You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Every JackThreads email I get that I hope is from a med school makes me wanna snap my phone.
But I think it's typically around the 24th or 25th when news starts going out. I could be wrong though.
But they do have some good deals ...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most days that's the only thing that stops me from actually snapping my phone.But they do have some good deals ...
They did some pre-II rejections. Apparently they have some open slots for their last three interview days in March, but not many. So maybe one or two more small waves of IIs but that'd be it.So do you think they are done with II's here? Did they reject at all pre- II?
Traditionally, they make calls the last week of the month. So you still have a few days to refill your xanax prescription.I know the adcom usually meets during the third week of the month- but do any recently interviewed applicants actually know when the committee is meeting? I'd like to know when I should start panicking...
Mine was the first Tuesday of the month. But maybe it has changed since then.Traditionally, they make calls the last week of the month. So you still have a few days to refill your xanax prescription.
I remember that day distinctly because @piii got the call in the morning so I knew it was THE DAY, and I had to go volunteer with my phone off and was super stressed out all day, and then got the call at the very end of the day. Fun times.
They call all acceptances?! I interviewed 2/11.
for letters of intent, have people been sending them to the med admissions email or uploading them to the portal?
I called admissions the other day, exceptionally nice and very helpful, so if you have specific questions definitely call. I asked about letters of intent, she said the best way is to submit it through the portal, fastest and most verifiable way to make sure it gets to admissions. She also said that admissions likes/is receptive to updates from applicants, and she suggested including anything new I would want admissions to know. Hope it helps! I'm in the deferred pool and crossing my fingers hard for Tufts.
They call all acceptances?! I interviewed 2/11.
I interviewed the same day - I thought Emily Condon said they would email us decisions but from SDN it looks people get calls for acceptances? not sure tho
The dean tries to call every accepted applicant. Deferred and rejected applicants get just the email.I interviewed the same day - I thought Emily Condon said they would email us decisions but from SDN it looks people get calls for acceptances? not sure tho
I interviewed the same day - I thought Emily Condon said they would email us decisions but from SDN it looks people get calls for acceptances? not sure tho
I'm hoping we hear back first week of March. Admissions seems fairly prompt.
Me too!!Silence since August... I think they just skipped over me 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know the adcom usually meets during the third week of the month- but do any recently interviewed applicants actually know when the committee is meeting? I'd like to know when I should start panicking...
February 23rd
Why is there discussion that Tufts maybe didn't get through all secondaries? Because if that's true, it seems really unfair on a lot of levels. Has anybody called and actually confirmed that
Why is there discussion that Tufts maybe didn't get through all secondaries? Because if that's true, it seems really unfair on a lot of levels. Has anybody called and actually confirmed that
Do you really think the school is going to admit to that?
I was complete in October and haven't heard anything yetWhy would you assume that they wouldn't have time to get to all apps? They've sent decisions to people complete in late November/early Dec. I can't imagine that more than a few hundred come in between Dec and Jan 15th.
Do you really think the school is going to admit to that?
That's a really pessimistic mindset that I try to avoid having but okay...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
First week of the next monthFor people who have been accepted, did you hear the last week of month you interviewed or the first week of the next month?
Complete in August and haven't heard anything, either.I was complete in October and haven't heard anything yet
+1Complete in August and haven't heard anything, either.
last week of the month.For people who have been accepted, did you hear the last week of month you interviewed or the first week of the next month?
Read the thread from about two weeks ago when the last round of rejections went out. That's why everyone's speculating. I'm sure if you called, they would just say that your file is still under review.Why is there discussion that Tufts maybe didn't get through all secondaries? Because if that's true, it seems really unfair on a lot of levels. Has anybody called and actually confirmed that
Port-ocalypseAka Portalgate
Oh, I do like that one.Port-ocalypse
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's a really pessimistic mindset that I try to avoid having but okay...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
If I was in admissions, I'd take that question offensively...just my opinion. It kind of undermines the integrity of the admissions process. You should call though if you think it will help.
If I was in admissions, I'd take that question offensively...just my opinion. It kind of undermines the integrity of the admissions process. You should call though if you think it will help.
Yeah I would probably try to spit out the question before they got my AAMC number lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
For people who have been accepted, did you hear the last week of month you interviewed or the first week of the next month?
About 1.5 weeks after in the same month. Although at the interview they had told us the first week of the next month!
Judgment Day.February 23rd
Judgment Day.
good luck all!
Thought it was the first week of the new month?
Also, good luck.
Committee meets today. You find out within the first and second weeks of March (most likely the first according the admissions)
I saw in their website that everyone should hear either way by March 31st (referencing the application time line they have on their website)
hi everyone,
i'm a current first year in the TUSM Maine Track, and i recently gave some advice/insight via email to some friends applying in your cycle. that means i have it all copy-and-pasteable, and i wanted to drop a line here to say that if anyone has questions, concerns or confusions, i'd be happy to help out. i wish i had someone in this position when i was applying...i remember feeling kind of lost. I can answer questions about both Maine Track and regular track, because first year is about 98% identical (i'm in class with them all).
good luck to everyone! the med school application year was a dark time for me (haha)...it's not a fun process. but keep your chin up, if you're frustrated now just know that your luck can change dramatically as the season goes on.
best,
annie
i'm a current first year in the TUSM Maine Track, and i recently gave some advice/insight via email to some friends applying in your cycle. that means i have it all copy-and-pasteable, and i wanted to drop a line here to say that if anyone has questions, concerns or confusions, i'd be happy to help out. i wish i had someone in this position when i was applying...i remember feeling kind of lost. I can answer questions about both Maine Track and regular track, because first year is about 98% identical (i'm in class with them all).
good luck to everyone! the med school application year was a dark time for me (haha)...it's not a fun process. but keep your chin up, if you're frustrated now just know that your luck can change dramatically as the season goes on.
best,
annie
hi everyone,
i'm a current first year in the TUSM Maine Track, and i recently gave some advice/insight via email to some friends applying in your cycle. that means i have it all copy-and-pasteable, and i wanted to drop a line here to say that if anyone has questions, concerns or confusions, i'd be happy to help out. i wish i had someone in this position when i was applying...i remember feeling kind of lost. I can answer questions about both Maine Track and regular track, because first year is about 98% identical (i'm in class with them all).
good luck to everyone! the med school application year was a dark time for me (haha)...it's not a fun process. but keep your chin up, if you're frustrated now just know that your luck can change dramatically as the season goes on.
best,
annie
Where were you in September Annie
hi everyone,
i'm a current first year in the TUSM Maine Track, and i recently gave some advice/insight via email to some friends applying in your cycle. that means i have it all copy-and-pasteable, and i wanted to drop a line here to say that if anyone has questions, concerns or confusions, i'd be happy to help out. i wish i had someone in this position when i was applying...i remember feeling kind of lost. I can answer questions about both Maine Track and regular track, because first year is about 98% identical (i'm in class with them all).
good luck to everyone! the med school application year was a dark time for me (haha)...it's not a fun process. but keep your chin up, if you're frustrated now just know that your luck can change dramatically as the season goes on.
best,
annie
From talking to your MS1 Maine Track buddies, did any of them get accepted off of the waitlist?
From talking to your MS1 Maine Track buddies, did any of them get accepted off of the waitlist?
i did! i interviewed october 31 and got deferred mid-december. that deferral became a waitlist in the first couple days of may. i was accepted at the end of may.
i dont know about anyone else--it's never really come up in conversation. only my closest friends know i was waitlisted. and now the whole internet knows. haha. it's definitely possible that there are others, because i know of several people who applied in my cycle, were admitted and went somewhere else.
for the record, it doesn't feel like it matters much once you're there--they always publish stats for every test and i'm usually right on the average or just slightly above. i've never been so happy to be average in my life!!
interviewed on 2/2 and havent heard anything yet
interviewed on 2/2 and havent heard anything yet
Yeah, it seems like they have an adcom meeting the last week of every month, and they review all of the people who interviewed since the last adcom meeting. I interviewed at the end of january, after last month's meeting. So I think we'll hear something soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewing March 3?
lol very helpful ^
...wondering why there hasn't been more rejections..
...wondering why there hasn't been more rejections..
I think March 31 will be the day
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K