afternoon. Don't risk it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I interviewed in mid September and haven't heard. It looks like last year acceptances started getting sent out Oct. 24th. So maybe the end of this week or next week is my guess.
No, I interviewed in mid September and haven't heard. It looks like last year acceptances started getting sent out Oct. 24th. So maybe the end of this week or next week is my guess.
So nerve-wracking, haha. I interviewed August 25th, so today was my 8-week mark.
Bummer. Just got my rejection via e-mail.
Secondary submitted 09/05.
Secondary submitted 09/05.
Also rejected today! Secondary submitted 09/22--LizzieM of 72.8, good EC's. 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K