-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
still awaiting word from PRIME...based on everything I've read we'll know our fate so far as an II in the next 10-12 days correct?
Correct. Hope it's good news!
Has anyone heard any news? All decisions should be out by the 18th...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called last week and they said they might go over the 18th a bit for sending out invites.
I called last week and they said they might go over the 18th a bit for sending out invites.
I wonder if they've given out any invites at all yet?
Any interviews granted yet?
II tonight at 7 pm! Finally an interview in my hometown, hope I can stay local.
II tonight at 7 pm! Finally an interview in my hometown, hope I can stay local.
+1 :]
Best of luck to the other 77 of you guys interviewing!
Email or call?+1 :]
Best of luck to the other 77 of you guys interviewing!
Email or call?II tonight at 7 pm! Finally an interview in my hometown, hope I can stay local.
Email or call?
e-mail.
Does the interview invite say all interviews were granted tonight?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the interview dates given to you?e-mail.
Did everyone get one interview date or a variety? Still no love here 🙁
Basically, they emailed giving the 3 options on the website and asked to rank our preferences and they'll get back to us to confirm which date and give us more details.
1/9, 1/10, 1/16--only 3 dates and 78 interviewees, 18 accepted.
1/9, 1/10, 1/16--only 3 dates and 78 interviewees, 18 accepted.
@systoleasystole did your interview column in that update site change or u just received an email and that's it?
Basically, they emailed giving the 3 options on the website and asked to rank our preferences and they'll get back to us to confirm which date and give us more details.
1/9, 1/10, 1/16--only 3 dates and 78 interviewees, 18 accepted.
Where'd you get the information on 18 accepted? Considering that ~18 students matriculate I suspect the acceptance number is a bit higher.
fyi, my information changed on the portal as well
Perhaps incredibly neurotic of me, but was that 7 PM PCT? haha.. forgive me.II tonight at 7 pm! Finally an interview in my hometown, hope I can stay local.
Where'd you get the information on 18 accepted? Considering that ~18 students matriculate I suspect the acceptance number is a bit higher.
fyi, my information changed on the portal as well
From what current students have told me, they only accept 18 and then if and when one of their 18 say thanks but no thanks, then they offer another person a seat. I don't know how valid this is, but it's what I've heard.
Last edited:
It changed, but idk when. I just saw it right now.@systoleasystole did your interview column in that update site change or u just received an email and that's it?
Does anyone know if all interviews have been granted yet?
What deadline did they give you guys to respond to their email?It changed, but idk when. I just saw it right now.
Wait listed just now. The E-mail said as of today 78 interviews have been offered.
Same here, waitlisted for interview. I don't expect many will give up their interview spots so I'm not too hopeful with this program
same happened to me! And pre-secondary, too.Interviewing on Saturday the 9th! Was a little bummed w/my rejection from the regular DGSOM track, but this is a better fit for what I want to do with my career! So stoked 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah same!! I had gotten rejected from UCLA for undergrad too so I was like... damn UCLA... you got nooo chill 😕same happened to me! And pre-secondary, too.
Waitlisted too...
For those who received interviews @acanceh48 @takius how long did they say you had to respond to accept the invitation for an interview?
For those who received interviews @acanceh48 @takius how long did they say you had to respond to accept the invitation for an interview?
So we had until today to let them know which date we preferred and now we have until Jan 3rd to withdraw from our interview.
Waitlisted also. 🙁
Good luck to all of you who are interviewing!! 🙂
Good luck to all of you who are interviewing!! 🙂
From what current students have told me, they only accept 18 and then if and when one of their 18 say thanks but no thanks, then they offer another person a seat. About 2-3 people get off the waitlist. I don't know how valid this is, but it's what I've heard.
Ah wow, that's interesting if that's the case. I suppose that's how they do admissions with such a small program. Was hoping the post-interview chances would be more favorable but happy nonetheless
Does anyone know stats about the school like how many people apply, amount of interviews offered, etc? Prime specifically.
Yes, on Dec. 22 from Ms. Ledesma.Just curious, did anyone receive the email with the article and logistics info??
Does anyone know stats about the school like how many people apply, amount of interviews offered, etc? Prime specifically.
If you interview almost everyone who interviews is put on the waitlist with no chance of coming off because they interview way too damn applicants, unless you're the top 2-3.
It's one of the biggest most unnecessary jerk-arounds.
II for 1/16 off of interview wait list.
Hey @Futuredoctorhopeful1986 when did they contact you about this? JwII for 1/16 off of interview wait list.
Hey there, they contacted me on Wednesday, January 6th about the interview.Hey @Futuredoctorhopeful1986 when did they contact you about this? Jw
Hey @Futuredoctorhopeful1986 I was wondering also as to if you gave them any updates or just waited,.II for 1/16 off of interview wait list.
ThanksHey there, they contacted me on Wednesday, January 6th about the interview.
I never sent them any updates, I'm assuming that someone withdrew from their interview date.Hey @Futuredoctorhopeful1986 I was wondering also as to if you gave them any updates or just waited,.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You have a practically have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting into this program cuz they make their waitlist unnecessarily long for no reason when nobody gets off it. They also jerk applicants by not refusijg to tell how many people drop off the waitlist
FYI they do not like updates of activities or LOIs -- except if you have new grades to report.
Of course they wouldn't, that'd be too helpful for a program like this.
For those that interviewed, when did they say they would notify those that were accepted?
I believe I remember them saying February 25th.For those that interviewed, when did they say they would notify those that were accepted?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K