2015-2016 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just write something concise and meaningful

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they offer the post-bac to those who interciew only?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope to the heavens I am accepted to Meharry. I do not want to go anywhere else. I was reading the thread from last year and it seems like everybody on it was accepted! Maybe the ones who post on here are the most enthusiastic applicants. I am not taking my MCAT until 9/12. Hopefully there is still a seat for me. I would happily withdraw every other app in a heartbeat!

It seems like this school is REALLY about primary care and service of the underprivileged.

However, the secondary asks you to rank your reasons for an interest in medicine, whether you are interested in primary care, and where you would like to work (small town, larger metropolitan area, etc)

To be honest, the whole thing seems like a trap LOL, cuz it seems like there is an obvious "right" answer to each question.

Has anyone had success getting admitted after indicating an interest in specialty practice in an academic setting?
I was wondering the same thing when filling out the secondary. Seemed like they were trick questions to me...

Submitted 8/13. Just received the complete email

Secondary received today! Just got my MCAT score yesterday!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the completion email on the 17th. Sent secondary in on the 13th. Anyone else a big fan of country music? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I the only one struggling with ranking the type of medical practice you contemplate practicing? Would it be frown upon to put undecided as my #1? cause I really don't know yet

Am I the only one struggling with ranking the type of medical practice you contemplate practicing? Would it be frown upon to put undecided as my #1? cause I really don't know yet

I think I put #1 as the mix of private/hospital practice

After submitting the secondary, is there anywhere to view if your LORs have been received?

After submitting the secondary, is there anywhere to view if your LORs have been received?
no way to check, they will send you an e-mail when you are complete, that means they received it

upload_2015-8-19_21-6-42.png

If I get in I will cry. I have wanted to go to Meharry for so long. I think I have a good shot if I can get an interview.

Reactions: 3 users
If you mind sharing, what were your stats?
I personally know several people who interviewed with scores of 20-23. 24 or ~500 should put your MCAT on the low end of their aggregate of matriculants from the last few years for those who don't want to share. Average matriculant had a 26.7.

I personally know several people who interviewed with scores of 20-23. 24 or ~500 should put your MCAT on the low end of their aggregate of matriculants from the last few years for those who don't want to share. Average matriculant had a 26.7.

In addition to having a strong interest for helping the underserved

Does anyone have a match list from and recent years? Im a Non-URM but I like this school for its focus on the underserved.

Does anyone have a match list from and recent years? Im a Non-URM but I like this school for its focus on the underserved.
I may; what kind of information are you looking for (ie what do you mean by match list)?

I could give you a list showing the proportion of students entering each residency field. Is that what you want?

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

Im curious as to how previous classes did matching into residencies and to which one they went into.

"I could give you a list showing the proportion of students entering each residency field. Is that what you want? "

Yes, please. That is what id prefer.

Last edited:
Im curious as to how previous classes did matching into residencies and to which one they went into.

"I could give you a list showing the proportion of students entering each residency field. Is that what you want? "

Yes, please. That is what id prefer.
upload_2015-8-20_12-33-13.png

I believe this is from the most recent match cycle.

secondary submitted...i need this lol

Did anyone notice under unduplicated Asians it says 10, but in the breakdown it's only 9. It's driving me a little crazy lol

What's a duplicate Asian?

oops I thought it's suppose to add up, but maybe that's why! :)
No, it doesn't make sense to me either. Adding up the Asian categories should give a number ≥ total unduplicated Asians... At least that's how I understand it.

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

Who knows lol sorry to drag everyone into the OCD torture! Maybe if we get interview that could be a question we ask lol

What's a duplicate Asian?
I think a duplicate is one that has already been counted in another sub-race category. Lets say my mother is a Vietnamese and my father is from mainland China. I could be represented in two different sub categories although I am one person.

Last edited:
In addition to having a strong interest for helping the underserved
I think its clear they evaluate the whole person. For people who are worried about stats: you should not. Instead of focusing on people with the best stats, they focus on those with what they believe is the right motivation for wanting to become a doctor that can also pass the boards.

In 2014 86 students matched at a rate of 88%. They do allow some students to 'decel' over five years. When I visited the campus I was told they had an attrition rate of 4%, higher than average for allopathic schools.

Thank you for all the clarification.

Still no secondary on my end :/ maybe I should email/call them.

Edit: Scratch that, looks like they're waiting for my new MCAT score to come in before they consider sending me one. That'll be like September though, hopefully it all works out.

Secondary submitted and I received the email saying they got it!

When were you complete and what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Email or what?

Edit: Congrats btw!

II here too! My app was complete on 8/12

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! What date is your interview scheduled for?