2015-2016 University of California - Irvine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted!

@phuynh94 Mind sharing a few of the dates you were offered? Also congratulations, you have a killer app!
Thank you!

I was offered 8/31 or 9/18. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Quick question: Did you all receive a conformation email stating the Irvine had received your primary application? If so, how long after being verified did this email arrive? I'm slightly worried that I might be missing some communications...

Hey everyone! Quick question: Did you all receive a conformation email stating the Irvine had received your primary application? If so, how long after being verified did this email arrive? I'm slightly worried that I might be missing some communications...

I was verified 4 days after AMCAS opened...if that helps?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are LORs shown as received for anyone on the UCI secondary? I don't see a space for it under the status information and am wondering if this is normal. Thanks in advance!

I was verified 4 days after AMCAS opened...if that helps?
Ok, so you DID receive a confirmation email from Irvine stating they had received your primary? How long after being verified did you get this email?

I was verified 6/2 and received a "Receipt of Application" email and "Secondary Application Invite" email both on 7/15.

Are LORs shown as received for anyone on the UCI secondary? I don't see a space for it under the status information and am wondering if this is normal. Thanks in advance!

I don't see a space either.

I was verified 6/2 and received a "Receipt of Application" email and "Secondary Application Invite" email both on 7/15.
Great! Thanks for the info.

I can't remember if it was UCI or some other med school that made the announcement but basically if it shows on your AMCAS that your letters have been assigned to a school, then you can automatically assume that all those letters have been received or will be received by that school ^^

II! Via email at 6pm. 3.7/32 submitted sometime last week.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted today!

It can't be a good sign that I can't think of anything for personal accomplishment...

I am having a hard time with that one too, since most of my major accomplishments were academic-research related. Maybe I'll talk about my own business that I had when I was "younger" and was very profitable, or I can get serious and talk how I was able to help my mom financially after I left my house and started to work two jobs when I was under 18 ...........:thinking:. I just feel that an "accomplishment" in the context that they are asking entails something that you had to put a considered amount of time and effort.....

Interview 9/18! California resident; easily
one of the weakest applicants on this board but Hercules like upward trend. LizzyM 69. Good luck to everyone

I got an II same time yesterday! Submitted the secondary 7/15. Scheduled for 8/31. I'm OOS and I have similar stats in case anyone was curious.

I got an II same time yesterday! Submitted the secondary 7/15. Scheduled for 8/31. I'm OOS and I have similar stats in case anyone was curious.

You guys are making me worry that there's something wrong with my secondary :p. HOW are II's going out this fast/early?

I am having a hard time with that one too, since most of my major accomplishments were academic-research related. Maybe I'll talk about my own business that I had when I was "younger" and was very profitable, or I can get serious and talk how I was able to help my mom financially after I left my house and started to work two jobs when I was under 18 ...........:thinking:. I just feel that an "accomplishment" in the context that they are asking entails something that you had to put a considered amount of time and effort.....

I feel like they're going to care less about what you pick and more about why you're "proud of your accomplishment" so it sounds like you have some great options!

It can't be a good sign that I can't think of anything for personal accomplishment...
I feel like they're going to care less about what you pick and more about why you're "proud of your accomplishment" so it sounds like you have some great options!

Thanks, I think you are right, it is more about your "writing skills" than anything else. Creative writing is not my forte, so I always struggle in these type of assignments.

You received an interview on a Saturday? I assumed nothing would be done over the weekend. Was it automated (they made the decision Friday and waited to send Saturday)?

II! 71 LizzyM, submitted a few days ago.

Last edited:
II! I did NOT expect that. I was frantically checking my emails after seeing all of you get IIs and then out of desperation, I checked my account status on the website and saw it was awarded..

Is that what you guys did? Sneaky.

II! I did NOT expect that. I was frantically checking my emails after seeing all of you get IIs and then out of desperation, I checked my account status on the website and saw it was awarded..

Is that what you guys did? Sneaky.

Did you get an email too? Or just status update? Congrats btw :) :) :)

And is anyone who got an II an MSTP applicant?

"Not Awarded"

At least we'll always have our memories of 85°C together, Irvine.

:( When did you submit? Do you think that means you are out or just on hold?

"Not Awarded"

Sorry to hear no interview :( but LOL 85°C is so glorious *_* good thing they're opening up a bunch of locations in norcal woot woot

Did you get an email too? Or just status update? Congrats btw :) :) :)

And is anyone who got an II an MSTP applicant?

Nope, I'm still "under review." I think MSTP is running behind at almost all of the schools because I haven't heard of any MSTPs with IIs yet. Maybe we need a separate "MSTP Interview Invite" thread?

Hope you hear some great news soon!!

"Not Awarded"

So sorry to hear that :( Wishing you the best of luck at other schools throughout this process! Hope this application cycle is still a great one for you and you're just getting the bad news out of the way early! :)

Received, submitted, complete all on 7/15. From past threads, seems like its a final decision. I'm sad about it, but I've had plenty of friends with far stronger applications get rejections from all CA schools, so just taking it in stride.

I suppose the silver lining is that I won't balloon up to 300+ lbs now haha.

Thanks friend :) Best of luck to you as well.

you willl be fineeeeeee

You received an interview on a Saturday? I assumed nothing would be done over the weekend. Was it automated (they made the decision Friday and waited to send Saturday)?
Yea strange that it came Saturday, no idea if it was automated or not.

Sorry to hear no interview :( but LOL 85°C is so glorious *_* good thing they're opening up a bunch of locations in norcal woot woot

No joke, I gained like 5 pounds from constantly going after they opened up a location in Chino Hills. I would have like a tea + 4 breads in a day. Now I've cut it down to a sugarless tea + one pastry. And trying to lose the pounds before interviews!

Nope, I'm still "under review." I think MSTP is running behind at almost all of the schools because I haven't heard of any MSTPs with IIs yet. Maybe we need a separate "MSTP Interview Invite" thread?

Hope you hear some great news soon!!

Hehe good to know! And GL to you too!! A separate MSTP interview invite would be pretty helpful hahah the MSTP boards themselves seem pretty dead though...

Reactions: 2 users
QQ everyone... Did you simply list your 3 most meaningful activities on the activity section of the secondary or did you list more?

Thank you in advance! I'm excited to submit this one tonight.

QQ everyone... Did you simply list your 3 most meaningful activities on the activity section of the secondary or did you list more?

Thank you in advance! I'm excited to submit this one tonight.
Just the 3 that I listed on the AMCAS. Good luck! :)

This is my next secondary to be done........ excited to apply.... :clap:. I like the rapid II turn around

That feel when still no secondary. feelsbadman.jpg

Sorry for being neurotic but did anyone who submitted on 7/16 get an II yet?
I submitted 7/16 and my application is still under review. All apps are reviewed on a rolling basis so just chill and work on other secondaries for the time being :)