2015-2016 Southern Illinois University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
double post

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any idea what's the situation for students stuck on AWPA if the entire list isn't exhausted? My guess is that it's essentially just a waitlist but my hope is that those students are backed up into the following year's class.

Any idea what's the situation for students stuck on AWPA if the entire list isn't exhausted? My guess is that it's essentially just a waitlist but my hope is that those students are backed up into the following year's class.

Coming from someone who was on the AWPA last year and didn't get in, students left on the AWPA list have to go through the whole application process again (Primary, Secondary, Interview), hopefully once again landing on the AWPA list. I'm hoping my second AWPA placement will turn out.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Coming from someone who was on the AWPA last year and didn't get in, students left on the AWPA list have to go through the whole application process again (Primary, Secondary, Interview), hopefully once again landing on the AWPA list. I'm hoping my second AWPA placement will turn out.

Ouch, well thanks for the heads up. Wishing the best for us all now in this waiting game.

Reactions: 1 user
After thinking long and hard I decided to give up my spot at SIU :(. I really LOVED the school... However, I'm a non-traditional student.. Im married with children and I've been blessed with a spot at a MD school in my home city. That works out better for my husband and baby. Good luck fellow SDNers! I really hope this spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
After thinking long and hard I decided to give up my spot at SIU :(. I really LOVED the school... However, I'm a non-traditional student.. Im married with children and I've been blessed with a spot at a MD school in my home city. That works out better for my husband and baby. Good luck fellow SDNers! I really hope this spot goes to one of you!
Congrats on your other acceptance and best of luck to you!

Congrats on your acceptance. I think that is absolutely the right choice...can't put a price on being close to loved ones and not disturbing their lives.

Congrats on your acceptance. I think that is absolutely the right choice...can't put a price on being close to loved ones and not disturbing their lives.
Thanks! Congrats on your acceptance as well!!

Accepted via email today!!! So excited

Reactions: 4 users
Pasmal, Any word/status on movement?
I cannot speak for @Pasmal , but usually once the next-year's thread becomes active here on SDN, movement does slow down. We just finished our second year in Springfield last week but do remember that some students in our class got accepted as late as mid-June. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

I cannot speak for @Pasmal , but usually once the next-year's thread becomes active here on SDN, movement does slow down. We just finished our second year in Springfield last week but do remember that some students in our class got accepted as late as mid-June. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

So we're basically out of luck? Bc the thread was activated at the end of April.

I'm sad now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do not have an acceptance at this point have your back-up plan in motion, but keep checking your email. It's impossible to predict whether any students with acceptances currently will end up giving them up, but as I said before typically most of that occurs before June 1 (though as ncklkrt pointed out even afterwards there is a small chance).

Reactions: 1 users
Scrolled back and couldn't find facebook group info. Anyone?

It is the Class of 2020 SIU SOM page. Ask to join the group and one of the administrators of the page will add you if you're on the accepted list. If you still can't find it let me know and I'll DM you the link.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks!
It is the Class of 2020 SIU SOM page. Ask to join the group and one of the administrators of the page will add you if you're on the accepted list. If you still can't find it let me know and I'll DM you the link.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile