-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is it safe to assume that no one with a September complete date has received an II yet? I was complete September 2nd and also haven't heard anything since the complete e-mail.
I was also complete sept 2 and have not received anything besides the complete email. It just says under review in the portal too.Is it safe to assume that no one with a September complete date has received an II yet? I was complete September 2nd and also haven't heard anything since the complete e-mail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to earlier posts, sometime in the next couple of weeks
Waitlisted. A bit bummed but thankful that I'm still in the running! I was hoping I could be done with the admissions cycle if I had received an acceptance, but it looks like I'm waiting until the summer. Ugh. Now can anyone provide details on this letter I'm supposed to send to show my interesy? 🙂
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Complete 8/20, LizzyM ~67. Portal still says "Application under review." Not sure how to interpret this silence. 😕![]()
I was also complete sept 2 and have not received anything besides the complete email. It just says under review in the portal too.
Same boat. Was complete on 9/10 and have heard nothing.
Did
Did you receive an email saying you were wait listed? When did you interview?
Waitlisted. A bit bummed but thankful that I'm still in the running! I was hoping I could be done with the admissions cycle if I had received an acceptance, but it looks like I'm waiting until the summer. Ugh. Now can anyone provide details on this letter I'm supposed to send to show my interesy? 🙂
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Did you receive an email saying you were wait listed? When did you interview?
Yes, and I interviewed on Aug. 24th -- the very first interview slot of the season.
yea i got a waitlist email today
Also complete 9/10 and waiting.
Looks like we're up next.
Looks like we're up next.
9/11 complete oos, so let's hope for some good news. Are most people thinking we should hear something next week?Also complete 9/10 and waiting.
Looks like we're up next.
DeleteIs it safe to assume that no one with a September complete date has received an II yet? I was complete September 2nd and also haven't heard anything since the complete e-mail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9/11 complete oos, so let's hope for some good news. Are most people thinking we should hear something next week?
Last edited:
Sent in my LOI just now! It's going to be a loooooooong wait, but I've got other interviews to occupy me in the meantime 😛
Waitlisted. One more school left to get back to me this week 🙁 ughhh. Shouldn't have been surprised as they waitlist most people.
Got interviewed at this school. Here are my thoughts:
1. Students were friendly
2. Staff didn't seem to care about students
3. Gut instinct was that I didn't like this school after interview. I am choosing to not withdraw my app in case this is my only acceptance.
4. Location (DC) is nice, however the school is detached from the DC public transit so you must either (a) live close by, (b) transfer to a bus after metro (GUTS bus), or (c) drive (which no one would ever recommend doing). I like DC and live here, but was surprised that I didn't like the school.
1. Students were friendly
2. Staff didn't seem to care about students
3. Gut instinct was that I didn't like this school after interview. I am choosing to not withdraw my app in case this is my only acceptance.
4. Location (DC) is nice, however the school is detached from the DC public transit so you must either (a) live close by, (b) transfer to a bus after metro (GUTS bus), or (c) drive (which no one would ever recommend doing). I like DC and live here, but was surprised that I didn't like the school.
Complete on 08/13 and still nothing :'(
Was also put on the waitlist today. Wonder why they waitlist so many people :/
When did you interview?
When did all the waitlisters interview? Also, no acceptances yet?
When did all the waitlisters interview? Also, no acceptances yet?
I interviewed 9/1 on the 2nd date
Rejected today, complete 9/2. LizzyM 82 but with pretty average ECs
Whoa! 82?!
When did you interview?
Interviewed on August 25th.
Accepted by phone this morning!! (Interviewed 9/2) I am an East Coaster currently on the West Coast so I woke to a lovely voicemail..
Congrats! Did you see a change in your portal or receive an email? Or just the voicemail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Did you see a change in your portal or receive an email? Or just the voicemail?
Unable to check my portal right now but I just got an email as well.
What's the most exciting research/research strengths at Georgetown??
According to their website they focus "specifically on cancer, neuroscience, child health and development, and global health."
However, if you're interested in research, then I imagine your own interests will be the most exciting 😉 And with $132 million in sponsored research, you can probably find an area that fancies you.
According to their website they focus "specifically on cancer, neuroscience, child health and development, and global health."
However, if you're interested in research, then I imagine your own interests will be the most exciting 😉 And with $132 million in sponsored research, you can probably find an area that fancies you.
yes please.. my background!
complete 8/28 and still under review UGHH
+1 ... but based on last year's thread that is not bad news.complete 8/28 and still under review UGHH
Rejected today. Complete in early August. Good luck to those still in the running! 

Me too!!! This might be why I am still in the running.yes please.. my background!
If anybody has questions about their upcoming interview, let me know! I'm bored at work so fire away.
Also, for the folks who already interviewed, they said that a tab would come up on the portal for post-interview thank you notes, right?
Also, for the folks who already interviewed, they said that a tab would come up on the portal for post-interview thank you notes, right?
Its under the interview tabIf anybody has questions about their upcoming interview, let me know! I'm bored at work so fire away.
Also, for the folks who already interviewed, they said that a tab would come up on the portal for post-interview thank you notes, right?
Its under the interview tab
Gotcha. I don't have it yet so I'll just wait a bit. Thanks!
Has anyone that interviewed in September heard back yet? Either acceptance, waitlist, or rejection?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope. Complete 9/11! Hope to hear something soonAnyone pre-interview have status updates lately / interview invites?
Interviewed Sep. 22nd - Haven't heard anything. They said less than 8 weeks though and it's only been 5 for me.
Anyone pre-interview have status updates lately / interview invites?
Complete 8/23. Still under review. Hoping for an interview invite soon!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K

