2015-2016 Temple University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the students we toured/lunched with had a say about our admissions? Just reflecting on my interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The students told us that during lunch they were evaluating us
I don't remember being told this.. Are you sure? That doesn't seem likely, especially since temple has so many ways of evaluating us already
Plus I've never heard of a school doing that
 
I don't remember being told this.. Are you sure? That doesn't seem likely, especially since temple has so many ways of evaluating us already
Plus I've never heard of a school doing that
I heard that most schools do this? I interviewed a long time ago so maybe they aren't doing it anymore. did they break you guys up into small groups at lunch?
 
Has anyone who interviewed mid-January heard back yet?

Also, we were told by our student tour guides that they were evaluating us on my interview day.
 
any possibility of contacting the admissions office about my app?

submitted mid-August 2015. No response since submitting secondary.
 
Interesting, I called them this afternoon and they were pretty solid about 'in the area' messages not helping with anything
maybe I just caught the wrong person at the office

I called and they just said to shoot them an email and they will put it in my file!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its a non-degree granting 1 year program
I considered it, but for me, it wasn't enough to pay for a program and not have even a certificate out of it. Rutgers is equivalent in price, equally reputable, you get a degree (MBS), and they have great stats for people who want to matriculate to medical school

http://njms.rutgers.edu/gsbs/prospective_students/info/masters_degree_requirements.htm

I am thinking of applying for the ACMS post-bac program here at Temple right now. Any thoughts or comments?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 1/27 and haven't heard back.. I see that people have gotten put on the CCL for that interview period, but has anyone been accepted? Also, for those that interview in November and heard back in February with acceptances, did you hear back before or after the CCLs were given out to people who interviewed in that same time period??
 
I interviewed 1/27 and haven't heard back.. I see that people have gotten put on the CCL for that interview period, but has anyone been accepted? Also, for those that interview in November and heard back in February with acceptances, did you hear back before or after the CCLs were given out to people who interviewed in that same time period??
I'm with you. I interviewed 1/12 and still haven't heard. I'm hoping it's a good thing like you're speculating. I think they said to call if it's been 6-8 weeks or something so we're still in the waiting period. I'm at 6 weeks and two days today, so hopefully I find out soon.
 
Did anyone notice a status change to "under review" from "interview complete" after their interview? I've been waiting a while and noticed this change recently. Does this happen for everyone or should I be expecting a letter in the mail?
 
Mine actually changed today, as well, to "under review." Anyone know what this could mean?

I was under review, then interview complete, then I was waitlisted a bit ago and I just went back on today to upload and update letter and it now says under review again. So for myself it just means that I'm continuing to be reviewed as someone on the waitlist. I'm hoping for your case it's not the same!
 
Mine actually changed today, as well, to "under review." Anyone know what this could mean?

mine also changed sometime today

I checked my portal earlier today and it was back to "interview complete"...now it says "under review" again. I check my portal way too often and am beginning to think I am dreaming these changes, either way good luck to both of you because I am hoping this means news is coming our way!
 
If my application was complete mid-November and I havent heard anything yet, is there still hope of an II? Or am I being silently rejected?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I checked my portal earlier today and it was back to "interview complete"...now it says "under review" again. I check my portal way too often and am beginning to think I am dreaming these changes, either way good luck to both of you because I am hoping this means news is coming our way!

Just checked my application status out of curiosity and it changed at some point today from "under review" to "interview complete" again. Not sure what this means, but I'm hoping we get some news soon.