-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know how we will find out? Email, snail mail? Call? 😱 This final stretch is killing meee haha
Dr. Doyle said he personally calls us. Like please, keep me on yo speed dial Dr. Doyle!! but he told our group March 1st...so IDK!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Confirmed Monday 2/29 is the earliest we will be notified.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Don't know if I'm relieved that a date was set or if I'm going to be more anxious as it gets closer to Monday.
Is it safe to say that no one was called today? Or are the people that got accepted not on SDN? :/
No call on my end. Hoping for tomorrow.Is it safe to say that no one was called today? Or are the people that got accepted not on SDN? :/

Just re-posting for my own sanity.
Just re-posting for my own sanity.
![]()
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
Accepted!!!!!!![emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji898][emoji482] PRIME - Westwood
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Long time lurker, first time poster....ACCEPTED! PRIME-WESTWOOD. Shaking.
I am about to barf all over my desk......ugggghhhhh. ring phone, ring!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they just call?Congrats! Accepted as well PRIME-Westwood!
did they just call?
Dr. Doyle called at 3pm. A friend got the call 10 minutes before me. Previous students told me that not all calls are made the same day? I hope you get the call soon!
Just re-posting for my own sanity.
![]()
Congrats to everyone so far~!!!
But as for my status...
.
Last edited:
I don't think there is one but we should start one.Got accepted yesterday too!!!Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or something to start meeting everyone?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Congrats! Are you Westwood or drew?I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! 😛PP UCLA PRIME BABEEEHHHHH
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Congrats on your acceptance which program was it for UCLA Prime Drew or UCLA Prime WestwoodI JUST GOT THE CALL!!! 😛PP UCLA PRIME BABEEEHHHHH
Well I got into Westwood. I wouldn't say either is better than the other. From my understanding Prime Westwood is basically Geffen plus a masters year and some other program specific requirements and support. Prime drew is the same thing but with the UCLA Drew program. A major difference I think Is in the 3rd and fourth year rotation schedule and which college you are able to choose in the 4th year of the medical school curriculum.
Drew also has its own program specific requirements so I think it's also basically Geffen but with prime requirements and drew requirements.
I could be way off, but this is my understanding of the differences.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Drew also has its own program specific requirements so I think it's also basically Geffen but with prime requirements and drew requirements.
I could be way off, but this is my understanding of the differences.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Congratulations on your acceptance, did they mention your scholarship from drew during the call?Which is better? Anybody know any hard differences between the two?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Made a group for accepted students if anyone is interested in joining? https://www.facebook.com/groups/433782133487123/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all of you with acceptances!! 
Has anyone been accepted to PRIME-Drew?

Has anyone been accepted to PRIME-Drew?
How did you guys honestly decide between UCLA Prime and UCLA Prime-drew?
Would love to hear any of your thoughts!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...me-drew-ucla-charles-drew-university.1188756/
Would love to hear any of your thoughts!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...me-drew-ucla-charles-drew-university.1188756/
Last edited:
310 area code for meFrom what area code was the call? And if you missed it, did they leave a voicemail? Got a mysterious missed call from a SoCal area code this morning...
310 area code for me
From what area code was the call? And if you missed it, did they leave a voicemail? Got a mysterious missed call from a SoCal area code this morning...
Did you apply PRIME or PRIME Drew?
I applied to both programs. I also applied and interviewed at UCLA/CDU separate from PRIME.Did you apply PRIME or PRIME Drew?
Did you call the number back??From what area code was the call? And if you missed it, did they leave a voicemail? Got a mysterious missed call from a SoCal area code this morning...
Anyone know if they called the last person last week? #stillhavehope
Released my spot in the class yesterday, by far the most difficult decision that I have ever made but hopefully it goes to someone deserving.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Thanks for the update Futuredoctorhopeful1986. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors. Hopefully I can receive a spot off the waitlist.
Thanks for the update Porcelena. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors. Hope they can update us on the Waitlist soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesn't anyone know if they have started to call students for Waitlist spots?
I've lost interest in this school since I'll be matriculating at another PRIME program, but I'm curious as to how they decide who to pull off the waitlist. I believe the e-mail said it was unranked?
Also, now that the cycle's offer, I have to admit that this school probably had the worst admissions protocol of any I applied to. The constant back and forth as to when they would release decisions is extremely nerve-wracking for the applicants. The fact that they also e-mailed us to tell us that exactly one spot left would be given out was completely unhelpful. Consistent with the adcoms of all the other UCLA programs, I do hope next year's applicants see improvements in the way admissions handles things.
Also, now that the cycle's offer, I have to admit that this school probably had the worst admissions protocol of any I applied to. The constant back and forth as to when they would release decisions is extremely nerve-wracking for the applicants. The fact that they also e-mailed us to tell us that exactly one spot left would be given out was completely unhelpful. Consistent with the adcoms of all the other UCLA programs, I do hope next year's applicants see improvements in the way admissions handles things.
.
I have not been accepted into medical school yet, but I am SO proud of every single one of you who has. Although I have not been chosen for UCLA prime, yet (there's still hope) I know that they do an incredible job at selecting each one of you. Maybe I'll be accepted this cycle or maybe I will need to reapply-- but what gives me hope to keep going is to know that little by little people of color and socially aware individuals are being accepted in greater numbers. Each one of us makes a difference. Don't forget your roots. It's hard to be a weed in a sea of roses, but that weed is resilient, strong, and relentless. Most of us aren't roses. We've fought to be where we are today, we are trailblazers and we are the annoying one that always "brings up race." For those who made it, fight for the voiceless and create opportunities for those who have not made it. Congratulations, you've made it. You've overcome the statistics that plague our communities and you give hope and faith for generations to come. Remember the undocumented, remember the black men that overflow in our jails, remember the unjust system that creates lifelong inequities. I'm so proud of each one of you. When one of us wins, we all win. We aren't each others competition, we need to celebrate one another because there are so few of us...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or something to start meeting everyone?