You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Central Florida Application Thread
Started by REL
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If you are OOS to start, but then buy a house in Florida before starting MS1, can you qualify for IS tuition starting in your second year?
Got my packet too! A little over whelmed at what the cost is looking like for an out of state student.... But I guess that's what I signed up for....
I'm with you there 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Of course, I feel bad for asking now. I definitely don't want there to be any trouble. I just wasn't sure what kind of aid offers are typical of UCF because I couldn't find much info on their website. But I completely understand what you're saying. My apologies for asking in the first place! But like avatarwan said, it's amazing that UCF strives to give all their students aid, so I'm extremely grateful. (Edit for typos)Me Five!!!! So happy!!!!!
I would advise against knowing or asking what anyone else has received, the result is never positive.
If you are OOS to start, but then buy a house in Florida before starting MS1, can you qualify for IS tuition starting in your second year?
I remember hearing on my interview day that this is not possible 🙁
Via email or mail?Just received my financial aid offer this afternoon, FYI!
Via e-mail for meVia email or mail?
Via email or mail?
Yes, email!
I asked this question at interview day and they said the only way to change residency status is to marry a Florida resident. There are no other situations that they see as being significant for that switchIf you are OOS to start, but then buy a house in Florida before starting MS1, can you qualify for IS tuition starting in your second year?
Top half of the middle 1/3. Any other people still waitlisted here?
Upper 1/3 here. I think you're in a good spot. Upper 1/3 are guaranteed an acceptance, while most in the top half of the middle 1/3 get accepted, so I think you're in good hands.Top half of the middle 1/3. Any other people still waitlisted here?
I think that it is a good thing to take offers of scholarships/grants into context with relation to actual institutional costs. The recently published version of the MSAR provides the Tuition/Fee (T/F) and Cost of Attendance (COA) for our Florida MD programs. I anticipate that the Scholarship Committee has taken this into consideration when making awards. Obviously they do not know of any awards for any other institutions.
Below are the MSAR FL Resident T/F, COA, and average 4 year debt figures. T/F is what MUST be paid to the university, some elements of COA are flexible depending upon how you choose to live or the real cost of survival in that area best on that programs local estimates.
Read: Institution: T/F --- COA --- Avg Grad Debt Total (Numbers are rounded)
UCF: 29,700 --- 53,900 --- 138,700
FAU: 32,100 --- 56,400 --- 158,200
USF: 33,700 --- 58,500 --- 148,400
UF: 37,000 --- 60,000 --- 150,100
FSU: 26,100 --- 60,500 --- 150,000
UM: 37,100 --- 65,000 --- 183,900
FIU: 37,900 --- 73,600 --- 189,800
Finally, I strongly feel that finances should not be a top tier decision point as you select a medical program. You should consider whether the program will fulfill your goals, the curriculum, the outcomes of national exams and match into specialties, diversity of hospitals, the program’s ability to support you. Finally try to recall the feeling that you had when you spent your interview day there….listen to your instincts. If you are a Florida resident you are lucky to have seven fairly equal programs that will all get you to your destination if you do your part well.
Below are the MSAR FL Resident T/F, COA, and average 4 year debt figures. T/F is what MUST be paid to the university, some elements of COA are flexible depending upon how you choose to live or the real cost of survival in that area best on that programs local estimates.
Read: Institution: T/F --- COA --- Avg Grad Debt Total (Numbers are rounded)
UCF: 29,700 --- 53,900 --- 138,700
FAU: 32,100 --- 56,400 --- 158,200
USF: 33,700 --- 58,500 --- 148,400
UF: 37,000 --- 60,000 --- 150,100
FSU: 26,100 --- 60,500 --- 150,000
UM: 37,100 --- 65,000 --- 183,900
FIU: 37,900 --- 73,600 --- 189,800
Finally, I strongly feel that finances should not be a top tier decision point as you select a medical program. You should consider whether the program will fulfill your goals, the curriculum, the outcomes of national exams and match into specialties, diversity of hospitals, the program’s ability to support you. Finally try to recall the feeling that you had when you spent your interview day there….listen to your instincts. If you are a Florida resident you are lucky to have seven fairly equal programs that will all get you to your destination if you do your part well.
Kind of awkward question, but has anyone else not been accepted elsewhere? I am in the top 1/3 on the waitlist here at UCF and anticipate an acceptance as REL has said, however, because I haven't been accepted or waitlisted anywhere else, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Is there any paperwork or actions or anything that I need to do before the waitlist moves? I don't need to confirm my place on the waitlist or anything, right?
I just would hate for the waitlist to move and them call and say "oh you forgot to file such and such form so we can't offer you admission, bye"
Any assurance would be helpful! Thank you, and I'm so so excited to start here next fall!
I just would hate for the waitlist to move and them call and say "oh you forgot to file such and such form so we can't offer you admission, bye"
Any assurance would be helpful! Thank you, and I'm so so excited to start here next fall!
Kind of awkward question, but has anyone else not been accepted elsewhere? I am in the top 1/3 on the waitlist here at UCF and anticipate an acceptance as REL has said, however, because I haven't been accepted or waitlisted anywhere else, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Is there any paperwork or actions or anything that I need to do before the waitlist moves? I don't need to confirm my place on the waitlist or anything, right?
I just would hate for the waitlist to move and them call and say "oh you forgot to file such and such form so we can't offer you admission, bye"
Any assurance would be helpful! Thank you, and I'm so so excited to start here next fall!
There's nothing you need to confirm to be on the waitlist. And yes, you're pretty much going to get an acceptance.
Kind of awkward question, but has anyone else not been accepted elsewhere? I am in the top 1/3 on the waitlist here at UCF and anticipate an acceptance as REL has said, however, because I haven't been accepted or waitlisted anywhere else, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Is there any paperwork or actions or anything that I need to do before the waitlist moves? I don't need to confirm my place on the waitlist or anything, right?
I just would hate for the waitlist to move and them call and say "oh you forgot to file such and such form so we can't offer you admission, bye"
Any assurance would be helpful! Thank you, and I'm so so excited to start here next fall!
I'm in the same position, although many were surprised wth the small quantity of school I applied to so that may factor in. As I understand, the waitlist is on a temporary lock for movement. I would assume this means that the offers currently out would be enough to fill the class. However statistically speaking a good percentage of those who currently have offers will choose to go somewhere else and at that time movement on the wait list will resume. I remember REL saying that those with multiple offers will need to finalize their decision on May 1 so a good deal of movement can be expected as we approach that date.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same position, although many were surprised wth the small quantity of school I applied to so that may factor in. As I understand, the waitlist is on a temporary lock for movement. I would assume this means that the offers currently out would be enough to fill the class. However statistically speaking a good percentage of those who currently have offers will choose to go somewhere else and at that time movement on the wait list will resume. I remember REL saying that those with multiple offers will need to finalize their decision on May 1 so a good deal of movement can be expected as we approach that date.
Thank you! I'm familiar with the process from the interview day and the emails. I just wanted to confirm there was no need to file any paperwork or send an email to confirm our spot on the waitlist was all. Thank you!!
The deadline for multiple decisions is April 30th, so starting May 1st is when you should start seeing WL movement if there is any.I'm in the same position, although many were surprised wth the small quantity of school I applied to so that may factor in. As I understand, the waitlist is on a temporary lock for movement. I would assume this means that the offers currently out would be enough to fill the class. However statistically speaking a good percentage of those who currently have offers will choose to go somewhere else and at that time movement on the wait list will resume. I remember REL saying that those with multiple offers will need to finalize their decision on May 1 so a good deal of movement can be expected as we approach that date.
REL,
I am currently in the bottom half of the top third of the wait list. Do you foresee another update coming out prior to second look? Should I consider going to second look without an official acceptance? Thanks.
I am currently in the bottom half of the top third of the wait list. Do you foresee another update coming out prior to second look? Should I consider going to second look without an official acceptance? Thanks.
REL,
I am currently in the bottom half of the top third of the wait list. Do you foresee another update coming out prior to second look? Should I consider going to second look without an official acceptance? Thanks.
@REL
I don't think you can go without an invitation and only accepted students (and some at the very tip top of the waitlist with other acceptances) receive an invitation. I could be wrong on this, but that's how it works at some other schools and I believe this is also how UCF operates.
It's gonna be great to meet everyone 🙂I AM SO EXCITED FOR SECOND LOOK!!!!!!!! Excuse me if I am being too loud 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am currently traveling and MAY be able to get an update out before Monday. Yes, as noted on interview day we do overbook so, like about every MD program I know of, we will wait for the extra's to vacate before we begin inviting from the wait list. That usually begins to occur in late April. That also means that acceptance offers off the wait list can be given MORE THAN 5 days to consider an offer because that offer came prior to the April 30 deadline. After the April 30 deadline program can make offers, but MUST give you at least 5 days to consider their offer if you already have an acceptance. This 5 days timeframe is for all programs until they get closer to their starting date where they can reduce that time. For example FSU starts (?end of May/early June?), so they can immediately make offers and give you timeframes less than 5 days, most other programs that start later must give you a minimum of 5 days to consider the offer. Obviously this also answers the question: Yes, you can have multiple acceptances after April 30 because you are making that decision from the wait list offer.
All accepted has had several opportunities to respond to inquiries about attending 2Lk and we are very full and can not add anyone for Monday. there are a very few from the upper wait list that have been included based on vacancies (not necessarily accepted elsewhere at this time).
All accepted has had several opportunities to respond to inquiries about attending 2Lk and we are very full and can not add anyone for Monday. there are a very few from the upper wait list that have been included based on vacancies (not necessarily accepted elsewhere at this time).
@REL Do you know the most recent step 1 average for UCF? I know you guys said it was around 234ish on interview day but I think we were told it was old data since the new/most recent average weren't published yet at that time? Was wondering if there were any updates on that.
The most recent average for Step 1 is 238 and according to FIU we have the same score; according to discussions we both likely lead the state in Step 1 but there is no way to verify this. Our Step 2 is 253, a very high score and likely could also lead the state. The most recent NRMP summary report placed our Matched applicant Step 1 and Step 2 scores in the upper quartile of the nation in these two categories.
The most recent average for Step 1 is 238 and according to FIU we have the same score; according to discussions we both likely lead the state in Step 1 but there is no way to verify this. Our Step 2 is 253, a very high score and likely could also lead the state. The most recent NRMP summary report placed our Matched applicant Step 1 and Step 2 scores in the upper quartile of the nation in these two categories.
So one of our more current classes had one that completed 20 in the military, so that means 40-41 ish to date. Several upper 20's and throughout the 30's have been admitted.I am sure I am not the oldest but I will be 40 in the fall coming in for 2020
Is it possible to give us an update on the waitlist situation at this time? Is it still heavily overbooked? Thank you for your assistance!I am currently traveling and MAY be able to get an update out before Monday. Yes, as noted on interview day we do overbook so, like about every MD program I know of, we will wait for the extra's to vacate before we begin inviting from the wait list. That usually begins to occur in late April. That also means that acceptance offers off the wait list can be given MORE THAN 5 days to consider an offer because that offer came prior to the April 30 deadline. After the April 30 deadline program can make offers, but MUST give you at least 5 days to consider their offer if you already have an acceptance. This 5 days timeframe is for all programs until they get closer to their starting date where they can reduce that time. For example FSU starts (?end of May/early June?), so they can immediately make offers and give you timeframes less than 5 days, most other programs that start later must give you a minimum of 5 days to consider the offer. Obviously this also answers the question: Yes, you can have multiple acceptances after April 30 because you are making that decision from the wait list offer.
All accepted has had several opportunities to respond to inquiries about attending 2Lk and we are very full and can not add anyone for Monday. there are a very few from the upper wait list that have been included based on vacancies (not necessarily accepted elsewhere at this time).
Last edited:
Yes, it is over-booked. Few have made any decisions yet. The whittling down will begin some solid movement early next week and pick up speed as we approach April 30.....until we attrit to 119, we will not begin to use the wait list....make sense.Is it possible to give us an update on the waitlist situation at this time? Is it still heavily overbooked? Thank you for your assistance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have yet to receive the matriculation requirements email, was accepted early March. Should I call student affairs or hang tight?
Yes...email me pleaseI have yet to receive the matriculation requirements email, was accepted early March. Should I call student affairs or hang tight?
What is on the matriculation requirements email? I don't think I've received it either.Yes...email me please
Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile
It is an annual email send out by Student Affairs that gets you going on the requirements for insurances, immunizations, email account, etc. They are sending it out alphabetically and they appear to be halfway through at this point.What is on the matriculation requirements email? I don't think I've received it either.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile
Anyone not have this now??It is an annual email send out by Student Affairs that gets you going on the requirements for insurances, immunizations, email account, etc. They are sending it out alphabetically and they appear to be halfway through at this point.
Yes, it is over-booked. Few have made any decisions yet. The whittling down will begin some solid movement early next week and pick up speed as we approach April 30.....until we attrit to 119, we will not begin to use the wait list....make sense.
Has the whittling down process gotten any movement recently? Is it getting close to moving people off the waitlist? Thanks in advance!
Anyone get accepted from the waitlist recently? Thx!
@REL Is it possible to tell us how close we are to getting to 119 on the wait list? When do you expect movement to begin? Thanks!
We will be offering to some non-Floridians today; will probably start on in-stater's next week some time.@REL Is it possible to tell us how close we are to getting to 119 on the wait list? When do you expect movement to begin? Thanks!
Hi all, I'm a graduating student. I know it's coming down to decision time for a few of you so if you have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me. I will post any questions PMed (sans your info) here so others will benefit.
UCF was the best decision I made. When my decision day came, I was between UM and here. I had also been accepted to the other FL schools as well as some out of state programs so I'm happy to discuss that as well with the primary focus on being why UCF was the best fit for me. I can also speak to doing a long distance relationship as a result of my decision (which has resulted in engagement so I would say successful!) and my experience as a non trad. I can put you in contact with other students as well. Happy to provide any help at all for you to make the best decision for you!
UCF was the best decision I made. When my decision day came, I was between UM and here. I had also been accepted to the other FL schools as well as some out of state programs so I'm happy to discuss that as well with the primary focus on being why UCF was the best fit for me. I can also speak to doing a long distance relationship as a result of my decision (which has resulted in engagement so I would say successful!) and my experience as a non trad. I can put you in contact with other students as well. Happy to provide any help at all for you to make the best decision for you!
First couple of questions/answers
I'm currently trying to decide between UF and UCF. From your post I see that you had a similar issue between UM and UCF. What made you decide on UCF?
I ended up choosing UCF even though it meant taking me away from my bf, and now fiancé, because it was the overall better fit. I was really excited about being part of something new and ucf was well guided and had a great vision (still does). The dean is amazing! I also appreciated the transparency of ucf through the admissions process and it's been the same as a student. I attended UF in the past and also felt it was more of a competitive atmosphere. At UCF, people are truly collaborative and there is a sense of your success is my success. I really got that vibe on interview day. Yes we have amazing technology and a beautiful building but the people are what drew me and made me glad I came here.
What made you choose UCF over UM? I absolutely love UCF, their integrated curriculum, the FIRE project, the opportunities there, and the people. It seems the faculty genuinely care about the students. UM is a great school as well and honestly the main reason I would even think about going to UM is for the name, which I think may not be a good enough reason.
I ultimately chose UCF because of what you hinted at- the people- and I have not been disappointed. At the time I was applying, UM was undergoing a massive transition which required laying off about 10% of their workforce. Unfortunately, they did not handle this with transparency and that ultimately turned me off especially because UCF was and has been so transparent. Rel is just one example of this. Name matters only if you're talking about Harvard vs UCF and even then, I don't think UCF has held me back at all. The faculty and staff here work their butt off for us and if you do your part, the opportunities are limitless. There's a reason we won the national award for advising! I matched my first choice at a top 10 program and interviewed at top 5 programs (but didn't rank them as high for location reasons). UCF is just a special place. We really care about each other. I ultimately believe that where you are happy, you will be most successful, not the other way around.
I'm currently trying to decide between UF and UCF. From your post I see that you had a similar issue between UM and UCF. What made you decide on UCF?
I ended up choosing UCF even though it meant taking me away from my bf, and now fiancé, because it was the overall better fit. I was really excited about being part of something new and ucf was well guided and had a great vision (still does). The dean is amazing! I also appreciated the transparency of ucf through the admissions process and it's been the same as a student. I attended UF in the past and also felt it was more of a competitive atmosphere. At UCF, people are truly collaborative and there is a sense of your success is my success. I really got that vibe on interview day. Yes we have amazing technology and a beautiful building but the people are what drew me and made me glad I came here.
What made you choose UCF over UM? I absolutely love UCF, their integrated curriculum, the FIRE project, the opportunities there, and the people. It seems the faculty genuinely care about the students. UM is a great school as well and honestly the main reason I would even think about going to UM is for the name, which I think may not be a good enough reason.
I ultimately chose UCF because of what you hinted at- the people- and I have not been disappointed. At the time I was applying, UM was undergoing a massive transition which required laying off about 10% of their workforce. Unfortunately, they did not handle this with transparency and that ultimately turned me off especially because UCF was and has been so transparent. Rel is just one example of this. Name matters only if you're talking about Harvard vs UCF and even then, I don't think UCF has held me back at all. The faculty and staff here work their butt off for us and if you do your part, the opportunities are limitless. There's a reason we won the national award for advising! I matched my first choice at a top 10 program and interviewed at top 5 programs (but didn't rank them as high for location reasons). UCF is just a special place. We really care about each other. I ultimately believe that where you are happy, you will be most successful, not the other way around.
More:
Do you think the lack of home residency programs for most specialties limits students in the match at all? I'm trying to decide between my midwest home state program with residencies in every specialty and UCF. I really do like UCF more as a school, I just don't want to limit my options when it comes to matching four years from now.
We have had students match in all specialties so I personally don't think this is a problem. I will say that you will do away rotations in competitive specialties, no matter where you go, and our students got their LORs primarily from aways. There are plenty of research opportunities at our hospital partners in all departments because all of our affiliated hospitals have those departments even if they don't have the UCF name on them. The one thing that is truly amazing is how excited physicians in the area are to work with people! Lastly, we have 4th year electives in almost everything even though we don't have a formal residency in anything other than IM or EM (yes, EM starts this July!) (yet). You can also make your own elective too if they don't (for some reason) have something you really want to do- i.e. I wanted to do curriculum development so I worked with a faculty member to create an elective. Like I told a prior person, you will be most successful where you are most happy.
Oh and lastly lastly, some of our students match into programs at FH or ORMC (pre lim years, surgery, IM, EM are just the examples I can think of this year but you can see those on prior year match lists too)
Do you think the lack of home residency programs for most specialties limits students in the match at all? I'm trying to decide between my midwest home state program with residencies in every specialty and UCF. I really do like UCF more as a school, I just don't want to limit my options when it comes to matching four years from now.
We have had students match in all specialties so I personally don't think this is a problem. I will say that you will do away rotations in competitive specialties, no matter where you go, and our students got their LORs primarily from aways. There are plenty of research opportunities at our hospital partners in all departments because all of our affiliated hospitals have those departments even if they don't have the UCF name on them. The one thing that is truly amazing is how excited physicians in the area are to work with people! Lastly, we have 4th year electives in almost everything even though we don't have a formal residency in anything other than IM or EM (yes, EM starts this July!) (yet). You can also make your own elective too if they don't (for some reason) have something you really want to do- i.e. I wanted to do curriculum development so I worked with a faculty member to create an elective. Like I told a prior person, you will be most successful where you are most happy.
Oh and lastly lastly, some of our students match into programs at FH or ORMC (pre lim years, surgery, IM, EM are just the examples I can think of this year but you can see those on prior year match lists too)
What did you do that helped you succeed at UCF? Any advice or pearls of wisdom for an incoming first year?
I think that I chose a school I'd be happiest at and I pursued things that I was passionate about throughout medical school. I, of course, studied hard but I also kept in mind my ultimate career goals by staying involved in things I truly enjoyed. Pearls of wisdom I guess would be study hard, play hard, enjoy the process as much as you can, make some great friends and support each other through the up and down. Keep your priorities in order- I adopted a shifting priorities model and it has worked out tremendously. Listen to those who have come before you, find some good mentors (plural!). Med school has been the best 4 years of my life. Enjoy them!
I think that I chose a school I'd be happiest at and I pursued things that I was passionate about throughout medical school. I, of course, studied hard but I also kept in mind my ultimate career goals by staying involved in things I truly enjoyed. Pearls of wisdom I guess would be study hard, play hard, enjoy the process as much as you can, make some great friends and support each other through the up and down. Keep your priorities in order- I adopted a shifting priorities model and it has worked out tremendously. Listen to those who have come before you, find some good mentors (plural!). Med school has been the best 4 years of my life. Enjoy them!
- I heard from current M1s and M2s that UCF currently tests with one final at the end of the module that's anywhere from 80-93% of your grade (aside from anatomy where there's a midterm and final). Isn't it stressful having just one exam basically account for your entire grade? How did you feel about that?
- Did you find Lake Nona a difficult place to live during your time at UCF? I know they have built more things now compared to when you went through medical school but how did you adapt to the area, especially with Orlando being so spaced out and requiring a lot of driving? Would you recommend to live closer to campus or further away in an area close to amenities?
- Are there a lot of ways to get involved with the community at UCF considering its distance from Narcoossee Rd and the rest of the city in Orlando?
- I'm deciding between FIU and UCF at the moment and it's a tough call because both schools are similar and have been doing very well in terms of step, matching, etc... Do you know any additional information that can help differentiate the two schools?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping you could give me some insight into how hard it was to be in a long-distance relationship while in medical school. My S.O. will also be starting medical school in August and the thought of potentially having a long distance worries me.
My now fiancé and I have successfully done long distance through all 4 years. I've seen both long distance and close relationships work and not work in medical school and what it comes down to is if your SO is truly supportive of your pursuit of medicine. This is hard to know bc the stresses of med school are hard to evaluate before you're there. I remember thinking I knew. I was wrong haha. In the end, it worked for us because it allowed us to both pursue our own careers. In addition, I could be super involved at school without any resentment- I never had anyone at home expecting me to come home for dinner etc. On weekends when we visited, we chose weekends not near exams etc and made sure no work from either side was done. This meant putting in more of an effort in the days leading up to and the days after a visit but it was worth it. Of course, we used FaceTime regularly. For us, it worked. And I'm glad we'll finally be together during residency!
My now fiancé and I have successfully done long distance through all 4 years. I've seen both long distance and close relationships work and not work in medical school and what it comes down to is if your SO is truly supportive of your pursuit of medicine. This is hard to know bc the stresses of med school are hard to evaluate before you're there. I remember thinking I knew. I was wrong haha. In the end, it worked for us because it allowed us to both pursue our own careers. In addition, I could be super involved at school without any resentment- I never had anyone at home expecting me to come home for dinner etc. On weekends when we visited, we chose weekends not near exams etc and made sure no work from either side was done. This meant putting in more of an effort in the days leading up to and the days after a visit but it was worth it. Of course, we used FaceTime regularly. For us, it worked. And I'm glad we'll finally be together during residency!
Hi REL,We will be offering to some non-Floridians today; will probably start on in-stater's next week some time.
Thanks a lot for being a constant support for us waitlisters in the forums, and frequently updating us about waitlist movement. Speaking of which, now that April 30 (or May 2, depending on which deadline UCF COM uses) has passed, I assume that the school has gotten a clearer idea of how movement will be like. Thus, I was wondering if 1) the movement trend for the waitlist this year is similar to previous years, and 2) whether you could approximate about when the waitlist will start reaching the top 1/3 bottom half for out of states.
Thanks so much for your help!
Hi REL,
Thanks a lot for being a constant support for us waitlisters in the forums, and frequently updating us about waitlist movement. Speaking of which, now that April 30 (or May 2, depending on which deadline UCF COM uses) has passed, I assume that the school has gotten a clearer idea of how movement will be like. Thus, I was wondering if 1) the movement trend for the waitlist this year is similar to previous years, and 2) whether you could approximate about when the waitlist will start reaching the top 1/3 bottom half for out of states.
Thanks so much for your help!
It is still very early. Movement through April was not as strong as in the past. What happens now is a stop and go routine. We offered several seats yesterday and today, they get 10 days to decide. So in 8-10 days some will go, and another round begins. So as we get about 20 days into the month things will get more clear. Luckily that is also the time that another round of updates is due.
Hi REL,It is still very early. Movement through April was not as strong as in the past. What happens now is a stop and go routine. We offered several seats yesterday and today, they get 10 days to decide. So in 8-10 days some will go, and another round begins. So as we get about 20 days into the month things will get more clear. Luckily that is also the time that another round of updates is due.
Thanks for your prompt response. Just to clarify, when you say that movement through the month of April was not as strong, does that also mean that movement specifically near or at the April 30 deadline was a far cry from previous years? Given that UCF COM has historically accepted all out of state students in the upper 1/3, do you anticipate this to be different this year, due to the slower movement through April?
Thanks for your time!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K