2015-2016 Hofstra University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the max number of LORs that can be submitted? MSAR says 3-10, but the Hofstra FAQ indicates three. There is also the option to submit "Additional LORs" under the "Additional Information" tab.



EDIT: ahhhh. nevermind.

"Additional letters of recommendation may be submitted online through AMCAS or the SOM Portal. We do not have a limit on the number of letters you can upload. However, we do not guarantee that additional letters beyond the requirement will be read. The letter writer may email these to [email protected]. "
 
Does anyone know the max number of LORs that can be submitted? MSAR says 3-10, but the Hofstra FAQ indicates three. There is also the option to submit "Additional LORs" under the "Additional Information" tab.

I believe the 3 is just a minimum number. I personally submitted 5.
 
Does anyone still have a red exclamation next to 'Submit Application' after they submitted the secondary? It says that my application is complete when I check the status. What's going on...😵
 
Hey guys, for the first question "If you are currently not a matriculated student, please indicate what you have been doing since the time of graduation until now," should I answer this question if I am still completing my undergrad degree? I have started a number of interesting activities since submitting my AMCAS that I would like to mention but I do not know if this is an appropriate place since I have yet to graduate (thus I am technically not answering the question). Any opinions are appreciated 😀
 
Hey guys, for the first question "If you are currently not a matriculated student, please indicate what you have been doing since the time of graduation until now," should I answer this question if I am still completing my undergrad degree? I have started a number of interesting activities since submitting my AMCAS that I would like to mention but I do not know if this is an appropriate place since I have yet to graduate (thus I am technically not answering the question). Any opinions are appreciated 😀

No, I would not do that here. You have not graduated. they are not asking for updates with this question, they are asking this question for people who have graduated and are not in school. It may reflect poorly if you answer this question as it doesn't apply to you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I would not do that here. You have not graduated. they are not asking for updates with this question, they are asking this question for people who have graduated and are not in school. It may reflect poorly if you answer this question as it doesn't apply to you

Thanks for the help, I agree with you!
 
Same here!! All the schools on my list that have started sending out II's are schools that I've been complete at since early July so I'm starting to get worried, even though I know it's early
The only other interview I've gotten so far came a day after people started posting "II received" on SDN so don't worry yet!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! LizzyM ~70, complete 7/8

Are these emails coming out throughout the day and not all at once? *heavy breathing*

also complete 7/8 and total silence :S status says "Your application is complete and in the review process."

For people that got II - did your status change to anything before/after? Also, does anyone know if Hofstra 1)does rolling admissions 2) rejects during the season?
 
also complete 7/8 and total silence :S status says "Your application is complete and in the review process."

For people that got II - did your status change to anything before/after? Also, does anyone know if Hofstra 1)does rolling admissions 2) rejects during the season?
AMCAS says they do rolling admissions, however the email they sent says interviewing earlier has no effect on chances of acceptance.
 
Yes. I think I submitted the day before
Okay, thanks! I was just curious because I submitted (with all of my letters and MCAT score in) around that time but didn't receive a complete email until today. Maybe they work in batches or maybe it is just different reviewers...who knows...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received today! first one for me. Submitted 7/24. Seems like they send these out in batches (last Thursday, then Monday, then today). Good luck guys!!!
 
Yes, I chose that option when I set up my interview. But when I went back to check just now, I don't see that option anymore. I'm not sure if that just removed it because I chose it or because they wanted to discontinue it.

That's interesting. I didn't have that option when I signed up for my interview.