2015-2016 University of Central Florida Application Thread

Started by REL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Still in the lower 1/2 of the middle 1/3rd, been there since November. I so want to go to this school as it has been my top choice from the very beginning.

Anyways congrats to all those who have been accepted thus far.
 
Does anyone know when we find out our financial aid package?
According to REL's most recent waitlist update "You should receive information from the Scholarship Committee by the middle of March."

Anyone looking into 2nd look? I've planned a trip the following week to look for housing and show off the campus a bit
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone here know if UCF requires parental tax information on the fafsa form?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile
I'm also wondering this myself. I have another school that requires parental tax information, but some that say that it won't help you. What would be the best thing to do in this case? Just put parental information anyway?
 
Does anyone here know if UCF requires parental tax information on the fafsa form?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile

I'm also wondering this myself. I have another school that requires parental tax information, but some that say that it won't help you. What would be the best thing to do in this case? Just put parental information anyway?

UCF does not require parental information. During my interview they told us that they understand many will enter it because other schools will require it, but they still won't look at the parent info. I'd go ahead and enter it if your other school needs it.
 
Anyone else get the final decision email today? It seemed to state simply that the interview process was over but also implied that I was not offered an interview (despite attending one early on). Can we safely assume that this email was sent to everyone and that the current status on the portal trumps this email?
 
Anyone else get the final decision email today? It seemed to state simply that the interview process was over but also implied that I was not offered an interview (despite attending one early on). Can we safely assume that this email was sent to everyone and that the current status on the portal trumps this email?

I did not receive an e-mail like that on my end and I believe that UCF announced their end to the interview season a couple weeks ago.

Maybe it was from UF? I am aware that they announced their end to the II season today.
 
Hey, does anyone know if decisions come out tomorrow for the 2/8 interviewers? I was told when at the interview, but I am not sure if I remember correctly.
 
Ah, good call
We did have our last interview for this cycle yesterday. It has been a very strong application year and there were many more that we would have like to have included this year. I truly appreciate all that have applied and wish that we could have done you better if you did not receive an invitation.
 
@REL is it true that we will be getting financial aid updates some time this week/middle of this month? Thank you for all of your activity on this thread and willingness to answer our questions!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@REL is it true that we will be getting financial aid updates some time this week/middle of this month? Thank you for all of your activity on this thread and willingness to answer our questions!!
When I called both Laurel & John from the financial aid department, they said financial aid info should be rolling out within the next few weeks/throughout March because the committee was getting ready to meet soon.
 
@REL is it true that we will be getting financial aid updates some time this week/middle of this month? Thank you for all of your activity on this thread and willingness to answer our questions!!
Actually, only accepted students will receive FA info. In looking at my last update I did say you should receive FA info by mid-March that was wayyyy off base (don't know where that came from!) Sorry.
 
Actually, only accepted students will receive FA info. In looking at my last update I did say you should receive FA info by mid-March that was wayyyy off base (don't know where that came from!) Sorry.

Hello REL! So just to clarify, should accepted students expect to receive their financial aid information soon?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
If today was the last round of acceptances that would make the "Not Yet Accepted" list an official wait list now, right?
 
Can anyone or current UCF students shed some light on what kind of residency programs UCF has to offer, if any? Or what ties it has to institutions with competitive residency programs? I know it's still considered a new school so I'm not sure exactly what UCF has to offer. @REL if you have any information on this it would also be very helpful!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone or current UCF students shed some light on what kind of residency programs UCF has to offer, if any? Or what ties it has to institutions with competitive residency programs? I know it's still considered a new school so I'm not sure exactly what UCF has to offer. @REL if you have any information on this it would also be very helpful!

I'm sure a current student or REL will provide a better overview but to my knowledge, as of right now, UCF offers one residency in internal medicine through Osceola Regional Medical Center and the Orlando VA. However, late last year they announced new plans to develop residencies throughout FL including Gainesville and Ocala in more areas including OB/GYN and family medicine, among others (if I remember correctly they said something about adding hundreds of residency spots over the next couple years?). In addition to that, I believe UCF has affiliations with the Florida Hospital and Orlando Health residencies, where the med students all do rotations at anyways as part of the clinical curriculum.

Although UCF is new, there should be zero doubts about the school's ability to support you in the future while securing a residency. If you haven't already, just wait till you see this year's match list. I don't think they've posted it on the website yet, but someone posted it in the accepted students Facebook page and it is beyond amazing! They matched at some amazing places including: Emory, Yale, Wake Forest, Sinai, Case, Mass. General, Baylor, Vanderbilt, and a bunch more.
 
I'm sure a current student or REL will provide a better overview but to my knowledge, as of right now, UCF offers one residency in internal medicine through Osceola Regional Medical Center and the Orlando VA. However, late last year they announced new plans to develop residencies throughout FL including Gainesville and Ocala in more areas including OB/GYN and family medicine, among others (if I remember correctly they said something about adding hundreds of residency spots over the next couple years?). In addition to that, I believe UCF has affiliations with the Florida Hospital and Orlando Health residencies, where the med students all do rotations at anyways as part of the clinical curriculum.

Although UCF is new, there should be zero doubts about the school's ability to support you in the future while securing a residency. If you haven't already, just wait till you see this year's match list. I don't think they've posted it on the website yet, but someone posted it in the accepted students Facebook page and it is beyond amazing! They matched at some amazing places including: Emory, Yale, Wake Forest, Sinai, Case, Mass. General, Baylor, Vanderbilt, and a bunch more.
I'm sure a current student or REL will provide a better overview but to my knowledge, as of right now, UCF offers one residency in internal medicine through Osceola Regional Medical Center and the Orlando VA. However, late last year they announced new plans to develop residencies throughout FL including Gainesville and Ocala in more areas including OB/GYN and family medicine, among others (if I remember correctly they said something about adding hundreds of residency spots over the next couple years?). In addition to that, I believe UCF has affiliations with the Florida Hospital and Orlando Health residencies, where the med students all do rotations at anyways as part of the clinical curriculum.

Although UCF is new, there should be zero doubts about the school's ability to support you in the future while securing a residency. If you haven't already, just wait till you see this year's match list. I don't think they've posted it on the website yet, but someone posted it in the accepted students Facebook page and it is beyond amazing! They matched at some amazing places including: Emory, Yale, Wake Forest, Sinai, Case, Mass. General, Baylor, Vanderbilt, and a bunch more.
I dont have a facebook and would love to see the matchlist. Can you post it on here?
 
I'm a current student and would be happy to answer any questions. I matched at my first choice residency program- a top 15 in the nation. Was very happy with my experience here. I've also requested to be on the FB page. Someone asked about finding a place to live with 2 dogs- the harder issue is breed restriction but I have a pit mix and was able to get into an apartment with creative re-naming and a side picture. You can likely find a house to rent without any restrictions without any problem. Several people in my class bought homes during M1 and sold with a profit this year in less than 30 days.
 
Does anyone know if we submit vaccination records? And has anyone been contacted about the urine drug screen? I got the background check done...I want to make sure I don't forget anything!
 
Does anyone know if we submit vaccination records? And has anyone been contacted about the urine drug screen? I got the background check done...I want to make sure I don't forget anything!
they sent me an email with a checklist/all the info we need to get done before orientation, including info about vaccinations and the drug screen. I'm sure you'll be getting it soon!
 
With regard to scholarships etc., make sure that you review your offers. Sometimes a big scholarship still doesn't overcome the cost of that program, factor in all of the tuition/fees and cost of attendance. Also do not let a program convince you that you need to make a decision now!! You do not.
 
With regard to scholarships etc., make sure that you review your offers. Sometimes a big scholarship still doesn't overcome the cost of that program, factor in all of the tuition/fees and cost of attendance. Also do not let a program convince you that you need to make a decision now!! You do not.
Thank you REL! You have been such a great resource and advocate for us throughout this process and I am sure many students are with me when I say we appreciate it!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received mine as well!

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to ask, but would anyone be willing to share how much they got for financial aid? I'm just curious because the amount I received is rather small, even though I'm grateful for receiving anything in the first place, but financial aid is a big deal for me since I'm a disadvantaged applicant. Just wanted to gauge what UCF's offers look like. Hopefully this question doesn't rub anyone in the wrong way!
 
Just received mine as well!

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to ask, but would anyone be willing to share how much they got for financial aid? I'm just curious because the amount I received is rather small, even though I'm grateful for receiving anything in the first place, but financial aid is a big deal for me since I'm a disadvantaged applicant. Just wanted to gauge what UCF's offers look like. Hopefully this question doesn't rub anyone in the wrong way!

They "recommend" that you keep your award information confidential. So if anyone were to share, it'd probably be best to PM! I am also disadvantaged and didn't get an exorbitant amount, however it's more than any other school has given me not even counting the fact that I'm in-state so its already a cheaper school to go to. I'm not sure how much disadvantaged plays into the scholarship process, it might be a lot or a little, but many med students come out with loans regardless so I imagine it's more merit-based. I don't know any other school that strives to give 100% of its students some type of aid though so that is super awesome!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile