2015-2016 Howard University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
saw a letter from Howard on my counter and just about had a heart attack. Turns out it was the same as the waitlist e-mail lol pretty sure I'm still shaking just had to share that with you guys. For those who are also waiting smile and try to stay positive! You're definitely not alone.
 
saw a letter from Howard on my counter and just about had a heart attack. Turns out it was the same as the waitlist e-mail lol pretty sure I'm still shaking just had to share that with you guys. For those who are also waiting smile and try to stay positive! You're definitely not alone.

when was your interview and when were you notified via email you were waitlisted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of you that haven't heard back U can take the chance Howard will come across your app on their own or u can go there and know for sure...they received nearly 10k apps according to MSAR


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
 
Those of you that haven't heard back U can take the chance Howard will come across your app on their own or u can go there and know for sure...they received nearly 10k apps according to MSAR


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
what do you mean go there and know for sure?
 
I did both. I live in DC so it was not much of a task for me to go to the admissions office but I literally called everyday every 15 minutes before someone picked up
I live in northern Virginia, right outside of DC. So it seems like its definitely worth a try to go visit their office. I may do that before the week is over.
 
I did both. I live in DC so it was not much of a task for me to go to the admissions office but I literally called everyday every 15 minutes before someone picked up

Are you serious? I have been trying to get through to them on the phone but no one picks up. I've also emailed and gotten no response. Who did you speak to on the phone and in person?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Ms. Walk and got never got a response. Oh man 🙁

did you just walk in and ask to speak to Ms. Jones?
Like I said earlier in this thread. On interview day she did mention she had like 300 emails to go through. I guess she has not gotten to yours yet ? If you live in the dc area and really want to attend the school you might wanna make a little trip to the admission office ? Who knows... You might encounter Mrs Walk or Mrs Jones.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Like I said earlier in this thread. On interview day she did mention she had like 300 emails to go through. I guess she has not gotten to yours yet ? If you live in the dc area and really want to attend the school you might wanna make a little trip to the admission office ? Who knows... You might encounter Mrs Walk or Mrs Jones.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I live in NY but I am coming to the open house and I hope to God they let me talk to Ms. Walk or Ms. Jones. I hope the guy at the front desk lets me talk to them.
 
I live in NY but I am coming to the open house and I hope to God they let me talk to Ms. Walk or Ms. Jones. I hope the guy at the front desk lets me talk to them.
Mrs Walk normally goes to the open house. On my interview day there was a guy that went to one of the open houses. He started chatting with her at the end cuz she remembered him from the open house. [emoji50]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Mrs Walk normally goes to the open house. On my interview day there was a guy that went to one of the open houses. He started chatting with her at the end cuz she remembered him from the open house. [emoji50]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was told she wasn't at the open houses by the guy at the front desk but God Almighty I hope she is at this upcoming one!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone who has interviewed here, how long did it take to receive a confirmation email after you told them which dates you were available?
 
To anyone who has interviewed here, how long did it take to receive a confirmation email after you told them which dates you were available?
It took a whole month for me to get a confirmation. To be honest, I'm still waiting for a decision and it's been about 22 days now after the email. I might call soon, but I feel like I should be just a little more patient.
 
It took a whole month for me to get a confirmation. To be honest, I'm still waiting for a decision and it's been about 22 days now after the email. I might call soon, but I feel like I should be just a little more patient.
A month? Wow. The date I requested is in less than 2 weeks, so I think calling is the way to go.
 
It took a whole month for me to get a confirmation. To be honest, I'm still waiting for a decision and it's been about 22 days now after the email. I might call soon, but I feel like I should be just a little more patient.

are you talking about the same thing? it sounds like you may be talking about the email you receive when you are out of committee.