2015-2016 UCLA PRIME Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still awaiting word from PRIME...based on everything I've read we'll know our fate so far as an II in the next 10-12 days correct?

Members don't see this ad.

still awaiting word from PRIME...based on everything I've read we'll know our fate so far as an II in the next 10-12 days correct?

Correct. Hope it's good news!

Has anyone heard any news? All decisions should be out by the 18th...

Members don't see this ad :)
I called last week and they said they might go over the 18th a bit for sending out invites.

II tonight at 7 pm! Finally an interview in my hometown, hope I can stay local.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same boat...no love yesterday. Really hoping there's some hope left for those of us that didn't hear either way yesterday

Did everyone get one interview date or a variety? Still no love here :(

Basically, they emailed giving the 3 options on the website and asked to rank our preferences and they'll get back to us to confirm which date and give us more details.
1/9, 1/10, 1/16--only 3 dates and 78 interviewees, 18 accepted.

Basically, they emailed giving the 3 options on the website and asked to rank our preferences and they'll get back to us to confirm which date and give us more details.
1/9, 1/10, 1/16--only 3 dates and 78 interviewees, 18 accepted.

Where'd you get the information on 18 accepted? Considering that ~18 students matriculate I suspect the acceptance number is a bit higher.

fyi, my information changed on the portal as well

Where'd you get the information on 18 accepted? Considering that ~18 students matriculate I suspect the acceptance number is a bit higher.

fyi, my information changed on the portal as well

From what current students have told me, they only accept 18 and then if and when one of their 18 say thanks but no thanks, then they offer another person a seat. I don't know how valid this is, but it's what I've heard.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if all interviews have been granted yet?

Waitlisted for an II...anyone else get this email?

Reactions: 1 user
Wait listed just now. The E-mail said as of today 78 interviews have been offered.

Same here, waitlisted for interview. I don't expect many will give up their interview spots so I'm not too hopeful with this program

Interviewing on Saturday the 9th! Was a little bummed w/my rejection from the regular DGSOM track, but this is a better fit for what I want to do with my career! So stoked :)

Interviewing on Saturday the 9th! Was a little bummed w/my rejection from the regular DGSOM track, but this is a better fit for what I want to do with my career! So stoked :)
same happened to me! And pre-secondary, too.

Waitlisted too...

For those who received interviews @acanceh48 @takius how long did they say you had to respond to accept the invitation for an interview?

So we had until today to let them know which date we preferred and now we have until Jan 3rd to withdraw from our interview.

Waitlisted also. :(

Good luck to all of you who are interviewing!! :)

From what current students have told me, they only accept 18 and then if and when one of their 18 say thanks but no thanks, then they offer another person a seat. About 2-3 people get off the waitlist. I don't know how valid this is, but it's what I've heard.

Ah wow, that's interesting if that's the case. I suppose that's how they do admissions with such a small program. Was hoping the post-interview chances would be more favorable but happy nonetheless

Does anyone know stats about the school like how many people apply, amount of interviews offered, etc? Prime specifically.

Just curious, did anyone receive the email with the article and logistics info??

Does anyone know stats about the school like how many people apply, amount of interviews offered, etc? Prime specifically.

If you interview almost everyone who interviews is put on the waitlist with no chance of coming off because they interview way too damn applicants, unless you're the top 2-3.

It's one of the biggest most unnecessary jerk-arounds.

You have a practically have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting into this program cuz they make their waitlist unnecessarily long for no reason when nobody gets off it. They also jerk applicants by not refusijg to tell how many people drop off the waitlist

FYI they do not like updates of activities or LOIs -- except if you have new grades to report.

FYI they do not like updates of activities or LOIs -- except if you have new grades to report.

Of course they wouldn't, that'd be too helpful for a program like this.

For those that interviewed, when did they say they would notify those that were accepted?