2015-2016 UCLA PRIME Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how we will find out? Email, snail mail? Call? :eek: This final stretch is killing meee haha

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how we will find out? Email, snail mail? Call? :eek: This final stretch is killing meee haha

Dr. Doyle said he personally calls us. Like please, keep me on yo speed dial Dr. Doyle!! but he told our group March 1st...so IDK!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from the first interview group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know if I'm relieved that a date was set or if I'm going to be more anxious as it gets closer to Monday.

Reactions: 3 users
dat "Upadate" email doeee haha

Is it safe to say that no one was called today? Or are the people that got accepted not on SDN? :/

New email update! 3/9 is the day to expect calls. lol UCLA

tumblr_needeg1m151ttma2yo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Long time lurker, first time poster....ACCEPTED! PRIME-WESTWOOD. Shaking.

Reactions: 4 users
I am about to barf all over my desk......ugggghhhhh. ring phone, ring!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Accepted as well PRIME-Westwood!

did they just call?

Dr. Doyle called at 3pm. A friend got the call 10 minutes before me. Previous students told me that not all calls are made the same day? I hope you get the call soon!

I hope the reason I didn't receive a call yet is because he's going in alphabetical order. :p

I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! :pPP UCLA PRIME BABEEEHHHHH

Well I got into Westwood. I wouldn't say either is better than the other. From my understanding Prime Westwood is basically Geffen plus a masters year and some other program specific requirements and support. Prime drew is the same thing but with the UCLA Drew program. A major difference I think Is in the 3rd and fourth year rotation schedule and which college you are able to choose in the 4th year of the medical school curriculum.

Drew also has its own program specific requirements so I think it's also basically Geffen but with prime requirements and drew requirements.

I could be way off, but this is my understanding of the differences.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I hope they award the Geffen to prime students as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all of you with acceptances!! :clap:

Has anyone been accepted to PRIME-Drew?

From what area code was the call? And if you missed it, did they leave a voicemail? Got a mysterious missed call from a SoCal area code this morning...

From what area code was the call? And if you missed it, did they leave a voicemail? Got a mysterious missed call from a SoCal area code this morning...
Did you call the number back??

Does anyone know where we can find the match list for UCLA PRIME graduates for this year?

Got the email about all but one of the acceptances having gone out already. Pretty sure that last one won't be for me hahaha congrats to everyone who got in!!

Anyone know if they called the last person last week? #stillhavehope

Released my spot in the class yesterday, by far the most difficult decision that I have ever made but hopefully it goes to someone deserving.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks for the update Futuredoctorhopeful1986. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors. Hopefully I can receive a spot off the waitlist.

I withdrew on Friday. Hope one of you gets the call!!

Thanks for the update Porcelena. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors. Hope they can update us on the Waitlist soon.

Doesn't anyone know if they have started to call students for Waitlist spots?

As soon as one person withdraws, they call someone.

I've lost interest in this school since I'll be matriculating at another PRIME program, but I'm curious as to how they decide who to pull off the waitlist. I believe the e-mail said it was unranked?

Also, now that the cycle's offer, I have to admit that this school probably had the worst admissions protocol of any I applied to. The constant back and forth as to when they would release decisions is extremely nerve-wracking for the applicants. The fact that they also e-mailed us to tell us that exactly one spot left would be given out was completely unhelpful. Consistent with the adcoms of all the other UCLA programs, I do hope next year's applicants see improvements in the way admissions handles things.

I have not been accepted into medical school yet, but I am SO proud of every single one of you who has. Although I have not been chosen for UCLA prime, yet (there's still hope) I know that they do an incredible job at selecting each one of you. Maybe I'll be accepted this cycle or maybe I will need to reapply-- but what gives me hope to keep going is to know that little by little people of color and socially aware individuals are being accepted in greater numbers. Each one of us makes a difference. Don't forget your roots. It's hard to be a weed in a sea of roses, but that weed is resilient, strong, and relentless. Most of us aren't roses. We've fought to be where we are today, we are trailblazers and we are the annoying one that always "brings up race." For those who made it, fight for the voiceless and create opportunities for those who have not made it. Congratulations, you've made it. You've overcome the statistics that plague our communities and you give hope and faith for generations to come. Remember the undocumented, remember the black men that overflow in our jails, remember the unjust system that creates lifelong inequities. I'm so proud of each one of you. When one of us wins, we all win. We aren't each others competition, we need to celebrate one another because there are so few of us...

Reactions: 7 users