2015-2016 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So excited! Go luck to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
App submitted, OOS. Good luck guys.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I am a non-URM (although still a minority) who grew up in a underserved area and I have an interest in working in such areas. Do you think not being a URM would hurt my application here? Thanks and best of luck to everyone applying!

Hi everyone! I am a non-URM (although still a minority) who grew up in a underserved area and I have an interest in working in such areas. Do you think not being a URM would hurt my application here? Thanks and best of luck to everyone applying!
As long as you stress that you're about their mission, then you shouldn't be hurt by being a non-URM. They don't ONLY accept URMs. Good luck!

URM - Non Trad Submitted! Good luck to everyone

Just got the email saying they received my verified AMCAS app. Hopefully the secondaries are sent out earlier than they were last year! Good luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I will let you know if I find any character/word limitations

@amt_ how long did it take from the time of verification until Meharry sent you an email saying they got your app?

@amt_ how long did it take from the time of verification until Meharry sent you an email saying they got your app?

Primary was submitted on the first day it was possible. Received acknowledgement from Meharry on June 7

Primary was submitted on the first day it was possible. Received acknowledgement from Meharry on June 7
My primary was verified June 12th and got the email July 7th. But still no secondary

Got the email. I noticed that on past threads secondaries were not sent out until about August 8-15

Secondary received at 2:59PM PST!

Secondary received at 2:59PM PST!

Same here! So the email said that our AMCAS was initially screened; can I assume that they approve of my credentials? I had a low MCAT but good GPAs.

Hooray! Secondary Received!

Got Secondary today. Good thing it came in after turning in a bunch of them last week. Loved the one week breather. One more to go after this one and done for the season :)

Same here! So the email said that our AMCAS was initially screened; can I assume that they approve of my credentials? I had a low MCAT but good GPAs.
I also had a low MCAT but high GPA and I received my secondary today. I hope that that does mean our credentials were approved.

Just received the secondary! I am a reapplicant, so should I use the same account that I created last year? Because when I used the same account and clicked create new form, the application form was exactly the same as last year, and even had my answer to last year's essay saved.

there doesn't seem to be a character limit, as i put in 20 ,000 to test it out and it allowed me to continue to the next page without an error message.

What's the secondary prompt?!

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
"Why do you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine?"

There doesn't seem to be a character or word limit.

Not URM, but received secondary. Anyone know if they screen?

Not URM, but received secondary. Anyone know if they screen?

Their original email did say they screen. Secondary submitted today. One more to go and I will be done for the season

does anyone have a pending mcat score that caused their invite for secondary to be on hold?

I was extended the link to the secondary app before deciding to retake the mcat. I wonder if that will delay their decision once I submit the secondary

Just got an email saying my Application has been process and is now in review for consideration of an interview. Has anyone gotten an interview and approx how long did it take after receiving this email?
i think last year it was 2 weeks after. i forget which old thread i saw this in tho

Got an email finally saying:
We are writing to acknowledge receipt of your verified AMCAS application including MCAT scores, Meharry Medical College Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation. Your application is now complete and is ready to be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for final review and interview consideration.

Reactions: 1 users
Does Meharry need a photograph, just like Morehouse? Or should I have filled out anything else besides the application? Please let me know if I missed anything...

Does Meharry need a photograph, just like Morehouse? Or should I have filled out anything else besides the application? Please let me know if I missed anything...

I need to know this as well.

Got my secondary an hour ago and submitted just now. So excited. Good luck everyone!

Just submitted my secondary! So pumped!

It seems like this school is REALLY about primary care and service of the underprivileged.

However, the secondary asks you to rank your reasons for an interest in medicine, whether you are interested in primary care, and where you would like to work (small town, larger metropolitan area, etc)

To be honest, the whole thing seems like a trap LOL, cuz it seems like there is an obvious "right" answer to each question.

Has anyone had success getting admitted after indicating an interest in specialty practice in an academic setting?

Anyone find out the the character/word limit? Thank you!